Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Entourage: The Movie (2015, Ellin) S: Piven, Grenier, Connolly, Dillon, Ferrara

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Entourage: The Movie (2015, Ellin) S: Piven, Grenier, Connolly, Dillon, Ferrara

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-13, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 843 Likes on 589 Posts
re: Entourage: The Movie (2015, Ellin) S: Piven, Grenier, Connolly, Dillon, Ferrara)

Is there anyone in the cast who can afford to be greedy? I'm sure they made a decent chunk of change on the show, but I don't think any of the actors have anything substantial going on in their career post-Entourage.

I bet Dillon is the one being greedy... and has taken advice from Andrew Dice Clay.
Old 10-21-13, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts
re: Entourage: The Movie (2015, Ellin) S: Piven, Grenier, Connolly, Dillon, Ferrara)

It's gotta be Piven. No way any of the other guys are pulling more than him. Just cause a contract is already in place doesn't mean he can't be the guilty one.
Old 10-22-13, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,174 Likes on 4,203 Posts

I heard Kevin Connolly on ESPN radio yesterday. He's directed a film for ESPN's 30 For 30 series that airs tonight called The Big Shot (it sounds pretty interesting BTW).
He talked about that "100% happening" comment mentioned above. He clarified that was TMZ talking to him while he was on the phone and distracted. He said he still thinks it's happening eventually, but there are no firm plans or timetables yet.
Old 10-22-13, 06:51 PM

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

I don't see this potential movie doing well, but neither will the Veronica Mars movie.

While I loved the show, it suffered from too many seasons, and lack of focus. That seems to happen to a lot of comedies in general. When was the last time a comedy left on a high (just talking about American comedies)? Still, I'd take a "bad" season of Entourage over most comedies.
Old 10-22-13, 07:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Piven is doing Mr. Selfridge for ITV (British show), and it got picked up for a second season. He definitely seems to be the one who could potentially hold things up.
Old 10-22-13, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 398 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by Brack
When was the last time a comedy left on a high (just talking about American comedies)?
off the top of my head:

Cheers
Seinfeld
Frasier
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Arrested Development
Home Movies
Mr Show
30 Rock
Futurama
Old 10-23-13, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,174 Likes on 4,203 Posts

Originally Posted by Chadm
off the top of my head:

Arrested Development
Clearly, you don't have Netflix.
Old 10-23-13, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 273 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
It's gotta be Piven. No way any of the other guys are pulling more than him. Just cause a contract is already in place doesn't mean he can't be the guilty one.
Looks like he is indeed being paid the most and some of the others (at least Adrien I'm guessing) want equal pay:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...ven-pay-650258
Old 10-23-13, 02:25 PM

Received 4,558 Likes on 3,093 Posts

I don't see why they all can't be compensated with a back end percentage. It will make money.
Old 10-23-13, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 381 Likes on 306 Posts

Don't they all kinda need the money and should take what they can get? I've yet to see any of their names attached to jack squat aside from Connelly's 30 for 30 last night on ESPN.
Old 10-23-13, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by bluetoast
Looks like he is indeed being paid the most and some of the others (at least Adrien I'm guessing) want equal pay:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...ven-pay-650258
There's no reason he should be making more. It's an ensemble. Sure in the first year or two his portrayal of Ari drew in viewers but by the end it was the group that was the appeal. Kinda similar to Friends where Courtney Cox started out above everyone else because she was a 'name' while everyone else was unknown but quickly became clear it was an ensemble.

So there appear to be three options:
1) beg WB for more money to properly compensate the 'ensemble'
2) Piven takes a pay cut to benefit the ensemble
3) Piven holds out and takes 100% of the back end of nothing.

Whatever the case, it doesn't sound like a fun working environment once all this gets ironed out.
Old 10-23-13, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Plus what about Scott Caan? He really added something to the show in the last few seasons.
Old 10-24-13, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I cut Kevin Dillon's hair a couple weeks ago. He said the script is good, and they're just waiting for everyone to get on board.
Old 10-24-13, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I hope that bring that hottie spinner back that E was dating after Sloan.
Old 10-24-13, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts

Piven is the most famous and successful one out of the group. Why shouldn't he get more money? This isn't some below the line scale gig.
Old 10-28-13, 08:14 PM

