DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens (2015, Abrams) S: Hamill, Ford, Fisher (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/606070-star-wars-episode-vii-force-awakens-2015-abrams-s-hamill-ford-fisher.html)

Rypro 525 01-10-14 05:51 PM

Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (2015, D: Abrams, S: The casts of Star Trek, Lost, Felicit

Todd from Breaking Bad has been "eyed" for a lead role

http://www.thewrap.com/star-wars-epi...s-breaking-bad

TGM 01-10-14 05:55 PM

Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (2015, D: Abrams, S: The casts of Star Trek, Lost, Felicit

so the kid from Mask is going to be one of the Skywalker kids? jfc.

Michael Corvin 01-10-14 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by TGM (Post 11973349)
so the kid from Mask is going to be one of the Skywalker kids? jfc.

ouch.

GatorDeb 01-10-14 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Rypro 525 (Post 11973338)
Todd from Breaking Bad has been "eyed" for a lead role

http://www.thewrap.com/star-wars-epi...s-breaking-bad

Awesome, I love Meth Damon.

Drexl 01-10-14 06:50 PM

Meh, I find him kind of a bland actor. I'd rather have Aaron Paul.

(Bitch.)

Michael Corvin 01-10-14 10:29 PM

Fuck yes on Aaron Paul.

I wonder if casting this is difficult because of how the prequels tarnished the series.

stvn1974 01-10-14 10:35 PM

Agent to actor: You have an audition for the new Star Wars that takes place after the terrible prequels and shitty special editions and is being directed by the guy who ruined Star Trek.

Supermallet 01-10-14 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by stvn1974 (Post 11973560)
Agent to actor: You have an audition for the new Star Wars that takes place after the terrible prequels and shitty special editions and is being directed by the guy who <s>ruined</s> saved Star Trek.

hanshotfirst1138 01-10-14 11:08 PM

I seriously doubt anyone would say no to being cast in a Star Wars movie, I can't imagine something that would look that good on a resume.

stvn1974 01-10-14 11:11 PM

Yeah, Hayden Christiansen is a huge star now because of Star Wars.

Rypro 525 01-10-14 11:24 PM

I wonder, are they actually going to build sets this time, or will they try to keep the tone of the prequels (& some shots of the OT SE') w an all CGI world

taffer 01-10-14 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by stvn1974 (Post 11973560)
Agent to actor: You have an audition for the new Star Wars that takes place after the terrible prequels and shitty special editions and is being directed by the guy who ruined Star Trek.

How did Abrams ruin Star Trek? The Star Trek franchise was already dead after those last two shitty TNG movies and Enterprise TV show. So how do you ruin something that's already dead in the water?

Abrams revived interest in the franchise much like Nolan did with the Batman franchise after those shitty Schumacher movies. You may not like Abrams or Nolan, but they didn't ruin anything.

Originally Posted by hanshotfirst1138 (Post 11973582)
I seriously doubt anyone would say no to being cast in a Star Wars movie, I can't imagine something that would look that good on a resume.

Not just for the resume, but also for the big $$$. Turning down a role in Star Wars is like flushing money down the toilet.

The Cow 01-10-14 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by stvn1974 (Post 11973586)
Yeah, Hayden Christiansen is a huge star now because of Star Wars.

He has a net worth of $17 million. He's doing okay.

CharlieK 01-11-14 09:18 AM

I'm already dreading the BB / SW crossover internet memes.

resinrats 01-11-14 11:56 AM

The one who knocks, I am.

Ranger 01-11-14 12:36 PM

The new Rebels tv show would be a good place to do the Boba Fett "movie".

Solid Snake 01-11-14 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Rypro 525 (Post 11973592)
I wonder, are they actually going to build sets this time, or will they try to keep the tone of the prequels (& some shots of the OT SE') w an all CGI world

Abrams has said sets. I think he said that like in November.

majorjoe23 01-11-14 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by CharlieK (Post 11973775)
I'm already dreading the BB / SW crossover internet memes.

They were already happening

http://www.geekosystem.com/wp-conten...ss-521x768.jpg

Double_Oh_7 01-11-14 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by The Cow (Post 11973595)
He has a net worth of $17 million. He's doing okay.

Are you his accountant or something?

Ranger 01-11-14 10:30 PM

Some more rumors.

As production gets closer and closer for the upcoming Star Wars: Episode VII, potential casting and plot details will become even more plentiful than they were last year. Yesterday brought the story that "Breaking Bad" star Jesse Plemmons is potentially in talks for a role in the film and now a new story on The Hollywood Reporter points to even more names, specifically Michael Fassbender, "Girls" star Adam Driver and Hugo Weaving. Nothing is set in stone, just like the countless other casting rumors for the highly anticipated film, but Fassbender and Driver could fit the profile for the "military officer" role revealed a few months ago.

The site also points to some new story details for the film, citing Michael Arndt's departure from the film being over a dispute on the film's focus. They note that the original draft of the script would have focused on the offspring of Han Solo, Princess Leia, and Luke Skywalker, with the original cast taking on supporting roles. Now it appears that director J.J. Abrams wants to make Luke, Leia, and Han the focus of the films, giving fans a proper "send off" for the characters before their offspring becoming the focus of future sequels in the franchise.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...tails-revealed
I'd be surprised if the big three are going to be the focus of the next three movies. It'd be kind of cool to see Jedi grandmaster Luke fight a bunch of Sith lords and the Falcon zoom around Coruscant.

resinrats 01-11-14 11:02 PM

It sounds good. Have Ep7 more focus on Luke/Leia/Han and introduce their kids. Then in Ep 8-9, the kids become withe focus and Luke/Leia/Han take lesser roles.

taffer 01-11-14 11:09 PM

Now it appears that director J.J. Abrams wants to make Luke, Leia, and Han the focus of the films, giving fans a proper "send off" for the characters before their offspring becoming the focus of future sequels in the franchise.
Maybe I'm not reading it right, but that sounds like Luke, Leia, and Han would be the focus of VII-IX, and then we would get another sequel trilogy X-XII with their kids? I thought the end of ROTJ was a good "send off" for them anyway. :shrug:

duff beer 01-12-14 12:02 AM

I'm getting a Lethal Weapon vibe from this where the more they show the characters the more we get to see them in fuzzy family type surroundings. Can't wait for Luke to awkwardly babysit Han and Leia's kids in a scene!

joe_b 01-12-14 08:07 AM

Apparently, Ardnt and Lucas were on the same page with regards to focusing on the new generation characters. The report mentions George "acquiesced" to Abrams and Kennedy's wishes when they decided to have Luke, Han and Leia be the main focus of Episode VII.

On the subject of casting: Weaving and Fassbender are quality actors, but their names don't get me the least bit excited in connection to this movie. It feels like fan casting... especially since THR mentions the role Weaving is up for is an Imperial commander. I can only hope they go with some fresh blood who haven't done projects like this before. I'm now expecting to hear that Nathan Fillion and Ian McKellen have already taken meetings with Abrams. :boring:

And another interesting tidbit was mentioned in the THR article:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...-who-is-669997

The latest bit to surface this week is that Abrams and Lucasfilm are now searching for a 20-something female actress who is either mixed race or black. The rumor is that Obi-Wan Kenobi had a daughter or granddaughter.
I'm calling BS on that one right now. If not... :|

hanshotfirst1138 01-12-14 08:41 AM

If Lucas has no creative input, it shouldn't matter what he does or doesn't "acquiesce" to.