Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Walt (Howard, 2012) Gosling as Walt Disney, Williams, McGregor

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Walt (Howard, 2012) Gosling as Walt Disney, Williams, McGregor

Old 03-11-12, 05:39 PM
  #1  
DVD Talk Hero
Thread Starter
 
PopcornTreeCt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 25,913
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Walt (Howard, 2012) Gosling as Walt Disney, Williams, McGregor



Old 03-11-12, 05:50 PM
  #2  
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Formerly known as "Solid Snake PAC"/Denton, Tx
Posts: 39,239
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Walt (Howard, 2012) Gosling as Walt Disney, Williams, McGregor

Ron Howard directing? ugh....


I love Gosling..but...I dunno about this.
Old 03-11-12, 05:59 PM
  #3  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Daytona Beach, FL
Posts: 23,510
Received 202 Likes on 156 Posts
Re: Walt (Howard, 2012) Gosling as Walt Disney, Williams, McGregor

I have a feeling this will only portray Disney in a positive light. Just a hunch.

I will say that after seeing Drive and Ides of March, Gosling is definitely showing his diversity as an actor.
Old 03-11-12, 06:04 PM
  #4  
DVD Talk Legend
 
JumpCutz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: south of heaven
Posts: 13,540
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Walt (Howard, 2012) Gosling as Walt Disney, Williams, McGregor

Love that poster. Gosling. Williams. McGregor.

Howard.

Okay let's hope it's the Howard of Frost/Nixon.
Old 03-11-12, 06:11 PM
  #5  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 4,017
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Re: Walt (Howard, 2012) Gosling as Walt Disney, Williams, McGregor

I think this is fake.
Old 03-11-12, 06:15 PM
  #6  
DVD Talk Hero
Thread Starter
 
PopcornTreeCt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 25,913
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Walt (Howard, 2012) Gosling as Walt Disney, Williams, McGregor

Originally Posted by gmanca
I think this is fake.
Old 03-11-12, 06:18 PM
  #7  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Daytona Beach, FL
Posts: 23,510
Received 202 Likes on 156 Posts
Re: Walt (Howard, 2012) Gosling as Walt Disney, Williams, McGregor

No listing anywhere on IMDB. I think this is a con as everyone suspects.
Old 03-11-12, 06:42 PM
  #8  
DVD Talk Legend
 
JumpCutz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: south of heaven
Posts: 13,540
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Walt (Howard, 2012) Gosling as Walt Disney, Williams, McGregor

I still like that fake poster.
Old 03-11-12, 06:57 PM
  #9  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: East of Ypsi
Posts: 8,905
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: Walt (Howard, 2012) Gosling as Walt Disney, Williams, McGregor

The winking smilie was right in the OP. C'mon guys.

Cool poster though.
Old 03-11-12, 09:04 PM
  #10  
DVD Talk Reviewer
 
Boba Fett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 6,283
Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts
Re: Walt (Howard, 2012) Gosling as Walt Disney, Williams, McGregor

Walt was inspired to draw Mickey after seeing the aftermath of a guy's head he stomped to pieces in an elevator.
Old 03-11-12, 09:41 PM
  #11  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 11,310
Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts
Re: Walt (Howard, 2012) Gosling as Walt Disney, Williams, McGregor

Originally Posted by JumpCutz
Love that poster. Gosling. Williams. McGregor.

Howard.

Okay let's hope it's the Howard of Frost/Nixon.
Yeah, this is fake. And I don't like Howard as a Director either. Except for his work on "Frost/Nixon" and "Cinderella Man".
Old 03-11-12, 09:47 PM
  #12  
DVD Talk Legend
 
bunkaroo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Chicago West Suburbs
Posts: 16,391
Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts
Re: Walt (Howard, 2012) Gosling as Walt Disney, Williams, McGregor

Howard hasn't made a movie I really loved in a long time. I still like Backdraft and I love the underrated The Paper, but I can't watch much of his 80's and 90's stuff anymore.
Old 03-11-12, 09:57 PM
  #13  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 14,806
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Walt (Howard, 2012) Gosling as Walt Disney, Williams, McGregor

This is the only Walt I know.

Old 03-11-12, 10:12 PM
  #14  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: STL
Posts: 3,197
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Walt (Howard, 2012) Gosling as Walt Disney, Williams, McGregor

lol, thinking this is real
Old 03-11-12, 10:24 PM
  #15  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Carrollton, Ga
Posts: 4,809
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Walt (Howard, 2012) Gosling as Walt Disney, Williams, McGregor

Gosling as Walt Disney? LOL! No thanks. Good actor, but not even remotely believable as Disney. Has to be fake.
Old 03-11-12, 10:29 PM
  #16  
Moderator
 
Groucho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 71,383
Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Re: Walt (Howard, 2012) Gosling as Walt Disney, Williams, McGregor

Who is McGregor playing? Roy, I assume?
Old 03-12-12, 03:05 AM
  #17  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Troy Stiffler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Under an I-10 Overpass
Posts: 25,814
Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts
Re: Walt (Howard, 2012) Gosling as Walt Disney, Williams, McGregor

Fake. Giving it a 2013 release would have made it more convincing. No way it'd be 2012 with next-to-no info on it yet.
Old 03-12-12, 03:10 AM
  #18  
DVD Talk Reviewer
 
Boba Fett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 6,283
Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts
Re: Walt (Howard, 2012) Gosling as Walt Disney, Williams, McGregor

Old 03-12-12, 09:45 AM
  #19  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Ash Ketchum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 12,627
Received 277 Likes on 212 Posts
Re: Walt (Howard, 2012) Gosling as Walt Disney, Williams, McGregor

The sofas in that poster are a dead giveaway. They've never had seating that comfortable on U.S. passenger trains.
Old 03-12-12, 12:07 PM
  #20  
Senior Member
 
lattethunder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Griffin, GA
Posts: 406
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Walt (Howard, 2012) Gosling as Walt Disney, Williams, McGregor

ABC has been including this in their news crawl. Pretty sad for a company owned by Disney to fall for it.
Old 03-12-12, 12:41 PM
  #21  
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Conducting miss-aisle drills and listening to their rock n roll
Posts: 20,052
Received 168 Likes on 126 Posts
Re: Walt (Howard, 2012) Gosling as Walt Disney, Williams, McGregor

ABC/Disney may have floated this fake poster through a third party to gauge interest.

