Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Guardians of the Galaxy (2014, Gunn) S: Pratt, Zaldana, Bautista, Cooper, Diesel

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Guardians of the Galaxy (2014, Gunn) S: Pratt, Zaldana, Bautista, Cooper, Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-12, 02:34 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
re: Guardians of the Galaxy (2014) D: Gunn; S: Pratt, Zaldana, Bautista, Gillan, Cooper

Originally Posted by devilshalo
I wonder if Fox could bring in the Shi'ar to counter the Chitauri in the Avengers universe. Not that Lilandra and Death Bird are big villains, but it could open up the better version of the Dark Phoenix saga and introduce the Imperial Guard to run opposite a GotG movie. I'm sure some Fox executive is thinking about it.

Though I'd rather see the introduction of Vindicator and Alpha Flight since they did the Weapon X story. Although, if they are going with the rumored Days of Future Past story, I guess there could be the possibility of seeing members of Excalibur and X-Force.

Quite scary, isn't it, to know that Fox may possibly have the rights to so many of the mutants' story lines?
Yes. Fox is very scary w/ the X-Men property.

Originally Posted by Double_Oh_7
Damn... with Marvel's other big properties still at other studios, they now have to scrape the bottom of the barrel for their own movies.
Bottom of the barrel for them would be something else aside from GotG.
Old 06-26-12, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
re: Guardians of the Galaxy (2014) D: Gunn; S: Pratt, Zaldana, Bautista, Gillan, Cooper

I'm guessing nobody here would be interested in seeing Squirrel Girl in an Avengers sequel?

:tumbleweed:
Old 06-26-12, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

On paper, this movie is a terrible idea. No one has an emotional connection to these characters.
Old 06-26-12, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Double_Oh_7
Damn... with Marvel's other big properties still at other studios, they now have to scrape the bottom of the barrel for their own movies.
Sure looks like it.
I think the raccoon should be voiced by Adam West. I would at least smile at that.
Old 06-26-12, 08:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Tarantino
Rocket Racoon?
A character based on the Beatles song "Rocky Raccoon" presumable.
Old 06-27-12, 02:38 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I wonder if this really is the next movie as I don't think the next Avengers film will deal with Thanos.

I don't doubt that they will use the Guardians of the Galaxy as a way to show the cosmic side of the MCU, but I would think with more buzz around Ant-Man, they are building to a technologically-oriented Avengers 2.
Old 06-27-12, 04:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

On paper, this movie is a terrible idea. No one has an emotional connection to these characters.
Speak for yourself.
Old 06-27-12, 06:24 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Meglos
I'm guessing nobody here would be interested in seeing Squirrel Girl in an Avengers sequel?
Hell yeah!

Old 06-27-12, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Solid Snake PAC
Bottom of the barrel for them would be something else aside from GotG.
Yeah, like the Human Fly.
Old 06-27-12, 01:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Preterite
Yeah, like the Human Fly.
Lol. i didn't know you posted this. Now it makes my post in Human Fly's thread funnier.
Old 06-27-12, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by atxbomber
Speak for yourself.
Sorry, I'm sure there are a ton of people excited to finally see a laser shooting raccoon on screen.
Old 06-27-12, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Sorry, I'm sure there are a ton of people excited to finally see a laser shooting raccoon on screen.
It's one of those things people never knew they wanted until they find out it exists. "A Cockney raccoon that shoots lasers? Fuck. Yeah."
Old 06-27-12, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

And everyone going into Iron Man was emotionally invested in him already?
Old 06-27-12, 11:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by davidh777
I would venture a guess that a ton of people knew who Iron Man was before he was in a movie.
Old 06-28-12, 12:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,155 Likes on 901 Posts

Originally Posted by davidh777
Iron Man at least seemed pretty marketable to a wide audience whether he was well known or not. This I have to think will have really limited appeal. The comic fans who know who they are and that seems like about it. Just because Marvel has characters and their movies are hot right now doesn't mean they have to make every oddball character/team into a movie.
Old 06-28-12, 02:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Tie in GOTG as a cameo in Avengers 2...or do a Hulk movie, with GOTG with some screen time, build brand awareness with the public, and I think you got a decent opener here.

Hell even Ghost Rider got a decent opening, and no one can say that people really had a connection to that character.
Old 06-28-12, 02:28 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

I would venture a guess that a ton of people knew who Iron Man was before he was in a movie.
I agree a lot more people knew Iron Man than will know Guardians of the Galaxy, but I bet it was still restricted to nerds.
Old 06-28-12, 07:39 AM
Banned

Yes, and I also want to see Dex-Starr in Green Lantern 2. Rage cat is the most badass Red Lantern of them all.

Old 06-28-12, 02:37 PM
Banned

It's official. Marvel's announced that Guardians of the Galaxy is actually happening. Various sources around that..but also this:
- It will be announced as Marvel’s second 2014 movie at Comic Con
- Thanos is in it.
- It will “lead up to” The Avengers 2 in 2015.
- ”THE SCRIPT IS INCREDIBLE”
now..aside from the 1st and 4th (cuz well...I'll believe it when I see and hear more) listing. I'm pretty damn excited.
Old 06-28-12, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

jesus, the marvel movie universe is only getting bigger and better.
Old 06-28-12, 03:00 PM
Banned

yeah, I'm excited. Aside from THE HUMAN FLY. I'm fucking excited. I really want to see what they do w/ GotG. Hell...that's harder than The Avengers just based off of the concept. Got to sell it on the first try. Please have Groot be Groot (w/ him saying "I am Groot" for everything..but actually be saying many things)..and Rocket Raccoon be a badass. I'm totally down w/ Ray Winstone voicing him..or get the voice actor they have for him now..but Winstone would rock it. Get it..rock it..Rocket Raccoon?
Old 06-28-12, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts

Awesome, it's a completely obscure team of heroes that I've never heard of and I love comics. They better get their ace marketing on this one, because I smell another John Carter debacle.
Old 06-28-12, 03:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
Awesome, it's a completely obscure team of heroes that I've never heard of and I love comics. They better get their ace marketing on this one, because I smell another John Carter debacle.
Andrew Stanton is busy w/ something else, right?

Also Nova's name has been thrown around. Which would make sense w/ his exposure in the past 4 years.

Last edited by Solid Snake; 06-28-12 at 03:43 PM.
Old 06-28-12, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Hollywood Reporter confirms the above report, also citing the strength of Nicole Perlman's GOTG script as a big reason why it's moving forward ahead of other Marvel movies in development: "She also has written two drafts of Guardians that are highly regarded. Adding to the heat surrounding Guardians is the fact that Marvel is currently on the hunt for a director. Those in the know say the project is in line with Avengers in tone in the sense there is plenty of comedic elements on display."
Old 06-28-12, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Gotg going to be be revealed at comic con,

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.