Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Terminator: GENISYS (2015, D: Taylor) S: Emilia Clarke, Jason Clarke, Jai Courtney

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Terminator: GENISYS (2015, D: Taylor) S: Emilia Clarke, Jason Clarke, Jai Courtney

Old 03-02-14, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 347 Likes on 247 Posts
Re: Terminator: Genesis (2015, D: Taylor) S: Clarke, Clarke, Courtney

They should revolutionize Arnold in this sequel. In human form Arnold could be in a wheelchair that is connected through his circuits. Once he's skinned off...a devastating T-1000 is revealed that is part machine and part tank.
Old 03-03-14, 06:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 293 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveyJoe
I think he looks pretty damn good for an 80 year old man.
Except he's 66. Harrison Ford is 71 (Seventy Fucking One!) and he's looking much better than Arnold.
Old 03-03-14, 07:31 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 389 Likes on 276 Posts

Ford is laid back and smokes a lot of pot.
Old 03-03-14, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Exclusive : More original characters returning for new Terminator – Moviehole

Thanks to that ever-dependable alternate timeline device, and time-travel (which has always been a part of the series), Taylor’s film will take us back and forward between the future, 1984 (“The Terminator”), 1991 (“Terminator 2 : Judgement Day”) and other important and influential time periods in the life of the Connor family.

Firstly, we will indeed be revisiting the events of the original 1984 film again. The ‘Terminator’ from the future will arrive on earth, attack some punks (keen to see who they get to play ‘Bill Paxton’), and then slaughter his way through a bunch of Sarah Connors’ – until he finds the correct target. And all the characters that appeared in the Cameron original, like Detective Hal Vukovich (played by Lance Henriksen in the original), Lieutenant Ed Traxler (played by Paul Winfield way back when), Sarah’s roomie Ginger (Bess Motta in the ’84 film) and, yep, even Pugsley the Iguana, return. So, yep, we’ll likely get to see Schwarzenegger back in the leather jacket and cool sunglasses he wore in the original. And, of course, Kyle Reese (Courtney) volunteers to go back to 1984 and save Sarah – just as he did first time around. But don’t expect everything to work out like it did in the original.. something is going to play out different.

And then, we’ll also be taken back to the events of the sequel. The scene where the T-1000 (played by Robert Patrick in “Terminator 2 : Judgement Day”), posing as a cop, visiting John Connor’s home, where he meets – and consequently kills – foster parents Todd (Xander Berkeley) and Janelle (Jenette Goldstein), is in there. As are several other key moments.

And then we’ll be going back to moments we haven’t seen on film before – such as scenes with young Sarah and her parents.

Obviously, revisiting these events is intentional. As is usually the case with a film using the alternate timeline device, obviously something hasn’t gone right (maybe the Terminator succeeds in killing Sarah this time, around? I don’t know – just guessing) or something that happened in the past has greatly changed the future, meaning Connor’s resistance crew from the future have to ‘go back’ again. I’m not privy to all the why and how – just the when’s at the moment.
Old 03-03-14, 11:47 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

.....not liking this. I'll be amazed if it works out.
Old 03-03-14, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 335 Likes on 251 Posts

Obviously, they're taking the JJ Abrams route to rebooting this franchise.
Old 03-03-14, 11:51 AM

Received 4,729 Likes on 3,205 Posts

Sounds dumb. Just continue where the last one left off. Or make a smaller scale movie and send back further in time to try and kill Sarah Connor's parents in the '60s.
Old 03-03-14, 11:54 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

This might have been a good idea 2-3 years after the original with the same players in place, but now? I think it's going to be dumb and/or confusing.
Old 03-03-14, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Groucho
This might have been a good idea 2-3 years after the original with the same players in place, but now? I think it's going to be dumb and/or confusing.
Yup.
Old 03-03-14, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,183 Likes on 922 Posts

I still think it's an interesting approach. Curious to see how they'll pull it off.
Old 03-03-14, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I think it's interesting too. Skeptical that they can make it work without it looking hokey though.
Old 03-03-14, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 396 Likes on 320 Posts

They should go back to the 1530's and try kill Sarah's great-great-great-great-great-great grandparents.
Old 03-03-14, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,867 Likes on 1,965 Posts

Originally Posted by Troy Stiffler
Ford is laid back and smokes a lot of pot.
Old 03-04-14, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wait wait... They're gonna go Back to the Future 2 style on this? That... Could be neat. Recreate scenes from the originals from different angles and such.

