Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Savages (D: O. Stone, S: Lively, Hirsch, Hayek, Travolta, Thurman, Del Toro) 2012

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Savages (D: O. Stone, S: Lively, Hirsch, Hayek, Travolta, Thurman, Del Toro) 2012

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-13, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts
Re: Savages (D: O. Stone, S: Lively, Hirsch, Hayek, Travolta, Thurman, Del Toro) 2012

Liked it. A little bit of tweaking and they could have had a great movie. Dump the narration. And fuck that ending. The "real" ending was ironic and felt real. Screwing with the narrative was a failure. Really liked the surfer-stringed score.
Old 08-06-13, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Savages (D: O. Stone, S: Lively, Hirsch, Hayek, Travolta, Thurman, Del Toro) 2012

Thanks for the bump.

This is the only Oliver Stone film I've yet to see. He has certainly fallen off a bit in recent years, but films like JFK, Salvador, Nixon, Born on the 4th of July (Cruise's best work), Platoon and Talk Radio left an indelible impression on me. Hell I even like Seizure, The Hand, NBK and Any Given Sunday.

Supermallet's response, amongst others, kind of scared me away, but the completist in me needs to watch this at some juncture.
Old 08-06-13, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts

If you have HBO, its currently making the rounds right now.
Old 08-06-13, 11:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
If you have HBO, its currently making the rounds right now.

Perfect. Thanks for the heads-up DJariya.
Old 08-07-13, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 182 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by JumpCutz
Thanks for the bump.

This is the only Oliver Stone film I've yet to see. He has certainly fallen off a bit in recent years, but films like JFK, Salvador, Nixon, Born on the 4th of July (Cruise's best work), Platoon and Talk Radio left an indelible impression on me. Hell I even like Seizure, The Hand, NBK and Any Given Sunday.

Supermallet's response, amongst others, kind of scared me away, but the completist in me needs to watch this at some juncture.
What about Wall Street, The Doors, U-Turn & Natural Born Killers?
Old 08-07-13, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I for one loved this movie. I went into it completely blind with no knowledge of the plot so maybe that helped.