Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Headhunters (Tyldum, 2011) — Norwegian adaptation of Nesbø's novel w/Coster-Waldau

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Headhunters (Tyldum, 2011) — Norwegian adaptation of Nesbø's novel w/Coster-Waldau

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-12, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Hodejegerne (Headhunters) | IMDB | April 2012

An accomplished headhunter risks everything to obtain a valuable painting owned by a former mercenary.

<hr>

Coster-who? you ask. You know, Jamie Lannister.

I walked into this movie knowing next to nothing about it, and walked out satisfied. It starts as a pretty generic thriller, but starts taking weird, Very Bad Things–twists near the half, to the point where one of the action sequences in a movie ends in so absurdly (but brilliantly, slight spoiler, likely to be in the trailer)

Spoiler:

A feces-smeared character is driving a tractor with an impaled dog as a hood ornament

that I wonder if this common in Nesbø's writing. If it is, I have to seek it out.

I was expecting some warmed-over Girl With copycat, but has almost nothing in common (aside from the Nordicness) with that trilogy.

Recommended.
Old 03-18-12, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Re: Headhunters (Tyldum, 2011) — Norwegian adaptation of Nesbø's novel w/Coster-Walda

I would not recommend watching the trailer past the halfway point (end it at 1:10), as pretty much every major plot twist is contained thereafter

Also, the trailer (like the film) has some PG-13 nudity, so I would say it's NSFW

Old 03-18-12, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Headhunters (Tyldum, 2011) — Norwegian adaptation of Nesbø's novel w/Coster-Walda

I saw this trailer the other day. It looks...alright.
Old 04-27-12, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This comes out May the 4th in DC (and I belive today in LA and NY). IDK if its on demand or not, as Magnolia is releasing it
Old 05-31-12, 08:40 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm am really surprised no one (other than The Bus) is hyping this film, it's by far the most entertaining exciting film I've seen this year. I never saw the trailer and just went in, also, not knowing a thing outside it was a crime-thriller film, and having overheard one of the Landmark employees saying she had seen it three times. I highly recommend this film!
Old 12-21-12, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Saw this on Netflix today. Implausible, but highly entertaining.
Old 12-21-12, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 283 Likes on 181 Posts

Yea, I agree. Very entertaining film, but there were alot of moments that had me rolling my eyes. Mainly the scene where the car drives off a 100 ft cliff and lands hood first...the character somehow is able to walk away from that (by being stuck inbetween two fat guys to "soften" the landing).
Old 12-22-12, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah this is a terrific film.

Kind of a big spoiler there Osiris, maybe you want to go ahead and tell how the film ends while you're at it?
Old 12-22-12, 09:09 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Maybe we should ban him for spoilering?
Old 12-22-12, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Pretty sure that part is in the trailer.
Old 12-22-12, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts

Doesn't make it any less a spoiler. There was already a warning that watching the trailer could ruin the movie.
Old 12-23-12, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Maxflier
Doesn't make it any less a spoiler. There was already a warning that watching the trailer could ruin the movie.
Good point.
Old 12-23-12, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Solid Snake PAC
Maybe we should ban him for spoilering?
Unless he does it purposely all the time, that's stupid. It's time to take some personal reponsibilty also and not be shocked when entering a thread about a specific movie and there are spoilers and general conversation about that specific movie. Enter at your own damned risk.
Old 12-23-12, 12:43 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jules Winfield
Unless he does it purposely all the time, that's stupid. It's time to take some personal reponsibilty also and not be shocked when entering a thread about a specific movie and there are spoilers and general conversation about that specific movie. Enter at your own damned risk.
I guess you don't understand the context of my comment. It was a reference to the last time someone spoiled something in a thread, at least one I was rummaging about in.
Old 12-23-12, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Solid Snake PAC
I guess you don't understand the context of my comment. It was a reference to the last time someone spoiled something in a thread, at least one I was rummaging about in.
No, I didn't. Where's the damned smiley?!?! Where's the link to the thread you were referencing? I think you should be banned for not doing everything for me.