Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

The Chemical Brothers - Don't Think (February 1, 2012) Fathom Event

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-11, 09:04 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

The Chemical Brothers: Don't Think

"For nearly two decades, the Chemical Brothers “mind-bending” audiovisual live show has played to packed houses and festivals across the globe but it has never been captured on film. Until now.

NCM Fathom, Omniverse and EMI Music come together to present The Chemical Brothers Don’t Think in select movie theaters on Wednesday, February 1 for only one night. Originally captured in 2011, at the iconic Fuji Rock Festival in Japan, this event captures the synesthetic barrage of sound, film and light and the transforming effect it has on its audience. Fans will also be able to experience not only an incredible concert but gain access to never-before-seen behind the scenes footage from the Fuji Festival and an exclusive interview with Adam Smith, the concert’s director and visual creator of all of The Chemicals Brothers live shows.

Join us in movie theaters nationwide as we embark on a magical realist and psychedelic journey and feel the show in a whole new way.. The Chemical Brothers: Don’t Think comes to life on the big screen on Wednesday, February 1 at 7:30PM (local time) in movie theaters nationwide."

~

the film is also being mixed/released in 7.1 surround sound, so this should sound amAzing!

Chemical Brothers: Don't Think (Fathom Event Link)
Old 02-01-12, 09:28 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Re: The Chemical Brothers - Don't Think (February 1, 2012) Fathom Event

so did anyone see this?, sorry I didn't bump this thread before tonight.

What an amazing filmed live performance - director Adam Smith visually assaults the viewer just as much as the techno music that the Chems music is known to do. His implementation of not only showing the visuals from the stage but he edits, and weaves the light and animation in and around the crowd to dazzling, comedic and eerie effect - seeing this either inebriated or high might prove to be disasterous and/or seizure inducing. At times, the visuals become so hypnotic, the eyes become so transfixed to the screen, your body is reacting quite differently to the beat itself - the two young women two rows in front of me were nearly dancing out of their chairs. By the time the set concludes with 'Block Rockin' Beats' the filmmaker leaves all pretenses behind and just lets the visuals, editing and camera angles go completely spastic - as the song usually does at concerts and festivals. The only negative I had was the sound levels of the theater I saw this at, the bass seemed almost non-existent at times, the mix is great but it needed a lot more oomph. All in all though, this filmed concert sets the bar very high in capturing how a dance live act and specifically the Chemical Brothers show is both a cacophony of sound and image. Simply outstanding!

Last edited by Giles; 02-01-12 at 11:40 PM.
Old 02-02-12, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 449 Likes on 307 Posts
Re: The Chemical Brothers - Don't Think (February 1, 2012) Fathom Event

I wanted to see this, but there were no theaters in Hawaii.