Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Arnold Schwarzenegger Returning for King Conan: The Legend of Conan

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Arnold Schwarzenegger Returning for King Conan: The Legend of Conan

Old 07-07-03, 03:06 AM
Banned

Wait a sec, does that mean the wizard Akiro leaves the princess?

...well, I guess he eventually would since he's the record keeper for Conan.

Destroyer wasn't awful, it was just pointless. It was like an expansion pack for some D&D game. I thought Grace jones was actually kinda cool and entertaining unlike the new crap excuse for a thief. I remember breathing a sigh of relief when I found out his name wasn't Subotai.

I'm not sure what happened to the original thief but I guess they'll try explain in King Conan.
Old 07-07-03, 12:47 PM

Originally posted by DeputyDave
Red Sonja was a character created by Robert E. Howard and appeared in at least one of his Conan books.
Not exactly true. Howard created a character called Red Sonya who appeared in one short story he wrote which had nothing to do with Conan. When Roy Thomas was writing the Conan comic book he adapted that short story and transformed it into a Conan tale. The Red Sonja who appears in the "Conan universe" springs from those Marvel comics.
Old 07-07-03, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I really just hope that the Wachowskis use their power to get the film made and leave Milius the f&#%$ alone. We don't need to see their 'high concept' film aesthetic at work. A Conan film should be raw, violent, meditative and epic--as un-MTV as possible.
Old 07-07-03, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Maybe after the remake T3 (and T4) and Conan, they go back a do a remake of Hercules in New York. Now I would pay big money to see that.
Old 07-07-03, 07:13 PM
TCG
DVD Talk Special Edition

^^
One can only hope.

Originally posted by Robert
Now that the Wachowskis are involved, does this mean we'll see Conan dancing in a Rave scene?
Aaah, of course, how could their possibly be a Wachowski mention without the rave scene? That'd be like mentioning George Lucas without writing Luca$$.

Anyway, I would love to see a third Conan. And I really liked The Destroyer. Wilt made Arnie seem like an Oscar winner. But seriously, I did enjoy it. It has an INCREDIBLE soundtrack. But of course the original is better. We can only hope that Milius is involved. And I do think the Wachowskis would make a Conan in line with the first one. They really seem to pay attention to details and to the 'culture' of a movie. If these 3, plus Arnold are involved, I would have very high hopes and expectations for Conan 3.

If this is true, I cant wait!
Old 07-07-03, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I sure hope a new Conan movie is made, as long as John Milius writes and directs, and Basil Poledouris does the music.
Old 07-07-03, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

For some reason I've always liked Destroyer better than the 1st. Its probably because I watched Destroyer first and at a very early age.
Old 07-08-03, 11:42 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

King Conan? Who is doing King Kong?

Old 07-09-03, 11:06 AM
Cool New Member

Man! I cannot wait for this!

[crazy]

I will freak out if I ever here Basil's theme in theater surround.

Imagine the teaser trailer, I hope they do it as well as T2's.

I can just hear Mako's voice with the outline of Conan sitting on his throne.

It IS a time of HIGH ADVENTURE!

I will stand on my seat for sure and dance while yelling CROM!!

[/crazy]
Old 07-09-03, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

As long as it's not PG-13 as was discussed earlier.
Old 08-07-03, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

CtD wasnt as good as CtB, but I still really liked it... the princess chick in there was smokin.

j
Old 08-07-03, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

King Governor Conan!
Old 08-08-03, 03:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

as Cavuto says, Conan the candidate
Old 08-08-03, 03:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

"Dont worry Conan, it happens to lots of guys."

-Excerpt from Conan the King script.
Old 08-08-03, 09:54 AM

Originally posted by danol
Yeah but according to the myth Conan became a king on a troubled brow, sounds like a real bore of a film. Arnie is a bit older than when he played Conan.
The King Conan (and then Conan the King) comics were pretty good. I think this one will end up more Scorpian King than Lord of the Rings though.

Give me a Solomon Kane movie!
Old 08-08-03, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by Scot1458
Yes to Conan, Yes to Arnold, Yes to Milus, a big NO to the Wachowskis....they are a one hit wonder and will #$%^ up this film.

I count two, Matrix and Bound.
Old 08-08-03, 03:55 PM
Cool New Member

Crom!

I think Arnie should place the script of King Conan apon a pile of twigs and light it like he did his queen.

I don't think this movie will be made, and it is a shame. I think this is the only decent flick Awnold had left in him.

Man, this whole govenor thing has got me a little down. Its a good thing The Running Man SE is coming!

Hey LIGHTHEAD, hey Christmas TREE!

- Daniel
Old 10-15-03, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

No Arnold for King Conan so enter Triple H?!

Posted at Dark Horizons.com
Does anyone have a pic of triple H? I don't know who he is...

King Conan: Crown of Iron: Arnie is busy playing Governor which makes one wonder two things. First up with him and Jesse Ventura now holding office, when's the rest of the "Predator" cast going into politics (Carl Weathers for President). The other of course is what's the fate of his pending sequels. T4 looks to be going ahead without him, now it seems Conan 3 might to according to The Arnold Fans. Speaking with reps for Director John Milius, they found out some interesting information: "There are no hard feelings. Although Arnold needed to walk away from the project, Milius understands Arnold's decision...one hour after Arnold announced his decision to run on the Jay Leno Show, Arnold phoned Milius and said he was sorry that King Conan would not happen. Once again, Milius was invited over to the Schwarzenegger's for dinner. Despite the project collapsing, the two remain good friends. So now Milius needs to find a replacement. I asked about Ralf Moeller, TV's Conan. Apparently they like the guy for his size but instead think the wrestler “Triple H” MIGHT be a better and grittier fit. They also like his acting and believe he is the perfect age to show the transition from a younger Conan (flashbacks) and could also play the gray-bearded Conan. Milius and Triple H are getting along great already. The two are working on a new kick-ass action movie called "Journey of the Deadman". Milius is anxious to get the project going again and to continue the Conan mythology of kings, wizards and women of the finest stalk. He wants to film in Turkey and Ron Cobb and Basil Poledouris are anxious also to return". Milius himself is expected to comment on the film on radio later today. Thanks to 'Ulf' & 'ABKing'.
Jason
Old 10-15-03, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
1..2.. this on?

will this lead to a Scorpian King Vs Conan Wrestlemania match?

Last edited by Jackskeleton; 10-15-03 at 11:00 PM.
Old 10-15-03, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ralph.
Old 10-15-03, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Not gonna listen to anybody tell me who or what to be.

Since The rock throws in the Peoples elbow and the rock bottom in his movies, can we see Conan do a pedagree and spit out the water.
Old 10-15-03, 11:51 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

God am i glad i'm not a Conan fan.
Old 10-16-03, 12:15 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
I agree with JJE...i'll stick with the first two.

Here's a pic of HHH

Old 10-16-03, 12:16 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

TIME TO PLAY THE GAME
Old 10-16-03, 12:20 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

I dunno. I think he would make a decent conan.

In his glory days he looked reaalllly god damn ripped.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.