Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Silent Hill: Revelation 3D

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-11, 07:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Really surprise no one has talked about this movie that is now shooting.
Press Release
Los Angeles, California – March 7, 2011: Davis Films producer Samuel Hadida and Don Carmody announced that rising star Adelaide Clemens (X-Men Origins : Wolverine, Vampire, Camilla Dickinson, Wasted on the Young, next starring in Mad Max: Fury Road) and Kit Harington (HBO’s upcoming series Game of Thrones) will top-line Silent Hill: Revelation 3D. The film begins lensing in Toronto today and is directed by Michael J. Bassett (Solomon Kane, Deathwatch). International sales are being handled by Lionsgate.

Hadida and Carmody most recently produced Resident Evil: Afterlife 3D starring Milla Jovovich, Ali Larter, and Wentworth Miller. Past collaborations include Resident Evil: Apocalypse and the earlier Silent Hill.

Hadida said: “We are all excited to have the Silent Hill team reunited in Toronto. With Michael at the helm, we will be building on the first film and taking Silent Hill into new territory with an exciting storyline and visuals that should grab both new audiences and fans of the Silent Hill franchise.”

Carmody added: “Adelaide is breaking out of the indie world with commercial features such as X-Men and the upcoming Mad Max: Fury Road. She and Kit are emerging young talent and their chemistry and dynamics make them a brilliant addition to the Silent Hill team.”

Silent Hill: Revelation 3D is based on the acclaimed survival horror videogame franchise by KONAMI and is the sequel to Hadida and Carmody’s earlier Silent Hill directed by Christophe Gans. For years, Heather Mason (Clemens) and her father have been on the run, always one step ahead of dangerous forces that she doesn’t fully understand. Now on the eve of her 18th birthday, plagued by terrifying nightmares and the disappearance of her father, Heather discovers she’s not who she thinks she is. The revelation leads her deeper into a demonic world that threatens to trap her in Silent Hill forever.

Returning actors reveal
Old 03-15-11, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,021 Likes on 812 Posts
Re: Silent Hill: Revelation 3D

It was briefly discussed in the original thread for Silent Hill when the director was announced. Needs its own thread.

3D needs to stop.
Old 03-15-11, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 186 Likes on 129 Posts

Disappointed that Gans isn't returning, he really nailed the look of Silent Hill in the first flick. I enjoyed the first Silent Hill movie very much, so I hope this one lives up to it.
Old 03-15-11, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Cool they're using the Heather storyline. I wish they'd use some of the music from that installment - it was fantastic.

I thought the first one was decent. Great atmosphere, but the horrid CGI ruined what could have been a solid horror flick.
Old 03-15-11, 08:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 186 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by KillerCannibal
Cool they're using the Heather storyline. I wish they'd use some of the music from that installment - it was fantastic.
Most of the music from the first flick was lifted directly from the games. I hope they follow the same approach, because the music made up 50% of the atmosphere in the games.
Old 03-15-11, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 220 Likes on 176 Posts

I enjoyed the first one quite a bit, although I agree about the CGI. The sound was perfect, especially the siren that still kind of freaks me out.
Old 03-16-11, 12:34 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would have care more about the first one if it was Sean Bean being the lead as his specific character...I could care less about this wife. Also...the ending was weak and the cgi was bad. Music and the production design was badass though.
Old 03-16-11, 01:33 AM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Sean Bean was shoehorned in because the studio had a problem with a movie where almost every character was female.

I really liked the first one, and I'm a huge fan of the games, so count me in.
Old 03-16-11, 01:45 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think the last time I mentioned the Sean Bean element you also mentioned your response to of his inclusion as well.
Old 03-16-11, 01:48 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

For years, Heather Mason (Clemens) and her father have been on the run
I was somewhat uncertain about this since Gans wasn't returning as director, but that bit (and the returning cast) will get my ass in a seat on opening night.
Old 03-16-11, 03:06 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,121 Posts

I liked SH1 and I've been waiting for the sequel.

That said, FUCK 3D.
Old 03-16-11, 03:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As long as characters are "on the run"....I'm in.
Old 03-16-11, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

I am pretty excited for this...and having some original cast memebers return, even if just extended cameos or something, is cool!