I've often thought about a Disney bio-pic and I think it would be very difficult because he was so famous and so in the spotlight. Everyone knows what he looked like and everyone has an opinion about him. It's a lot easier to make a film about Howard Hughes who was reclusive.

On the other hand, while he was very high profile and visible, not very much of his personal life has ever been documented. Anything that focused on his personal life would have to be very speculative. This poster (if it were real) would seem to suggest a movie about the situation surrounding "the birth of Mickey" on a long cross country train trip. Making a bio-pic about just a brief moment of his life would probably be a much better idea than an all encompassing film about his whole life.

I've always thought that the best way to handle a Walt Disney biopic would be to make him a supporting player in a larger story. For example: A film about the making of Fantasia. The film would be about the colossal endeavor of making an experimental film, the collaboration among many great artists, and the failed attempt to sell the concept to an international audience on the brink of war. Fantasia would be the subject, not Walt alone. He would be part of a larger ensemble of characters/actors and the making of this one project could be made to symbolize his whole career of high risk expensive gambles. I think Fantasia is the ultimate subject; you sidestep having to deal with his personal life, the conception of Mickey or the building of Disneyland would be too saccharine a subject matter, too likely to get mired in being a pageant of Americana with swelling inspirational music and such. Sticking with Fantasia would give a Disney biopic the aire of maturity that I think the subject should have.

Sort of like how RKO182 (not a very good film) realized that everything you need to know about Orson Welles you could dramatize within the framework of him directing Citizen Kane.

Last edited by Mabuse; 03-12-12 at 12:58 PM.
Old 03-12-12, 01:05 PM
  #22  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Brent L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Upstate, SC
Posts: 13,617
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Walt (Howard, 2012) Gosling as Walt Disney, Williams, McGregor

I sure would love a film based on his life though. I read Walt Disney: The Triumph of the American Imagination and have been interested in a film about it all ever since. And wow, Gosling would seriously be good casting for him too...

Old 03-12-12, 01:06 PM
  #23  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Ash Ketchum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 12,627
Received 277 Likes on 212 Posts
Re: Walt (Howard, 2012) Gosling as Walt Disney, Williams, McGregor

Originally Posted by Mabuse
ABC/Disney may have floated this fake poster through a third party to gauge interest.

I've often thought about a Disney bio-pic and I think it would be very difficult because he was so famous and so in the spotlight. Everyone knows what he looked like and everyone has an opinion about him. It's a lot easier to make a film about Howard Hughes who was reclusive.

On the other hand, while he was very high profile and visible, not very much of his personal life has ever been documented. Anything that focused on his personal life would have to be very speculative. This poster (if it were real) would seem to suggest a movie about the situation surrounding "the birth of Mickey" on a long cross country train trip. Making a bio-pic about just a brief moment of his life would probably be a much better idea than an all encompassing film about his whole life.

I've always thought that the best way to handle a Walt Disney biopic would be to make him a supporting player in a larger story. For example: A film about the making of Fantasia. The film would be about the colossal endeavor of making an experimental film, the collaboration among many great artists, and the failed attempt to sell the concept to an international audience on the brink of war. Fantasia would be the subject, not Walt alone. He would be part of a larger ensemble of characters/actors and the making of this one project could be made to symbolize his whole career of high risk expensive gambles. I think Fantasia is the ultimate subject; you sidestep having to deal with his personal life, the conception of Mickey or the building of Disneyland would be too saccharine a subject matter, too likely to get mired in being a pageant of Americana with swelling inspirational music and such. Sticking with Fantasia would give a Disney biopic the aire of maturity that I think the subject should have.

Sort of like how RKO182 (not a very good film) realized that everything you need to know about Orson Welles you could dramatize within the framework of him directing Citizen Kane.
The Disney biopic I want to see shows his anti-union activity and the bitter strike against him, followed a few years later by his "friendly" testimony before HUAC on communist infiltration of the movie industry.






Last edited by Ash Ketchum; 03-12-12 at 01:14 PM.
Old 03-12-12, 01:17 PM
  #24  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Jaymole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: N.Y, N.Y
Posts: 10,532
Received 443 Likes on 250 Posts
Re: Walt (Howard, 2012) Gosling as Walt Disney, Williams, McGregor

Originally Posted by Ash Ketchum
The Disney biopic I want to see shows his anti-union activity and the bitter strike against him, followed a few years later by his "friendly" testimony before HUAC on communist infiltration of the movie industry.





They can throw in his anti-Semitism as well.
Old 03-12-12, 01:21 PM
  #25  
Moderator
 
Groucho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 71,383
Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Re: Walt (Howard, 2012) Gosling as Walt Disney, Williams, McGregor

I want the "bookends" to be about a friendly janitor who accidentally unfreezes Walt at the biogenics lab, allowing him to tell his story. at the end, Walt will say that the world is "not yet ready" for his return and will valiantly step back into bio-stasis.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.