Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Terminator: GENISYS (2015, D: Taylor) S: Emilia Clarke, Jason Clarke, Jai Courtney

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Terminator: GENISYS (2015, D: Taylor) S: Emilia Clarke, Jason Clarke, Jai Courtney

Old 01-28-12, 05:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Terminator 5

Originally Posted by crazychris88
TheTerminatorFans.com : @meganeellison We hope you can bring this franchise back from the brink of PG-13 HELL!"

"Megan Ellison : @terminatorfans We can't really tell you guys anything about Terminator BUT it will be an R rated film as God and James Cameron intended."
lol, God intended for humans to be almost wiped out due to machines.
Old 06-07-12, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 681 Likes on 529 Posts

Whereas one might think The Austrian Oak might consider slowing down at age 64 (65 next month), he's doing quite the opposite and pleasing the fans in every possible way! If coming out with The Expendables 2 this year and three films next year was not enough to excite the world, he's ALSO just signed on for Terminator 5! After he finished The Tomb with Stallone, Arnold will then shave his goatee and die his hair blonde for the sci-fi action film "Unknown Soldier" to be filmed in August, followed by a hopeful December production start date for "TEN" and then in 2013 he will set aside six full months to film Terminator 5!

Schwarzenegger: "I can't say to much they want it held in secret if you know what I mean, but I will say that next year I will start filming it and it's going to be one of the hardest films I have ever done, I can tell you that already for sure... they have six months set aside just for filming, so I will be training and getting into the best physical shape I possibly can before filming starts. It does follow Salvation although some of the producers and franchise owner were not to happy about the job McG did with it but they felt it was good enough to continue on and they want the fifth and sixth installments to be the closing of the franchise."
Arnold addresses his birthday next month and assures the fans that he's just getting started. There's no stopping a Terminator and there's no stopping Schwarzenegger's comeback!

Schwarzenegger: "I will be turning 65 this July and most movie stars my age are either doing the dramatic films or slowing down there action roles and all of those things. While me on the other hand will not be doing that (laughs) I feel great at my age and continue to do hard workouts to prepare myself for any roles I have coming up and to just stay in great shape as much as I can. Making movies is what I am all about and I love my fans as well they give great support in my decisions, and again like at 64 years old I still try to do the majority of my own stunts that my body will let me but obviously you won't see me jumping off any buildings (laughs). After The Tomb wraps in late June, I will be starting another film right off the bat titled "Unknown Soldier" with the guys who did the successful and a film I loved "Act Of Valor". That one will be tons of fun and require me to do a lot physical things and tons of gun fights and things of that nature. It also has a bit of a science fiction feel which I am known for (laughs) so I think people will love that one as well. So you will not be seeing me slow down anytime soon I have another project I just signed on for after I film "Unknown Soldier" so I am very busy and I am loving just getting back into doing this it's a lot of fun and something I'm very passionate about."
Arnold is truly BACK! Last year he may have stumbled a bit but his future is looking better than ever!!! One other interesting thing to take note of is that MovieHole says that Arnold will play a BAD GUY in Unknown Solider. We pray to Crom that is true as it's been far too long since he played a killer. We're pumped for Arnold's big comeback and the projects that he attached himself to. The party has just begun! Terminator 5 with Arnold Alois Schwarzenegger is coming!!! STOGIE TIME!

Old 06-07-12, 08:56 AM

Received 112 Likes on 91 Posts

Funny, I can practically hear Arnold speaking those words.
Old 06-07-12, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Geofferson
Funny, I can practically hear Arnold speaking those words.
"Titty sprinkles"?
Old 06-07-12, 09:14 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 407 Likes on 255 Posts

ehhhh, I'll temper my enthusiasm until I see an updated picture of the Geezernator.
Old 06-07-12, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

Resistance Fighter #1: We've altered the appearance of the T-800 so that he looks older, saggier and non-threatening. No one will suspect he's a terminator underneath that liver spotted flesh!

Resistance Fighter #2: Can't we just send a T-1000 or a a T-X to protect John Connor this time? Why the fuck do we keep sending back T-800's? Skynet is just going to send their latest model after Connor.

Resistance Fighter #1: Fuck you.*Sends a T-800 back in time and picks his nose.*
Old 06-07-12, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Hero

As far as I understand it, much like Salvation, they're not doing time travel in this film either.
Old 06-07-12, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by RocShemp
As far as I understand it, much like Salvation, they're not doing time travel in this film either.
Shut up and go along with it!

I just assumed they would do time travel because the last movie didn't do that great set in the future. If they do time travel or have the T-800 in a prominent role, they really need to digitally do something to Arnold's face. They did it with Brad Pitt in Benjamin Button. Otherwise, I don't know. I kinda wish Arnold would do something new.
Old 06-07-12, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think that article could have used some more exclamation points.
Old 06-07-12, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

I don't hold this franchise in the same high regard that I once did due to the last 2 movies. Because of that i'm okay with them making another movie with Arnold, just let it kick ass, be fun and make sure it is R rated (and over 2 hours).
Old 06-07-12, 10:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Arnold playing a robot again will be goofy.

