Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens (2015, Abrams) S: Hamill, Ford, Fisher

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens (2015, Abrams) S: Hamill, Ford, Fisher

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-14, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (2015, D: Abrams) S: Hamill, Ford, Fisher, Serkis, von Syd

Tom Cruise has reportedly met Star Wars director JJ Abrams in London to discuss the possibility of a cameo appearance in Star Wars: Episode VII.
A film insider told The Sun newspaper (£) that: "Tom [Cruise] has been in London for over a week and met up with JJ [Abrams] and some other people from Star Wars over the weekend.
"On Saturday evening five of them met up for dinner and drinks at the Belgravia Hotel. JJ produced Mission Impossible 5 and loves working with Tom whenever he gets the chance.
"Losing Harrison Ford [to a broken leg] is going to set things back a little scheduling wise and there’s some time to play around with."
The film has already been the cause of intense excitement from fans, as Ford is joined by original Star Wars series cast mates Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher and Peter Mayhew.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/s...ameo-role.html
Old 06-24-14, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts
Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (2015, D: Abrams) S: Hamill, Ford, Fisher, Serkis, von Syd

Originally Posted by JumpCutz
Tom Cruise has reportedly met Star Wars director JJ Abrams in London to discuss the possibility of a cameo appearance in Star Wars: Episode VII.
A film insider told The Sun newspaper (£) that: "Tom [Cruise] has been in London for over a week and met up with JJ [Abrams] and some other people from Star Wars over the weekend.
"On Saturday evening five of them met up for dinner and drinks at the Belgravia Hotel. JJ produced Mission Impossible 5 and loves working with Tom whenever he gets the chance.
"Losing Harrison Ford [to a broken leg] is going to set things back a little scheduling wise and there’s some time to play around with."
The film has already been the cause of intense excitement from fans, as Ford is joined by original Star Wars series cast mates Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher and Peter Mayhew.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/s...ameo-role.html
And yet another rumor is that he's in London in preperation for MI5. Per the same paper (The Sun), they might film in the Houses of Parliament. I assume Abrams is a producer on MI5 so it could be they're meeting on the sequel which is probably close to production (in order to meet its 2015 release date).
Old 06-24-14, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'll take Things That Will Never Happen for $200, Alex.
Old 06-24-14, 07:46 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

throw a fake nose, some colored contact lenses, and a woman's pussy on his dick and he'll be virtually unrecognizable!
Old 06-24-14, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,244 Likes on 855 Posts

Tom Cruise as young Han Solo! He'd have to be the second best smuggler in the galaxy (behind Lando).
Old 06-24-14, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Kal-El
I'll take Things That Will Never Happen for $200, Alex.
In this day and age, I'm learning that "never" is a less and less stable term. Plus Abrams worked with him before.
Old 06-24-14, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

They didn't say Maul was the son of a Dathomir witch until the TV Clone Wars and Plagueis book?

I didn't like that since the original Dathomir witches were all human in Courtship of Princess Leia.
Old 06-25-14, 01:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 347 Likes on 247 Posts

Rumor is that Tom Cruise will play a very young Princess Leia thanks to advanced hollywood makeup and some CGI.
Old 06-25-14, 02:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by hanshotfirst1138
Plus Abrams worked with him before.
As I said before, they could very well be meeting to discuss Mission Impossible 5 as that's set to start filming soon.
Old 06-25-14, 06:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 277 Likes on 212 Posts

George Lucas is opening his museum in Chicago, not San Francisco:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/25/us...ef=todayspaper

The big story there is his attractive, younger African-American wife. Who knew? They've been married only a year (Sunday was their 1st anniversary) and they had a baby last August (via surrogate).
Old 06-25-14, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by Ash Ketchum
The big story there is his attractive, younger African-American wife. Who knew? They've been married only a year (Sunday was their 1st anniversary) and they had a baby last August (via surrogate).
The big story is that he has a younger African-American wife? Umm, don't think so. Him getting married got a good amount of coverage when it happened. I would say "who didn't know?" And how is her being African-American relevant at all?
Old 06-25-14, 11:31 AM
Banned

Location: Conducting miss-aisle drills and listening to their rock n roll
Received 168 Likes on 126 Posts

Windom doesn't see race Ash. Don't you understand how much better than you that makes him? Sorry you lost this round. Better luck next time.
Old 06-25-14, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I drove by the Lucas Ranch a couple of years ago out of curiosity. I'm shocked he wouldn't put the museum somewhere in Marin County or on in the Bay Area.
Old 06-25-14, 12:09 PM
Banned

Location: Conducting miss-aisle drills and listening to their rock n roll
Received 168 Likes on 126 Posts

I agree. Chicago is a strange choice. Almost everything the guy has ever done in his whole life has been around the Bay Area. Having it in the Presidio would have been awesome. There's already a Walt Disney museum there as well. Would have complimented each other nicely.
Old 06-25-14, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mabuse
I agree. Chicago is a strange choice. Almost everything the guy has ever done in his whole life has been around the Bay Area. Having it in the Presidio would have been awesome. There's already a Walt Disney museum there as well. Would have complimented each other nicely.
George Lucas and his wife, Chicago native Mellody Hobson
Nuff said.
Old 06-25-14, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts

From this link:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/star-war...or-his-museum/

Meanwhile, Tuesday's news really didn't come as much surprise in San Francisco after a board rejected Lucas' proposal to build the museum near the Crissy Field, a former U.S. Army airfield in the Presidio. The board then offered Lucas a second site near a digital arts center.

