Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens (2015, Abrams) S: Hamill, Ford, Fisher

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens (2015, Abrams) S: Hamill, Ford, Fisher

Old 10-23-15, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 129 Likes on 109 Posts
Re: Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens (2015, Abrams) S: Hamill, Ford, Fisher

Well, if you're not able to go see this the first day, you sure as hell better stay off twitter and facebook or the whole thing will be ruined for you.

Hell, just the Trending topics on twitter would probably ruin the major reveals/plot points.

I have a buddy who works at a theater in management. I may see if I can slide him a 50 and go in to watch ahead of time while they screen it to make sure everything's working.
Old 10-23-15, 01:48 PM

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts
Re: Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens (2015, Abrams) S: Hamill, Ford, Fisher

Originally Posted by Throwing Copper
Well, if you're not able to go see this the first day, you sure as hell better stay off twitter and facebook or the whole thing will be ruined for you.

Hell, just the Trending topics on twitter would probably ruin the major reveals/plot points.
Another good reason why no one needs to be on Facebook or Twitter daily.
Old 10-23-15, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 129 Likes on 109 Posts

A question for those familiar with the movie industry, when people (assuming all working on Star Wars) sign a confidentiality agreement, what is the potential penalty if they break that agreement and spoil the movie before it comes out?
Old 10-23-15, 02:03 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Brack
Given it's being released a week before Christmas, with college and most k-12 schools starting on winter break as well, I don't see why this can't break box office opening records either.
The current December record holder is The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey. Even if TFA doubles that amount, it still wouldn't break the all-time opening record. Tall task.
Old 10-23-15, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 90 Likes on 58 Posts

A question for those familiar with the movie industry, when people (assuming all working on Star Wars) sign a confidentiality agreement, what is the potential penalty if they break that agreement and spoil the movie before it comes out?
I read a rumor that folks working on Batman v Superman faced a $5 million fine for breaking the confidentiality agreement.
Old 10-23-15, 02:10 PM
Banned

Location: Conducting miss-aisle drills and listening to their rock n roll
Received 168 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by GuessWho
fan-made video with all footage from the teasers & trailer

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XIRoASL90EI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
That was great. The sum is greater than the parts. I liked even more than last Mondays trailer.
Old 10-23-15, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 270 Likes on 203 Posts

Unofficially that they never work in Hollywood again. Like the dancer who leaked Crystal Skull details, and subsequently was cut from the movie.

Presumably they could probably get sued as well.
Old 10-23-15, 02:34 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bluetoast
Unofficially that they never work in Hollywood again. Like the dancer who leaked Crystal Skull details, and subsequently was cut from the movie.

Presumably they could probably get sued as well.
Dancer? What'd they leak about it?
Old 10-23-15, 02:37 PM

Received 4,475 Likes on 3,036 Posts

Originally Posted by Solid Snake
Dancer? What'd they leak about it?
http://www.vulture.com/2007/09/the_i...a_and_the.html ... A god damn epidemic.

Last edited by dex14; 10-23-15 at 02:43 PM.
Old 10-23-15, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 89 Likes on 63 Posts

Well Obi-Wan and Yoda had all the more reason to be in hiding. By the end of RotJ, Luke doesn't have any reason to hide. Not that we know of yet.
He had the hots for his sister and kissed her. Dude likely has some serious issues.
Old 10-23-15, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Chrisedge
Obi-Wan went into hiding
Yoda went into hiding
Why do people think it's so weird for Luke to go into hiding?

I would guarantee Luke does not turn to the dark side...
Well Obi-Wan and Yoda had all the more reason to be in hiding. By the end of RotJ, Luke doesn't have any reason to hide. Not that we know of yet.
Originally Posted by JeremyM
He had the hots for his sister and kissed her. Dude likely has some serious issues.
plus he had his fingerprints all over Dagobah where the little green dude died
probably a warrant out for his arrest
Old 10-23-15, 07:22 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by musick
Hah, that's great!

