Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Dumb And Dumber To (2014, Farrelly Brothers) S: Carrey, Daniels

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Dumb And Dumber To (2014, Farrelly Brothers) S: Carrey, Daniels

Old 10-29-11, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Re: a true Dumb and Dumber sequel in the works w Farrelly's, Carrey & Daniels on boar

I don't think sequels have to top the original. As long as it's funny
Old 10-29-11, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts
Re: a true Dumb and Dumber sequel in the works w Farrelly's, Carrey & Daniels on boar

Hey, wanna hear the most annoying sound in the world?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0cVlTeIATBs?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 04-03-12, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 273 Likes on 176 Posts

From Comingsoon.net

Last summer, ComingSoon.net broke the news that Jim Carrey was in discussions with Bobby and Peter Farrelly to develop a sequel to their 1994 film Dumb and Dumber. Then, in October, it was revealed that Sean Anders and John Morris had come aboard to provide the screenplay. Today, at the junket for he and his brother's latest, The Three Stooges, Peter Farrelly says that not only is Dumb and Dumber 2 coming, it's set to begin production later this year.

"We're getting set to shoot 'Dumb and Dumber 2' in September," he says. "It's the first sequel we've ever done and we've got Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels back."

"We did not do 'Dumb and Dumberer,'" he continues. "That was a studio thing. So we've always wanted to do a sequel and finally Jim called up. Jeff always wanted to do it. We always wanted to do it. Jim was busy, but he called and said, 'We've got to do this thing again.' He had just watched 'Dumb and Dumber' and he said, 'This is the perfect sequel. Let's do it.'"
Old 04-03-12, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,356 Likes on 921 Posts

of course Jim called up. because he was actually funny in dumb and dumber and he hasn't had a good acting job in probably 10 years.
Old 04-03-12, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 182 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by Deftones
of course Jim called up. because he was actually funny in dumb and dumber and he hasn't had a good acting job in probably 10 years.
IMO I Love You Phillip Morris was very good. Definitely not commercial blockbuster material. Especially the scene where
Spoiler:
Carrey is having buttsex with another dude.
Old 04-03-12, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts

Eternal Sunshine was only 8 years ago.
Old 04-03-12, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by spainlinx0
Eternal Sunshine was only 8 years ago.
Old 06-20-12, 12:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, looks like you can stick a fork in this project.

According to sources, Carrey grew increasingly frustrated by New Line and Warner Brothers, who he felt showed a lack of enthusiasm regarding the project.

A sentiment seemingly reinforced by a statement exclusively obtained when ETOnline reached out to the actor's publicist for comment. In addition to confirming the story, Carrey exclusively tells ETOnline, "I would have thought Dumb and Dumber To was a no-brainer, after all it's implied in the title."
http://omg.yahoo.com/news/jim-carrey...012700384.html
Old 06-20-12, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 307 Likes on 229 Posts

The lack of "enthusiasm" he refers to is likely the salary they were willing to pay him to reprise his role.
Old 07-19-12, 03:29 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

and it may be back on! from Vulture (a Jeff Daniels interview with Jimmy Fallon)
He also confirmed that "Next week is a big week" for Dumb & Dumber To whose fate will be decided by the Time Warner execs. Apparrently, the Farrelly brothers are now working on a rewrite, and Jim Carrey is back on board
Old 07-19-12, 05:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is one of my favorite comedies of all time. Every time I go see a bad comedy, I have to watch this movie to remind me what a good comedy is. Good acting. Good direction. Great pacing. It has a fucking STORY. It has characters with dimension and nuance that aren't just vehicles for jokes. The jokes flow naturally out of the storyline. and it's not mean spirited in the least.
Old 07-19-12, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 307 Likes on 229 Posts

I am down with this if it gets made BUT I'm not holding my breath or getting too excited until I see it is in production.
Old 07-19-12, 10:54 AM
Cool New Member

After The Three Stooges, I really wonder if the Bros have the comedy bug still in them. That movie was complete and total garbage.
Old 07-19-12, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hall Pass was funny. That was them, right? Not their best, but definitely funnier than most of their recent output.
Old 07-19-12, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Superboy
This is one of my favorite comedies of all time. Every time I go see a bad comedy, I have to watch this movie to remind me what a good comedy is. Good acting. Good direction. Great pacing. It has a fucking STORY. It has characters with dimension and nuance that aren't just vehicles for jokes. The jokes flow naturally out of the storyline. and it's not mean spirited in the least.

