Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Nitro Circus the Movie (3D)

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-12, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero - 2023 TOTY Award Winner

Received 2,174 Likes on 1,223 Posts

Yeah, so if you have never seen the show, this is basically Jackass but with "professional" stunt guys doing rather insane choreographed stunts.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QnjWfBAI-PE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 07-02-12, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
Re: Nitro Circus the Movie (3D)

Been waiting a couple years for this. The tv show was one of the craziest things ever aired, it was extreme sports executed with the jackass mentality.
Old 07-02-12, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

It was weird how the show aired for 2 seasons (I think) and then just disappeared. There were enough cast of characters that they could've continued doing it without Pastrana. I loved the show, so I'll see it. Probably not in a theater, though.
Old 08-10-12, 02:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I caught this tonight with my friend out of sheer boredom. I have never seen the show.

That being said, this flick was amazingly entertaining. The 3D was used awesomely (the opening sequence alone may be one of the coolest uses of 3D camera work I've seen on the screen).

We had a blast. It's more than just vignettes...it's more of a story about how they got to the live show at the MGM in Vegas.

Really awesome stunts. Some of that stuff was just bananas. I'm going to look up the show now.
Old 08-10-12, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw it last night with my wife as she's a fan of the show. I have never seen the show nor do I have any want to after what I witnessed.

Nitro Circus contains some of the best 3D that has been shot to date, but it's wasted on one of the most boring films I've ever experienced. The crew that makes up the Circus all have zero personality. It honestly felt like I was watching 80-minutes of random jerkoffs do extreme stunts while I could not give a single fuck.

You know why the Jackass films work so well?
  1. You actually care about the crew because they all have personalities.
  2. The films are done rapid-fire. No more than five-minutes are spent on a stunt before they move on to the next one.
During Nitro Circus, we could spend upwards of ten-to-fifteen minutes of the crew trying to perfect a stunt and it gets old super quickly. I don't care how many times it takes you to do a loop on a tricycle; just do the stunt and move on. Again, it doesn't help that the crew has less of a personality than my last bowel movement.

It also didn't help that the audience, at a 10:05pm showing on a Thursday, was full of fuckin' mouth breathing, inbred, redneck pieces of shit who can't keep their traps shut. My wife and I had to tell the group behind us to shut up at least four-to-five times during the movie. I'm surprised they all could afford to see a 3D movie in this economy, especially with all the flannel they've been purchasing.
Old 08-10-12, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel
It honestly felt like I was watching 80-minutes of random jerkoffs do extreme stunts while I could not give a single fuck.
This was exactly what I figured it would be after seeing the trailer the other day.