I wonder if they be clever enough to make to when you watch the originals, you can be like "oh, so future Kyle distracted the cops away from original Kyle in the department store..." or maybe a scene where new Kyle swings by the gun store directly after Arnold kills Dick Miller and grabs some weapons for himself before the cops show up.

Make it clever and I'll bite!
Old 03-04-14, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by SuckaMC
Wait wait... They're gonna go Back to the Future 2 style on this? That... Could be neat. Recreate scenes from the originals from different angles and such. I wonder if they be clever enough to make to when you watch the originals, you can be like "oh, so future Kyle distracted the cops away from original Kyle in the department store..." or maybe a scene where new Kyle swings by the gun store directly after Arnold kills Dick Miller and grabs some weapons for himself before the cops show up. Make it clever and I'll bite!
They'll probably be in the correct color grading unlike the Blu-Ray too. That kind if hyper-postmodern super-complicated story was fun in BTTF II, but in spite of how iconic it is, I'm wondering how many younger viewers have even seen the original, so that might be any iffy idea.
Old 03-04-14, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by hanshotfirst1138
They'll probably be in the correct color grading unlike the Blu-Ray too. That kind if hyper-postmodern super-complicated story was fun in BTTF II, but in spite of how iconic it is, I'm wondering how many younger viewers have even seen the original, so that might be any iffy idea.
To hell with the kids, it sounds cool to ME!

Maybe it'll foster some interest in the originals.
Old 03-04-14, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I saw Terminator 3 today. I enjoyed it.

I must admit however that Arnold looked kinda small compared to his previous terminator roles.

It's hard to imagine what he would look like in this new upcoming Terminator Genesis.
Old 03-05-14, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 182 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by Groucho
Old 03-17-14, 12:00 PM

JK Simmons to join cast?
Old 03-27-14, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,183 Likes on 922 Posts
Re: Terminator: Genesis (2015, D: Taylor) S: Emilia Clarke, Jason Clarke, Jai Courtne

So Schwarzenegger is going to be playing an aging T-800 in this film. Makes sense and is a good way to handle him being older rather than just trying to cover up the fact and trying to make him look younger or something. I'm pretty stoked about this film thus far, sounds like a lot of interesting things being tossed around with the time travel aspect and revisiting the other films from different perspectives.

While doing press for this weekend's action-thriller Sabotage, Arnold Schwarzenegger offered new details about Terminator: Genesis in an interview with MTV, revealing that there will be a younger T-800 model, and that these Terminators actually "age" in this franchise.

Arnold Schwarzenegger is returning as the T-800 in a sequel that is being described as a reboot, despite being 66-years-old. How is this possible? Since the actor was in his 30s at the time of the original and its sequel, the action icon explains that the skin of the cyborg ages just like a human being.

"Terminator deals a lot with time travel, so there will be a younger T-800, and then what that model does later on when it gets reprogrammed, and who gets a hold of him. So it will be all kinds of interesting twists in the movie, but I feel so good.

The way that the character is written, it's a machine underneath. It's this metal skeleton. But above that is human flesh. And the Terminator's flesh ages, just like any other human being's flesh. Maybe not as fast. But it definitely ages."

Production will begin at the end of April, under the direction of Alan Taylor (Thor: The Dark World). Earlier this month, the actor revealed how action-packed this sequel is, comparing it to Terminator 2: Judgment Day. When asked about how challenging it is to step back into this franchise at the age of 66, he had this to say.

"We start at the end of April. It will be challenging because it will be a new director, and it will be a really action packed movie. And sometimes it does get more difficult when you're 66 years old and doing this kind of action, versus when you're in your 30s or in your 40s."

He also commented on 2009's Terminator Salvation, the only movie in the franchise that was made without him, since it was during his term as the Governor of California.

"I was upset that I couldn't be in the fourth Terminator, because I was Governor. So they did the fourth one without me, it made me cry a little bit. But I did say, 'I'll be back,' so now I'm back again and it's going to be really terrific."