Cop: "What'd you do with body, sir?"
Luke: "It disappeared, vanished..."
Cop: "you're under arrest."
Old 10-23-15, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

well yeah, I mean Skywalker came all the way from Tatooine and the kid's only alibi is an unreliable droid
Old 10-23-15, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yeah, it sure looked like Dagobah had a crackerjack police force.
Old 10-24-15, 01:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 573 Likes on 418 Posts

Is it really needed to put discussion in spoilers for a movie that no one knows anything about?
Old 10-24-15, 03:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 395 Likes on 264 Posts

All this talk about Luke not being on the poster and in the trailer and yet there hasn't been a peep about the fact that Max Von Sydow hasn't been in either teaser, the trailer, or the poster. Hell, we don't even know the name of the character he is playing.

I'm still not convinced he won't be playing a force ghost of either Obi Wan or Anakin.
Old 10-24-15, 05:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,646 Likes on 1,832 Posts

Originally Posted by Chadm
All this talk about Luke not being on the poster and in the trailer and yet there hasn't been a peep about the fact that Max Von Sydow hasn't been in either teaser, the trailer, or the poster. Hell, we don't even know the name of the character he is playing.

I'm still not convinced he won't be playing a force ghost of either Obi Wan or Anakin.
I think he's playing
Spoiler:
some kind old hermit living in a wrecked AT-AT, which sort of has shades of both Obi-Wan and Yoda.

Since he's living somewhere, he's probably not a ghost.

Maybe Kanan from Rebels? I dunno... I did have a crazy-assed theory I posted a while back, but it's really left-field...

My theory was (based on a leaked potential spoiler) that he is
Spoiler:
Anakin, who survived ROTJ.
Old 10-24-15, 07:36 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

After being burned at the end? Where everyone is looking at him?

I also heavily doubt the films use anything from the cartoon. Typically in multi format franchises. There is a prime source to follow. And the others have to respect that one and not interrupt that big view piece.
Old 10-24-15, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,216 Likes on 834 Posts

well yeah, I mean Skywalker came all the way from Tatooine and the kid's only alibi is an unreliable droid
Add in the fact that he was hanging out with that crazy old hermit (pedophile, I'm sure), who "coincidentally" also disappeared with no body to be found.

Then he went all emo and was dressing in all black and created that story about that fake hand. Come on, we all know the glove was to cover up him being a cutter.

And yes, there were the Duggar-like rumblings about him molesting his sister. Of course, his mom used her political clout to cover all that up.

Kid is bad news I tell ya'. Bad news.
Old 10-24-15, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 368 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by Geddlo
Hah, that's great!

Cop: "What'd you do with body, sir?"
Luke: "It disappeared, vanished..."
Cop: "you're under arrest."
Robert Durst as a Jedi.
Old 10-24-15, 03:42 PM
Banned

Max Van Sydow is doing mo-cap for an elderly Jar Jar.
Old 10-24-15, 03:48 PM

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by EctoCooler
The current December record holder is The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey. Even if TFA doubles that amount, it still wouldn't break the all-time opening record. Tall task.
Not really for what is easily becoming the most anticipated movie since, well, The Phantom Menace, and ticket prices have risen dramatically since.
Old 10-24-15, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 90 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Chadm

Spoiler:
MakingStarWars mentioned his character was named Lor San Tekka. It's strongly rumored he's playing the elder of the village that Kylo Ren and the First Order troops raid at the beginning of the movie. Sounds like it's just a cameo role.
Old 10-24-15, 07:18 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

I have a feeling Von Sydow will be Constable Zuvio; a minor throwaway character.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Zuvio
Old 10-24-15, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 63 Posts

I have a buddy who works at a theater in management. I may see if I can slide him a 50 and go in to watch ahead of time while they screen it to make sure everything's working.
Just don't be like this guy

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Dg_0Smmvwbw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.