Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens (2015, Abrams) S: Hamill, Ford, Fisher

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens (2015, Abrams) S: Hamill, Ford, Fisher

Old 10-29-15, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 321 Likes on 239 Posts
Re: Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens (2015, Abrams) S: Hamill, Ford, Fisher

Originally Posted by Quack
Saw the back cover of the soundtrack has leaked...staying away from it....as I'm sure there is some spoilers in the listings.
I think that's the "fake" version that's been floating around that features tracks like:

"The Falcon Explodes", "Jar Jar Dies", and "Luke's Noble End".
Old 10-29-15, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Re: Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens (2015, Abrams) S: Hamill, Ford, Fisher

^ah gotcha....just looked at it.

:facepalm:
Old 10-29-15, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Quack
Saw the back cover of the soundtrack has leaked...staying away from it....as I'm sure there is some spoilers in the listings.
TPM was pretty low key with their titles lol. Should have just called the one track "Qui-Gon kicks the bucket!"
Old 10-30-15, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 90 Likes on 58 Posts

Carrie Fisher interviews Daisy Ridley: http://www.interviewmagazine.com/film/daisy-ridley

My favorite Fisher quotes:

Well, you should fight for your outfit. Don't be a slave like I was.
And Keira Knightley. You just ruined her career.
Old 10-30-15, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 269 Likes on 198 Posts

I always thought that her costume should have been called "[Jabba's] prisoner Leia". He didn't really make her do any work that would be associated with being a slave. He just kept her chained up by him. I suppose if Jabba had been able to keep her long enough that she would have been made to dance for him which would satisfy the work required in being called a slave. Or are we to assume that Jabba did make her dance, or do other stuff, after she was captured but before Luke showed up?
Old 10-30-15, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by windom
I always thought that her costume should have been called "[Jabba's] prisoner Leia". He didn't really make her do any work that would be associated with being a slave. He just kept her chained up by him. I suppose if Jabba had been able to keep her long enough that she would have been made to dance for him which would satisfy the work required in being called a slave. Or are we to assume that Jabba did make her dance, or do other stuff, after she was captured but before Luke showed up?
I agree. "Slave" is a bit strong when describing being forced into bondage and made to wear a humiliating hyper-sexual costume.

As far as I'm concerned Leia was asking for it with that suggestive gender-bending bounty hunter cosplay while surrounded by men. She deserved everything she got.
Old 10-30-15, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 321 Likes on 239 Posts

1983 my friend...the country wasn't a bunch of leftie PC liberals. It was the Reagan years!
Old 10-30-15, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 110 Likes on 72 Posts

Wow, the new Duracell Christmas commercial is spoilerific!

Spoiler:
a little girl dressed as Rey uses the force and a lightsaber

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YBh0hgP8wWk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 10-30-15, 07:27 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 397 Likes on 247 Posts

still better than TPM
Old 10-30-15, 08:13 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Uh, yeah, there's definitely a suggestion that Jabba's slaves were doing a lot more than just dancing for him. Why else would his Twilek slave try so hard not to get pulled up to his dias while she was dancing? It certainly wasn't because she was so in love with the art of dance.
Old 10-30-15, 08:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Supermallet
Uh, yeah, there's definitely a suggestion that Jabba's slaves were doing a lot more than just dancing for him. Why else would his Twilek slave try so hard not to get pulled up to his dias while she was dancing? It certainly wasn't because she was so in love with the art of dance.
Yeah, the movies can't go there because they have to keep it PG but I always thought they were basically sex slaves. Dancing is just the foreplay.

How Jabba has sex I really really really do not want to know, but I doubt he kept female slaves in skimpy outfits just to do nothing but dance for him.
Old 10-30-15, 08:38 PM
Banned by request

Also one not need do manual labor in order to be a slave.
Old 10-30-15, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 573 Likes on 418 Posts

Originally Posted by Supermallet
Didn't want to drop down a trap door?

Old 10-30-15, 08:46 PM
Banned by request

The other way to look at it is that she'd rather die than get raped again.
Old 10-30-15, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,646 Likes on 1,832 Posts

Did Jabba even have a dick? Was he just doing cunnilingus with that giant tongue, or was it something kinkier like scat?
Old 10-30-15, 10:38 PM

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Did Jabba even have a dick? Was he just doing cunnilingus with that giant tongue, or was it something kinkier like scat?
Old 10-31-15, 06:06 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
How do slugs fuck?
Old 10-31-15, 06:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 736 Likes on 363 Posts

Originally Posted by Solid Snake
How do slugs fuck?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slug

Slugs are hermaphrodites, having both female and male reproductive organs. Once a slug has located a mate, they encircle each other and sperm is exchanged through their protruded genitalia. A few days later, the slugs lay around thirty eggs in a hole in the ground, or beneath the cover of an object such as a fallen log.
You're welcome!
Old 10-31-15, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Abob Teff
That is bullshit. I suppose my droids have to wait outside also!
"Simulated" They didn't say anything about bringing a real lightsaber in
Old 10-31-15, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 269 Likes on 198 Posts

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Hutt

Hutts were physiological anomalies as they possessed traits from many different species. Similar to sea mammals, their nostrils could close and their large lungs allowed them to stay submerged underwater for hours at a time. Like worms, they were hermaphroditic and thus possessed both male and female sex organs. And they had the marsupial trait of bearing their young one at a time and nourishing them in a brood pouch in the body.[6] Despite these many characteristics, they were generally classified as gastropods by scientists due to their hermaphroditic nature and slithering, slug-like manner of their movement.
Old 10-31-15, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Pretty compelling argument for Luke being on the dark side

http://observer.com/2015/10/luke-skywalker-sith-lord
Old 10-31-15, 12:24 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Damed
Pretty compelling argument for Luke being on the dark side

http://observer.com/2015/10/luke-skywalker-sith-lord
Seems like Anakin, Obi Wan, and Yoda were fine w/ luke at the end of RotJ.

I could believe that he may struggle w/ it cuz he had some half assed training cuz... life but not all out Dark Side.
Old 10-31-15, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 368 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by JTH182
Wow, the new Duracell Christmas commercial is spoilerific!

Spoiler:
a little girl dressed as Rey uses the force and a lightsaber

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YBh0hgP8wWk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Not even close to the worst Christmas-associated Star Wars thing.
Old 10-31-15, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't see how a battery commercial is spolerific. Just kids playing Star Wars. And what kid doesn't pretend to use lightsabers when playing star wars? Kids playing with guns is a no no but swords are still ok. They used different colors so viewers can easily tell them apart. Green & blue sabers have been used in SW since 1983. The girl is dressed like the heroine from the film. No different then an 80's commercial having a girl dressed as Leia or a 200x commercial having a girl dressed as Padme. The boy is dressed in generic Jedi robes which we haven't seen so far in any promo material.

So unless the movie has the Empire attacking some kid jedis living in the suburbs, I see nothing spoilers in it.
Old 10-31-15, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,172 Likes on 902 Posts

/mouthbreathers

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.