Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Entourage: The Movie (2015, Ellin) S: Piven, Grenier, Connolly, Dillon, Ferrara

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Entourage: The Movie (2015, Ellin) S: Piven, Grenier, Connolly, Dillon, Ferrara

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-15, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 424 Likes on 305 Posts
Re: Entourage: The Movie (2015, Ellin) S: Piven, Grenier, Connolly, Dillon, Ferrara

Originally Posted by bluetoast
If so, lay it on Jerrmy Piven as well.
Why would I do that? I only wish I could be as cool as Ari Gold, and get away with it in real life.
Old 06-08-15, 01:27 PM

Received 4,581 Likes on 3,101 Posts
Re: Entourage: The Movie (2015, Ellin) S: Piven, Grenier, Connolly, Dillon, Ferrara

I was expecting huge numbers, but I'm a bit surprised this couldn't make back atleast the 30mil budget during the first 5 days. Oh well... I guess there won't be anymore movies.
Old 06-08-15, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts

I imagine it'll fall off fast too. I was kind of indifferent to the movie, my buddy is a huge Entourage fan and thought it flat out sucked.
Old 06-08-15, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 398 Likes on 266 Posts

I would have rather this been a 6 episode run on HBO. The movie was good but I dunno, not great.
Old 06-08-15, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

Just going to wait for it to come to HBO at this point. Reviews are terrible.
Old 06-08-15, 10:04 PM

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

I liked Osment in this and that flick he's in on Netflix streaming right now, called Sex Ed.

Last edited by Brack; 06-08-15 at 10:19 PM.
Old 06-09-15, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

My wife and I saw this yesterday and we both enjoyed it. I can see some of the lower reviews though with people that have not seen the TV series. It don't hold up well as a stand alone movie if you are not familiar with the characters that have been built up over the years. One minor thing stood out to me early on though
Spoiler:
Why did Vinnie what to direct this movie when he didn't know anything about it? I thought the whole point of being a director was to direct a project you are passionate about. Especially his directorial debut, if it would have failed, he probably wouldn't have been given the opportunity to direct something like that ever again. And he was always fairly picky about his movie roles and wouldn't usually take something just to take it, so I was a little surprised him wanting to direct something he knew nothing about.
But other than that, it was good. I already have the series on Blu Ray and look forward to adding the movie to that collection.
Old 06-09-15, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Directing a passion project as your first job is a mistake. That's how we end up with movies like Lost River, and I'm pretty sure Gosling won't be getting any calls for any major directing gigs anytime soon. I missed the pre-credits sequence so I can't really say for sure what may or may not have been said.
Old 06-09-15, 12:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really enjoyed it. There's really no need for reviews for this one, it's basically... if you enjoyed the show, you'll enjoy the movie. If you hated the show, you'll hate the movie. It doesn't try to reinvent anything. It goes back to the seasons 1-5 vibe, and it's very successful in that respect. VICTORY!
Old 06-09-15, 12:58 PM

Received 4,581 Likes on 3,101 Posts

^^^ Agreed.
Old 06-09-15, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I enjoyed the show and pretty much hated the movie. It's basically Season 9 with bad writing and a razor thin plot, which is exactly what Season 8 was. There's no point for this movie to exist because nothing happens. And Haley Joel Osment is in it. I would not even recommend renting this even out of curiosity. Poltergeist is the worst movie I've seen this year and this is a very, very close second. It's really a lazy, sloppy effort of a movie that you can tell was just quickly thrown together and flooded with lame cameos. Turtle is there for the birth of Sloan's baby, but her father isn't? Huh?

They really should have just ended everything in Season 6.
Old 06-09-15, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by RichC2
Directing a passion project as your first job is a mistake. That's how we end up with movies like Lost River, and I'm pretty sure Gosling won't be getting any calls for any major directing gigs anytime soon. I missed the pre-credits sequence so I can't really say for sure what may or may not have been said.
But by that same token, starting off with a $100 Million movie full of special effects and also being the star isn't the safest way to launch a career either (and would rarely, if ever, happen anyway).
Old 06-09-15, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by bluetoast
But by that same token, starting off with a $100 Million movie full of special effects and also being the star isn't the best way to start either (and would rarely, if ever, happen anyway), and can also derail a career.
true, although first time movie directors getting $170m budgets seems to be the thing these days. (TRON Legacy, Snow White and the Huntsman.. both of which were successful, and then 47 Ronin which was not.)

Last edited by RichC2; 06-09-15 at 01:41 PM.
Old 06-25-16, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

Finally caught this on HBO. I think the only people screaming for an Entourage movie were the ones MAKING an Entourage movie. Totally forgettable.
Old 06-25-16, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Double_Oh_7
Finally caught this on HBO. I think the only people screaming for an Entourage movie were the ones MAKING an Entourage movie. Totally forgettable.
My buddy is a huge Entourage fan and was anticipating this movie, and then hated the hell out of it. Heh.
Old 06-25-16, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Originally Posted by Double_Oh_7
I bought it on sale at some point months ago and still haven't watched it. I'd much rather have a short season.

And since this has been bumped Adrian Grenier was in town for the Kentucky Derby last month. One of the local radio hosts wanted to talk to him which he seemed fine with... he was met with a "I'll talk about anything you want... except Entourage." You've had exactly one successful role, let's be a douche about it. So the radio host brushed him off. Plenty of other people to chat with.
Old 06-25-16, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 207 Posts

I saw it last year, but then saw most of it again on HBO Go today. It's cool for extra shit with the gang. Scott Caan should have been in it though.
Old 06-25-16, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,192 Likes on 918 Posts

The film is better than the last couple of seasons.
Old 08-21-16, 12:15 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Finally got around to watching this. As a huge fan of the show, it delivered where the final two seasons couldn't. It was fun and light hearted. Total fan service, so no surprise it bombed.

I loved that they actually advanced Vince's career into directing. Seems like a natural progression. I really enjoyed all the b-stories as well for the most part. Eric & Sloan getting back together and having a kid was enough b-story that E didn't need another plot thread. So the story with the two girls kinda fell flat. Also, I like the Lloyd character but he was totally shoehorned into this. His plot would have worked better spread out over a season.

Those are excusable though, gotta pad the film out a bit. The only real issue I had is the abrupt ending. It's almost like they cut 15 minutes of film out. It goes from Ari getting fired(did Dana take over?), Billy Bob spending more money up in the air, editing (is it Vinny's cut?) etc. to the red carpet where it's a $400m movie and up for awards.

The deleted scenes are fun. One of which kinda rectifies one of my minor gripes above.

Originally Posted by Matto1020
It was great seeing an updated version of the TV Show intro, however it looked a lot cheaper and less slick than the opening of the show. Maybe because almost all of it was shot in daylight instead of night with all the big bright lights. Again minor.
I thought the opening titles was a huge improvement. Despite it being during the daytime, it looks a helluva lot better than the show. I design signs for a living like the ones shown in both intros. The signs in the show intro has always bugged me with how cheap and unrealistic they look. Whomever did the movie intro did their homework. The signs looked much more realistic.
Old 08-21-16, 12:18 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,192 Likes on 918 Posts

I still like the movie over the last two seasons. By far.