Spoiler:
Wonder if they will address the depressing (though appropriate for Silent Hill) ending of the first movie since both Sean and Rhada are returning...
Old 03-16-11, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Ugh, 3D. The first Silent Hill was amazing and I still feel it is the best video game to move adaptation. That being said, this one will most likely suck being in 3D and having a different director. That 3D Resident Evil was one of the worst movie I have ever seen...ever.
Old 03-16-11, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 622 Likes on 480 Posts

If it's (well) shot in 3D and not converted in post, I have no problem with that. And since I loved Solomon Kane so much (hopefully it'll finally be released in the US), I'm excited that Michael J. Bassett is directing.
Old 04-12-11, 01:20 AM

I love this pictures that a fan who sunk into a set set of the movie took. Loving the fact that they are basing this on the 3rd game. Maybe they will do a adaption of the second game after all this.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/saracollaton
Old 04-12-11, 07:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Nice pictures....I thought the whole carnival was creepy in the 3rd game, especially the merry-go-round and the big pink bunnies.
Old 04-12-11, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MaDJoE
I love this pictures that a fan who sunk into a set set of the movie took. Loving the fact that they are basing this on the 3rd game. Maybe they will do a adaption of the second game after all this.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/saracollaton
The carnival. I'm getting pretty jazzed about this.
Old 04-12-11, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Def diggin' the new pics. If this isn't ruined by piss-poor CGI, I think it could be pretty rad.
Old 04-12-11, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Those pics are great. Definitely looking forward to this more and more.
Old 04-23-11, 01:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2k8dqED3qx0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2k8dqED3qx0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

http://www.horrorbid.com/forum/viewt...p=74752#p74752
Old 04-25-12, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,021 Likes on 812 Posts

Forgot all about this movie. October 26th, 2012 release date. Added some cast members as well - Sean Bean, Deborah Kara Unger, Radha Mitchell, Adelaide Clemens, Kit Harington (HBO’s Game Of Thrones), Carrie-Anne Moss, and Malcolm McDowell.

Originally Posted by Deadline Hollywood
LOS ANGELES, CA, April 18, 2012 – Open Road Films has acquired all U.S. distribution rights to SILENT HILL: REVELATION 3D, the highly anticipated sequel to 2006’s film SILENT HILL, released by TriStar Pictures. SILENT HILL: REVELATION 3D will be released wide October 26, 2012 in time for Halloween. The announcement was made today by Tom Ortenberg, CEO of Open Road Films and producers Samuel Hadida and Don Carmody.

Based on the groundbreaking video game franchise, SILENT HILL: REVELATION 3D is the sequel to the hit film SILENT HILL, which opened to number one at the U.S. box office and took in nearly $100 million at the worldwide box office. Featuring an unparalleled horror experience, Konami’s Silent Hill franchise has captivated fans for more than a decade and has spawned a hit comic book series, graphic novels, collectibleaction figures and numerous soundtracks from rock bands.

Directed by Michael J. Bassett (Solomon Kane, Deathwatch), original cast members Sean Bean (HBO’s Game Of Thrones, Lord Of The Rings), Deborah Kara Unger (The Game, 88 minutes, The Samaritan) and Radha Mitchell (Man On Fire, The Crazies, upcoming The Frozen Ground) return in SILENT HILL: REVELATION 3D, starring along with rising stars Adelaide Clemens (X-Men Origins, upcoming The Great Gatsby, No One Lives) and Kit Harington (HBO’s Game Of Thrones) as well as Carrie-Anne Moss (The Matrix, Disturbia, NBC’s Chuck) and Malcolm McDowell (A Clockwork Orange, The Artist).

In SILENT HILL: REVELATION 3D, Heather Mason (Clemens) and her father (Bean) have been on the run, always one step ahead of dangerous forces that she doesn’t fully understand. On the eve of her 18th birthday, plagued by horrificnightmares and the disappearance of her father, Heather discovers she’s not who she thinks she is. The revelation leads her deeper into a demonic world that threatens to trap her forever.

Ortenberg stated, “Silent Hill has proven to be a powerhouse franchise. The fans have greeted each incarnation, including the original SILENT HILL film, with great enthusiasm and we are confident that this latest project will be a strong addition to Open Road’s 2012 slate.”

Producer Samuel Hadida added, “The film is a thrill ride that improves on the original in many ways. We take all audiences, new and old, deep into the world of psychological horror that is Silent Hill, and advance thestory for those familiar with the franchise. We are thrilled to have Tom and his terrific team at Open Road presenting our film to U.S. audiences.”

The deal was negotiated on behalf of Open Road Films by Ortenberg, General Counsel and Executive Vice President of Operations and Business Affairs, Elliott Kleinberg, and Senior Vice President of Acquisitions, Ben Cotner. International sales for SILENT HILL: REVELATION 3D are being handled by Lionsgate. In addition to Samuel Hadida, the film was produced by Hadida’s Davis films as well as Don Carmody.
Old 04-25-12, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

All I've read about this movie makes me feel that
Spoiler:
the trend of Sean Bean getting murdered isn't ending anytime soon.

That gripe aside, I'm really looking forward to this. I also hope Lionsgate will finally release Solomon Kane on BD to coincide with this film's theatrical release.
Old 04-25-12, 06:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 202 Likes on 156 Posts

^ I was about to start a betting pool on that one.

Spoiler:
Whenever Sean Bean appears in something, how long until his character bites it?
Old 04-26-12, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'd forgotten all about this, too. Finally, a release date.

Oh, and there's no way Sean Bean makes it out of the same film universe twice.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.