Terminator: Genesis also stars Jason Clarke as John Connor, Emilia Clarke as Sarah Connor, Jai Courtney as Kyle Reese and J.K. Simmons as a detective who has been following the original Terminator case for 30 years. We reported last week that J.K. Simmons is rumored to play Detective Vukovich, originally portrayed by Lance Henriksen in The Terminator, but that has not been confirmed.

It will be interesting to find out why the 'old' T-800 was sent back to when Sarah was younger, while the 'young' T-800 found itself in 1984. It sounds like there will definitely be some plot twists in the story.

Terminator: Genesis comes to theaters July 1st, 2015 and stars Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jason Clarke, Emilia Clarke, Jai Courtney, J.K. Simmons. The film is directed by Alan Taylor.
http://www.movieweb.com/news/arnold-...inator-genesis
Old 03-28-14, 02:48 PM

Re: Terminator: Genesis (2015, D: Taylor) S: Emilia Clarke, Jason Clarke, Jai Courtne

'Terminator: Genesis' Casting Shocker; Sequels to Be Filmed Back-to-Back! -

Attack the Block‘s John Boyega is no longer in the running for the lead in Terminator: Genesis, the franchise reboot for Skydance Productions and Paramount Pictures, instead Dayo Okeniyi has been set to star, explains Deadline.

The studio have made first plans to shoot three installments to put this saga to rest. The second and third films will be done back to back over nine months! The first film gets underway shortly in Louisiana.

Okeniyi, who co-starred in The Hunger Games and The Spectacular Now, will the son of Miles Dyson.

Doctor Miles Bennett Dyson (Joe Morton) was a major player in James Cameron’s 1991 Terminator 2: Judgment Day. He was the inventor of the neural-net processor which would lead to the development of Skynet, a computer A.I. intended to control electronically linked weapons and defend the United States, but which would later seize control of the world and launch a global war of extermination against humanity. – Terminator Wiki.

John Connor and his Terminator intercept Sarah Connor’s attempts to assassinate him, leading to a massive shootout and the eventual death of Dyson. As you may recall, he did have a kid, playing with a remote control car, who must have a integral role in Genesis.

The other leads were already set. “Game Of Thrones‘” Emilia Clarke is Sara Connor, Zero Dark Thirty’s Jason Clarke is her son John Connor, Jai Courtney is locked as Kyle Reese, and Arnold Schwarzenegger reprises his signature cyborg, in the time-travel saga that will be directed by Alan Taylor. The film has a July 1, 2015 released date.
Old 03-28-14, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/8qvO7zETYXc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Arnold appears to be in great shape.
Old 03-28-14, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 284 Likes on 180 Posts

Oh dear. Just go back to 1884 and kill her great grandmother already.
Old 05-02-14, 10:36 AM

Spoiler: How the Terminator Genesis screenplay connects to the original film:

Spoiler:
There is a scene in the script where, literally, we see the scene from the first TERMINATOR film where Arnold steps out, the punks threaten him, he rips Bill Paxton's heart out and takes his clothes and wanders off. And as soon as that scene ends, another Arnold Schwarzenegger who is older and beared and a very different version of the Terminator walks in from the side and plays another scene right at the scene of that first incident.

- See more at: http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/spoi....bpcjdM5S.dpuf
Old 05-02-14, 10:37 AM

EXCLUSIVE: Here is something that should create a geek frenzy. Paramount Pictures and Skydance Productions are setting the final major piece of the final trilogy of Terminator films. I’m told they are casting Matt Smith, who plays Dr. Who, in a major role that will grow in the second and third films.

Smith will join Game Of Thrones‘ Emilia Clarke (Sara Connor), Zero Dark Thirty’s Jason Clarke (John Connor), Jai Courtney (Kyle Reese), Day Okeniyi (Danny Dyson, son of the brainiac cyborg developer played by Joe Morton in Terminator: Judgment Day), and Arnold Schwarzenegger, who reprises his signature cyborg. The time-travel saga Terminator: Genesis is directed by Alan Taylor and has a July 1, 2015 released date. Smith is repped by UTA and Troika.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.