Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Clash of the Titans 3, or Wrath of the Titans 2...

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-11, 09:23 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

Lotta faith that Wrath won't bomb, but I guess if it's that bad, they can always take the straight to DVD route. Maybe Shaft of the Titans this time around.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=83917

Clash of the Titans 3 Moving Forward
Source: The Hollywood Reporter November 2, 2011

Wrath of the Titans, the sequel to the 2010 remake, won't hit theaters until next March, but that hasn't stopped Warner Bros. from looking towards the future. The Hollywood Reporter has word that two of the second film's writers, David Leslie Johnson and Dan Mazeau, have been brought aboard to develop a third entry in the franchise.

Little is known about the plot of a third film at this stage, but the article suggest that Sam Worthington's Perseus will return, as will Toby Kebbell's Agenor, who is introduced in Wrath.

The first sequel is also set to star Ralph Fiennes, Liam Neeson, Danny Huston, Edgar Ramirez, Bill Nighy, and Rosamund Pike and will be released in 3D and 2D theaters on March 30, 2012.
Old 11-02-11, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts
Re: Clash of the Titans 3, or Wrath of the Titans 2...

Cool. I enjoyed the CotT remake and am looking forward to WotT. If the second is fun, I'd be down for a third.
Old 11-02-11, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Developments like this are normal, so in the (rare) case that Wrath of the Titans is a box office success, Warner can move the third into pre-production to lock in a March 2014 release date.

The first film did $163 million domestically and $330 million internationally. I personally don't see the domestic gross for round two being that high based upon two factors. First, the poor word-of-mouth the first film received (28% on Rotten Tomatoes). Second, Warner decided to do another 3D post-conversion despite the bad press the first one's 3D post-convert received.

International audiences are worse than us, so I expect it do well enough overseas for Warner to do a round three (with probably a lesser budget).
Old 11-04-11, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I might have minor interest in this if Wrath isn't the steaming Kraken-sized pile of shit the remake was.
Old 11-04-11, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,244 Likes on 855 Posts

I thought this was coming out next week under the title "Immortals."

I motion the third film be titled "Wrath of the Furies" so we can shorten if to "WTF!" I certainly hope it isn't titled "Clash Unto New Titans" ...