Vinnie Chase and his posse are coming back to Hollywood. “It’s a go. love you all,” tweeted director Doug Ellin today of the Entourage movie. Deals for Adrian Grenier, Kevin Dillon, Jerry Ferrara and Kevin Connolly have been reached, sources say. Working with Warner Bros, producers Mark Wahlberg and Steve Levinson stepped in to close the offers this weekend. Details are sketchy on who exactly gets what but all four actors are now getting some of the $30 million budgeted movie’s backend. Even though my colleague Mike Fleming Jr broke the story back in in January that an Entourage movie had the green light from Warner Bros, this all started when Jeremy Piven closed his deal for the pic around the end of August with part of the backend. The other cast members started wanting a bit of that profit participation pie too. The ripple effect was that Grenier, Dillon, Ferrara and, to a lesser degree, Connolly held out for what they hoped would be a big payoff down the line. Despite all this drama, the film was actually never scheduled to start filming until around January when Piven is on break from his ITV/PBS series Mr. Selfridge. On top of the dispute among the actors and the producers, WB was adamant that the budget for Entourage the movie stay at $30 million and would not go ahead if the pic doesn’t meet the mid-January deadline to remain eligible for the 20% tax credit it got from California Film Commission program earlier this year. But that’s all water under the deal making bridge now.
Old 10-29-13, 02:24 AM

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Chadm
off the top of my head:

Cheers
Seinfeld
Frasier
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Arrested Development
Home Movies
Mr Show
30 Rock
Futurama
The only ones that left on a high out of those groups were canceled (the ones that get resurrected don't really count).

Cheers, Seinfeld, Frasier, etc were not nearly as good as they were in their earlier seasons.

Curb Your Enthusiasm isn't finished either.
Old 10-29-13, 06:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Even though Cheers' may have been better earlier, it did go out on a high note with that finale. The show itself never declined precipitously either.
Old 10-29-13, 08:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

A $30M budget for 4-5 guys sitting around, smoking doobs and hitting on chicks at a swanky hollywood pool party???
Old 10-29-13, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey, hot chicks and fake booze & weed don't come cheap!
Old 11-11-13, 09:18 PM

Kate Upton is being eyed for the female lead in the “Entourage” movie, multiple individuals familiar with the Warner Bros. project have told TheWrap.

Though Upton has not been formally offered the role yet, she is in early discussions to join the cast, according to sources. While a representative for the swimsuit model-turned-actress has denied that any such talks are under way, they acknowledge that there was interest in Upton for the project earlier this year.

Warner Bros. had no comment.

After heated contract negotiations, Adrian Grenier, Kevin Connolly, Kevin Dillon, Jerry Ferrara and Jeremy Piven have all agreed to reprise their iconic roles from the HBO series in the Doug Ellin-directed feature, which is expected to highlight Ari Gold’s new career as a studio head.

Details of Upton’s potential role are being kept under wraps, though she could be playing the latest love interest of movie star Vincent Chase (Grenier), who always had a thing for curvy blondes.

Production is scheduled to start early next year.

Upton, who appeared in Brett Ratner’s “Tower Heist” and “The Three Stooges” movie, will soon be seen alongside Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau in Nick Cassavetes’ comedy “The Other Woman.” She’s represented by IFA Talent Agency.
A love interest for Vince? So that lame bullshit of an ending we got with him going off to get married was for nothing? Fuck off.
Old 11-11-13, 09:48 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

Damn, a bit quick to judge? There's so many possible storylines they can include her in - maybe she's starring alongside him in another movie leading to a love triangle, or an agent, etc. I was already interested in this, but adding her in is just another plus. It doesn't seem to make sense that they would say she's the latest love without factoring the end of the show. I doubt they'd ignore all that.
Old 11-11-13, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Kate Upton and Emmanuelle Chriqui in the same movie?
Old 11-12-13, 06:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dex14
A love interest for Vince? So that lame bullshit of an ending we got with him going off to get married was for nothing? Fuck off.
Given how utterly horribly managed that ending was, a film spent atoning for that nonsense doesn't sound like a bad idea.
Old 11-20-13, 04:05 PM

Warner Bros.’ “Entourage” movie will start shooting on Jan. 16 in Los Angeles.

The show’s creator, Doug Ellin, tweeted a photo of the eight cast members — including Jeremy Piven and Adrian Grenier — with a caption saying, “January 16 start date. Getting pumped.”

The show ended its eight-season run in Sept. 2011. The series finale, watched by 2.6 million viewers, concluded with a cliffhanger to set up the movie.

Ellin is on board to direct the film. The movie was chosen as one of the 31 productions selected in June to receive California’s Film and Television Tax Credit.

A spokeswoman for the California Film Commission, which administers the credit, said, “This project is still on the approved list and will be shooting within the 180 day deadline for the start of principal photography.”

Last edited by dex14; 11-20-13 at 04:16 PM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.