The suits in charge will no doubt think that audiences will be disappointed if Arnie isn't a Terminator.

What they should do is have him play a pissed off human soldier. That way he can have a scene where he says something like "They used my face to create the damned robots. I will keel them all!"

Last edited by Alternative3; 06-07-12 at 04:31 PM.
Old 06-07-12, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Alternative3
I am sure they will have Arnold playing a robot. The suits in charge will no doubt think that audiences will be disappointed if Arnie isn't a Terminator.

What they should do is have him play a pissed off soldier. That way he can have a scene where he says something like "They used my face to create the damned robots. I will keel them all!"
They already tried that scene in T3, it got deleted. That stupid southern accent.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kayFrIR-Qfw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 06-07-12, 10:59 AM
En vacance

Originally Posted by Jules Winfield
Resistance Fighter #1: We've altered the appearance of the T-800 so that he looks older, saggier and non-threatening. No one will suspect he's a terminator underneath that liver spotted flesh!

Resistance Fighter #2: Can't we just send a T-1000 or a a T-X to protect John Connor this time? Why the fuck do we keep sending back T-800's? Skynet is just going to send their latest model after Connor.

Resistance Fighter #1: Fuck you.*Sends a T-800 back in time and picks his nose.*
I can't wait to see him in King Conan: Rises (2016)

Conan: Today we could have just walked away but we are men of the Northwest!
For freedom!!!!

Second in command(played by Johnny Knoxville): Beleee dat nihuh. Yeeeeeeeh. After we kill all of the Zathorians we'll rape everyone!

Conan: Yah. Then afterward my next movies I have in line are Predator 4: Desert Heat (2017). I'm playing an aging sheriff who has to stop a gang of Predators who are escaping authorities and we're the last stand before they cross the border!! Afterward its The Scythe (2017), The Bag (2018), and another sequel to Total Recall not starring the Guy with the sex video with the Nubian.

Second in command: Woooooooooooo!

Conan: wanna be my warrior queen.

Second in command: *looks around* Its cool man.

Conan: Fack you.

Last edited by FRwL; 06-07-12 at 11:23 AM.
Old 06-07-12, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I wonder who they'll get for Connor?

As long as the script is good, I'm game for this. It can't be any worse than Salvation.
Old 06-07-12, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by KillerCannibal
It can't be any worse than Salvation.
You overestimate Hollywood.
Old 06-07-12, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Salvation didn't have too bad a script. The problem was trying to shoehorn John Connor into what was essentially an independant story set in the Terminator universe.

But when Bale was cast (originally as Marcus) he insisted on playing John Connor and had new scenes written for a character that was never meant to show up.
Old 06-07-12, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't know how many feel this way, but I liked Terminator Salvation more than T3.
Old 06-07-12, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I do not. T3 might've been a useless rehash of T2, but it had solid action, and I just don't think a Terminator movie feels like a Terminator movie without Arnie. As bad as lines like "Talk to da hand!" were, they're downright Shakespearian compared to the idiocy of Salvation's script.
Old 06-07-12, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm down for it. *shrug*
Old 06-07-12, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by KillerCannibal
I do not. T3 might've been a useless rehash of T2, but it had solid action, and I just don't think a Terminator movie feels like a Terminator movie without Arnie. As bad as lines like "Talk to da hand!" were, they're downright Shakespearian compared to the idiocy of Salvation's script.
I'm just saying that it has the possibility to be worse than Terminator: Salvation. Because anything's possible. But I hope it's better.
Old 06-07-12, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

If I was to go to hell, and I had to watch Terminator 3 or Terminator Salvation for eternity.......I guess I would choose Terminator Salvation.

But it would still definitely be hell, even though my eternal punishment would be watching a movie.
Old 06-07-12, 05:13 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

T3 was horrible and had that horrible color palette. Also plot holes galore. TS is a great action movie..not a good Terminator movie sadly.
Old 06-07-12, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Salvation was crap and T3 was barely memorable, but still it's Arnold in another Termiantor movie. I'm there opening day.
Old 06-07-12, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 347 Likes on 247 Posts

Originally Posted by mcfly
Salvation was crap and T3 was barely memorable, but still it's Arnold in another Termiantor movie. I'm there opening day.
I thought her walking butt naked was the most memorable thing in T3.

Last edited by Sonic; 06-07-12 at 09:21 PM. Reason: SolidSnakePac is following me with one eye
Old 06-07-12, 09:01 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

He said it was BARELY memorable.

I hated so much out of T3. The production was cheaper, cgi wasn't up to par, etc etc.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.