Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

BOM Premiere Pass No More

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 11-06-11, 11:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I apologize if I am the last one to know this but I was at boxofficemojo and I see that you no longer need a subscription to see adjusted grosses. Does anyone know what the reason was for the change ?

I like that you can now view every movie from each year and you can see the adjusted gross for everything. What stood out to me was the difference in how films made their money back then. This may be common knowledge but with the huge second weekend drops now, it's staggering to see how small the opening weekends were and how they would go on to make 20 times that amount. Now you mostly only see that around the christmas break.

It's also this change in box office that made tracking The Dark Knight so much fun to track
Old 11-06-11, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Re: BOM Premiere Pass No More

Looks like they are owned by IMDB now. That would also explain all the BOM User Ratings going away.