"We are very disappointed to see Mr. Lucas go to Chicago," said Sam Singer, a spokesman for the park. "The Presidio Trust turned down his concept for the main location, but we immediately offered him a second locale.

"He never responded back to our generous offer."
So, billionaire doesn't get his way in SF, goes elsewhere. That's how it reads to me.
Old 06-25-14, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by My Other Self
I drove by the Lucas Ranch a couple of years ago out of curiosity. I'm shocked he wouldn't put the museum somewhere in Marin County or on in the Bay Area.
The article said it was his first choice, but he got rejected at one location and decided to have it in Chicago.
Old 06-25-14, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 277 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by windom
The big story is that he has a younger African-American wife? Umm, don't think so. Him getting married got a good amount of coverage when it happened. I would say "who didn't know?" And how is her being African-American relevant at all?
To be honest, I don't follow Lucas much, so I wouldn't have noticed. And, no, it isn't relevant, but when did the Relevance Police start monitoring this forum?

Originally Posted by Mabuse
Windom doesn't see race Ash. Don't you understand how much better than you that makes him? Sorry you lost this round. Better luck next time.
Doesn't see race? Look what he's missing:

I'm actually happy for Mr. Lucas. Seems like he's got a keeper there. She looks happy in that picture. And his moving the thing to Chicago just to make her happy...? He didn't have to do that, but it shows he's not just thinking of himself. I wish him happiness--as long as he doesn't direct any more Star Wars movies.
Old 06-25-14, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lucas had originally envisioned his museum set in Chicago, but only now has the technology become available to make his vision a reality.
Old 06-25-14, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,732 Likes on 1,885 Posts

Originally Posted by joe_b
Mandalorians being heavily featured sounds like fan fiction BS that Latino Review decided to run with, but who knows. Several reports have mentioned the film included armored soliders that resemble the old Ralph McQuarrie concept art for Boba Fett.

The Sith witch concept comes directly from the EU... and later the Clone Wars cartoon. Makes me think it's just fan speculation after Lucasfilm confirmed that the show was part of the new official canon. Still, I think it's long overdue for a female Sith to appear in a Star Wars movie. Hopefully Lupita or Gwendoline will fit that bill.
I don't think the Mandalorians have ever been canonized, have they? The only appearances or mentions of Mandalorians comes from the novels and comics, from what I recall. (I never watched the CGI Clone Wars, so I don't know if they shown or mentioned.) Not sure if that's something that the EU writers came up with, or if it's part of the Lucasfilm backstory.

At any rate, I think that one of the new characters in the Rebels TV series is going to be a Mandalorian, so at least the name that goes with the Boba Fett armor looks to be canon now.

And, unless I'm mistaken, the "Sith Witch" was an early concept for what became the Darth Maul character that the EU took and ran with.
Old 06-25-14, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 741 Likes on 366 Posts

Mandalorians appeared in the Clone Wars cartoon
Old 06-25-14, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Ash Ketchum
George Lucas is opening his museum in Chicago, not San Francisco:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/25/us...ef=todayspaper

Actually, none of that happened. It was revealed that Lucas simply went in and digitally altered photographs of his first family. The originals will never be seen again.
Old 06-25-14, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by antspawn
Rumor is that Tom Cruise will play a very young Princess Leia thanks to advanced hollywood makeup and some CGI.
This just broke on TMZ -- Tom Cruise will be working on the new Star Wars film in a most unusual cameo. Cruise will be working under the tutelage of Andy Szerkis in preparation for his role as a Rancor! That's right, Cruise will be performing as the motion capture model for a new Rancor character who is rumored to be the great-grandson of the Rancor killed in Return of the Jedi.

Sources close to the script writing process have said JJ Abrams will be working in a side-plot involving the Rancor's family seeking revenge on Luke Skywalker.
Old 06-26-14, 03:41 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 93 Likes on 59 Posts

Page Six had a claim (which a Disney rep denied) that Oscars Isaac would be getting an expanded role to help keep the film on schedule after Harrison's injury. Isaac's character was previously described in the trades as being a "Han Solo type" character.

AICN claims that Han is indeed he main character and that he

Spoiler:
will be "leading a galaxy-wide search party for Luke Skywalker." That's pretty much been the rumored thrust of the plot for some time now.
If Ford is really going to be out of commission for six months, I see no way they can stay on schedule without rewrites which allow the other actors to carry the load. If they end up delaying the production, maybe fans who wanted a traditional May release will get their wish after all.

Last edited by joe_b; 06-26-14 at 04:00 AM.
Old 06-26-14, 08:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

The six-month rumor is bogus and all comes from the same report (Jedi News). Ford will be back on set before summer's end (probably late August).

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.