Superboy, you hit the nail perfectly on the head. To me, it's reminiscent of comedies from the past, in the regard of the jokes flowing from the story...
Old 08-21-12, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 347 Likes on 247 Posts

Learn the Plot for the Dumb & Dumber Sequel

Ever since ComingSoon.net first broke the news that Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels were in discussions with Bobby and Peter Farrelly to develop a sequel to their 1994 film Dumb & Dumber, fans have been anxious to see the further adventures of Harry and Lloyd hit the big screen. Today, Digital Spy spoke with Bobby Farrelly who revealed a bit about the film's plot.

"I can tell you that there is no growth out of either one of them and it's 20 years later... these guys are in regular life and they're still basically children at heart,"
he said. "The story revolves around the fact that one of them may have sired a child. They want to go and find the child because he's having a kidney problem and he wants to ask him for one of his kidneys."

The original Dumb & Dumber represented one of Carrey's breakout comedy roles. The film was given a prequel in 2003 with Dumb and Dumberer: When Harry Met Lloyd, but without the creative involvement of the Farrellys.

Due to Daniels' commitment to HBO's "The Newsroom," the plan is for the Dumb & Dumber sequel to shoot in the spring of 2013.

Source
Old 08-21-12, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 271 Likes on 204 Posts

"You sold my kidney to a blind kid?!"
Old 08-21-12, 07:51 PM
En vacance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Doesn't matter what they do, they could be professional squirrel catchers, they could be professional gigolos, or professional club hoppers which had other SNL guys do moderately, these two had unsung chemistry together the likes of which have rarely been seen except for Prior/Wilder.
Old 09-26-12, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 273 Likes on 176 Posts

The Farrelly Brothers revealed the title of the film, "Dumb and Dumber To"

They also mentioned they are nearly done with the script and will be filming in the spring
Old 06-11-13, 08:35 AM

Received 4,514 Likes on 3,062 Posts

Dumb and Dumber To is up for grabs.

The planned sequel to one of the biggest comedies of the 1990s has been in the works for years at New Line Cinema. But now sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that New Line parent Warner Bros. is declining to move forward and will allow the project be shopped to other studios.

Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels are attached to reprise their starring roles, and Bobby and Peter Farrelly are back in the directors’ chair for a sequel that would see Carrey and Daniels hit the road to find Daniels’ illegitimate daughter for a kidney transplant. Brad Krevoy, Steve Stabler, Charlie Wessler and Bradley Thomas would produce.

The 1994 original, made when Carrey was just beginning his ascent to the A-list, cost $17 million to make and grossed more than $247 million at the time.

New Line made a prequel without the two stars, 2003’s Dumb and Dumberer: When Harry Met Lloyd, but a reunion proved elusive. Only in recent years have Carrey and Daniels finally agreed to return for a potential sequel.

Now, however, it is Warners that has lost interest.

Sources say the studio sees only limited upside in a follow-up and is unwilling to give it the greenlight, despite a budget in the low $30 million range. (The decision comes in the wake of the poor March performance of The Incredible Burt Wonderstone, the Steve Carell-Steve Buscemi comedy that incidentally had Carrey as a featured co-star and who drew rave reviews. That movie also cost in the $30 million range but grossed only $22 million domestically.)

The Farrellys now will seek a new financier and distributor for the project. If a suitor comes forward, New Line still would get a licensing fee and a share of backend.
Old 06-11-13, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,356 Likes on 921 Posts

Low upside? It's a $30 million flick that would probably easily coast past $100 million just on the names alone.
Old 06-11-13, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts

I never even heard about the Incredible Burt Wonderstone so that tells me it's the studio's fault it didn't do well. Title doesn't help. Given the cast I will check it out on Blu-ray.
Old 06-11-13, 02:37 PM
En vacance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wonderstone was wonderful.
Old 06-11-13, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I thought Wonderstone was a serviceable comedy with some heart. It wasn't a laugh-a-minute but I really enjoyed it and chuckled at quite a few scenes. Carrey was hilarious.

I'm really shocked WB is passing on this, but hopefully another studio sees potential. Or, maybe the Farrelly's script is just complete garbage.
Old 06-11-13, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,160 Likes on 2,036 Posts

Originally Posted by mcfly
... Or, maybe the Farrelly's script is just complete garbage.
Judging by the Farrelly's output the last 10 years or so I'd say that's entirely probable...eh, possible.

Even with Carrey and Daniels on on board I have very little faith in the Farrelly Bros. anymore.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.