DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Dirty Laundry (Fan made Punisher short film) - Thomas Jane, Ron Perlman (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/603257-dirty-laundry-fan-made-punisher-short-film-thomas-jane-ron-perlman.html)

MaximumPower 07-16-12 07:07 AM

Dirty Laundry (Fan made Punisher short film) - Thomas Jane, Ron Perlman

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bWpK0wsnitc?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bWpK0wsnitc?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

If this is Thomas Jane's way of telling Marvel Studios to consider him for another Punisher movie, then sign me up!

stingermck 07-16-12 08:22 AM

Re: Dirty Laundry (Fan made Punisher short film) - Thomas Jane, Ron Perlman

Jesus Christ. Jane is my favorite Punisher of the 3, and I wish he could have been in Warzone. Marvel has the rights now from Lionsgate, and the man has clear passion for the character. Make it happen Marvel!

mrhan 07-16-12 09:01 AM

Damn. He needs to make another Punisher movie. That was a good short.

anomynous 07-16-12 10:34 AM

Better than all of the Punisher movies combined.

stingermck 07-16-12 10:51 AM

This is really making the rounds today. Saw it on IMDB, Kotaku and some others. As Kotaku said, more people have already seen it than Warzone :lol:

GoldenJCJ 07-16-12 10:57 AM

pssh, some short. He put his dirty laundry in the dryer. ;)

After seeing that I'd be down for another Jane Punisher movie.

SuckaMC 07-16-12 12:20 PM

That was cool. Jane is definitely a genre fan.

MaximumPower 07-16-12 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by stingermck (Post 11309365)
This is really making the rounds today. Saw it on IMDB, Kotaku and some others. As Kotaku said, more people have already seen it than Warzone :lol:

Yeah it seems like word is starting to spread. Hopefully something good comes out of this for Thomas Jane. He should be in more movies.

Pizza 07-16-12 12:45 PM

Well made but nothing special. Jane's just ok as Punisher.

The Valeyard 07-16-12 01:47 PM

Jane captured who Frank Castle was more than any other actor. His Punisher film was MEH overall tho. He deserved another shot as the character.

This short is a nice way to grab attention.

PenguinJoe 07-16-12 01:59 PM

That was cool, better than both the Punisher movies combined.

COACH2369 07-16-12 03:24 PM

Guess they borrowed the music from the bank robbery at the beginning of "The Dark Knight".. lol

IstvanTheHun 07-16-12 04:02 PM

Tom Jane was the best Punisher by far!

how does a fanboy making a short fan-film get these actors to participate? must have a ton of $$$$?

FRwL 07-16-12 04:32 PM

I hope this heralds the age of fan made movies with actual stars.

bluetoast 07-16-12 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by IstvanTheHun (Post 11309855)
Tom Jane was the best Punisher by far!

how does a fanboy making a short fan-film get these actors to participate? must have a ton of $$$$?

He's probably someone in the industry using it as a calling card, like Sandy Corolla with Batman Dead End, or the guy who did that Mortal Kombat short (which landed him the gig of doing some official stuff).

Why So Blu? 07-16-12 04:50 PM

Wow, this was pretty fucking cool!

Rypro 525 07-16-12 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by bluetoast (Post 11309919)
He's probably someone in the industry using it as a calling card, like Sandy Corolla with Batman Dead End, or the guy who did that Mortal Kombat short (which landed him the gig of doing some official stuff).

it landed him the gig of directing the Glee Concert movie

My Other Self 07-16-12 10:18 PM

That was pretty awesome. I'd gladly welcome Jane back. I don't know if the character could sustain another reboot, though.

Maybe they'll commission more shorts like this.

The Valeyard 07-16-12 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by bluetoast (Post 11309919)

The director of this short was Phil Joanou (Gridiron Gang, U2: Rattle and Hum & Three O'Clock High). Maybe he's the one auditioning for Marvel?

Boba Fett 07-17-12 02:10 AM

It's a known fact Jane is a huge Punisher fanboy himself; the guy stayed in shape for two years waiting for Lionsgate to get their act together and rejected a few of the scripts; he eventually threw in the towel and we got Warzone. He didn't want goofy and over-the-top; he wanted grounded and brutal, picking up where the first left off.

It's also worth noting the shirt design is brand new from Tim Bradstreet who used to do almost all the Ennis Punisher comic covers.

stingermck 07-17-12 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by mcfly (Post 11310320)
That was pretty awesome. I'd gladly welcome Jane back. I don't know if the character could sustain another reboot, though.

Maybe they'll commission more shorts like this.

Just do a direct sequel to Punisher, and forget Warzone. Hell the character in the comics has endured worse after becoming an angel and Frankenstein.

RocShemp 07-17-12 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by stingermck (Post 11310542)
Just do a direct sequel to Punisher, and forget Warzone. Hell the character in the comics has endured worse after becoming an angel and Frankenstein.

That's the only logical step.

I knew about the angel bullcrap but I never knew they Frankenstein'ed him.

Meglos 07-17-12 08:02 AM

http://i.imgur.com/Ii33R.jpg

He was sliced to pieces by Daken (Wolverine's son). This is what he looked like when he was put back together (by the Mole Man, I think). He's back to being a human fortunately.

Jules Winfield 07-17-12 08:21 AM

Wasn't the Punisher also black at one point? Kind of like the movie Soul Man. I forget why. He had to team up with Luke Cage because you know, he was black also.

P.S.-Thought the short was alright. I'm apparently the only one who enjoyed War Zone.:(

RocShemp 07-17-12 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Meglos (Post 11310599)
http://i.imgur.com/Ii33R.jpg

He was sliced to pieces by Daken (Wolverine's son). This is what he looked like when he was put back together (by the Mole Man, I think). He's back to being a human fortunately.

Dear Ghandi! And I thought Spider-Man had it bad when it came to shitty story arcs! -ohbfrank-

Originally Posted by Jules Winfield (Post 11310616)
Wasn't the Punisher also black at one point? Kind of like the movie Soul Man. I forget why. He had to team up with Luke Cage because you know, he was black also.

Yeah, I remember that (although I don't recall the teamup with Luke Cage). I think it was surgery and he faked his death or something. I dunno. I just recall that it was stupid and I think it stayed that way for quite awhile until he somehow changed back (another surgery?).

Originally Posted by Jules Winfield (Post 11310616)
P.S.-Thought the short was alright. I'm apparently the only one who enjoyed War Zone.:(

There are plenty here that love War Zone. I'm not among them but I do know that you are far from alone. In fact, I think most members of this forum prefer War Zone overall.