Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Space Command: A Retro space adventure movie backed by KickStarter

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-12, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Just saw this while browsing Kickstarter the this morning:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/.../space-command

Looks pretty interesting.

Marc Zicree here. As a kid I loved STAR TREK, TWILIGHT ZONE, OUTER LIMITS, FORBIDDEN PLANET and grew up to write for such great shows as STAR TREK – THE NEXT GENERATION, DEEP SPACE NINE, BABYLON 5, SLIDERS and more.

I often hear fans say, “Why are there so few good sci-fi shows on TV, and why do so many go south?” I can tell you – frankly, most of the network suits just don’t get it.

But you and I do.

So when I recently got the idea of creating a new show inspired by the sense of wonder and possibility science fiction gave me as a kid, I realized I didn’t need a network or studio to make my dream come true -- just Kickstarter and you.

We have a great show we’re chomping at the bit to make – our video and website will tell you all about – and rewards that the geek in all of us would die for (especially the $250K rocket set).

Thanks for making it happen. Or I could just say, “Spacemen’s luck!”

Some Concept Art:

Swag:

Team behind this:
Marc Scott Zicree has written for virtually every major network and studio, with hundreds of hours of produced credits including Star Trek – The Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, Babylon 5 and Sliders, and bestsellers including The Twilight Zone Companion and Magic Time trilogy of novels. He has been nominated for the American Book Award, Hugo Award, Nebula Award, Humanitas Prize and Diane Thomas A ward, and won the Saturn Award, TV Guide Award, Rondo Award and prestigious Hamptons Prize.

Doug Drexler is an Oscar and Emmy award winner. His credits include Star Trek -- The Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, Voyager, Enterprise, four Star Trek feature films, Battlestar Galactica, and currently Defiance. He has also won the British Academy Award, a Saturn Award, a Visual Effects Society Award and is also a Peabody Award recipient.

Neil Johnson’s credits include eight Sci-Fi films including Alien Armageddon, Battlespace and Humanity's End. He has directed over 500 music videos for such bands as U2 and Manowar. Neil's feature film debut in 1997 is reputed to be the first digital film ever made.
Old 05-18-12, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts
Re: Space Command: A Retro space adventure movie backed by KickStarter

Sounds promising.
Old 05-18-12, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Space Command: A Retro space adventure movie backed by KickStarter

Originally Posted by RocShemp
Sounds promising.
It does, I tend to stick actual products and/or games on KS, but I'm willing to contribute, want to see the reward tiers flesh out, and some character/story plotlines before I jump in. But the pedigree in who is behind this, as well as some of the vision gives me hope.