Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Kill Bill Vol. 3 (D: Tarantino) - Rumors, news, etc.

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Kill Bill Vol. 3 (D: Tarantino) - Rumors, news, etc.

Old 02-09-18, 04:38 PM
Banned

Location: Conducting miss-aisle drills and listening to their rock n roll
Received 168 Likes on 126 Posts
Re: Kill Bill Vol. 3 (D: Tarantino) - Rumors, news, etc.

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
Uma was paid $12 million for Kill Bill vol. 2. How many tears am I supposed to shed because someone asked her to drive a car up to 40 (40!) mph?
I wouldn't minimize it. She got fucked up in an accident and has life long pain. I'd rather be a healthy nobody than a famous injured person. Would you swap lives with Harrison Ford? I honestly wouldn't. He fucked his leg up on The Fugative and he's suffered on it for the rest of his life...and then re-injured it on The Force Awakens! He's got millions. He could buy St. Moritz, but he wouldn't be able to ski down the mountain.
Old 02-09-18, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,189 Likes on 2,057 Posts

Originally Posted by brayzie
This is why it's hard to have seriously discuss topics, whether it be in the media, or on a message forum.

All you need to do is to read her description of the situation, her description of the car, and what she was told by a teamster about the car, and watch the footage, to see it was a dangerous situation.

You're minimizing and ignoring all that with "someone asked her to drive a car up to 40 mph?"

I don't see what her pay for that movie has anything to do with it. I'm sure she's paid to act, not to risk her health in situations that would be more suited for a stunt double.
I realize I’m being sarcastically glib about this. I’m sorry that she was injured on set, I wouldn’t want that to happen to anybody but this isn’t exactly the crime of the century. I have no doubt that Tarantino is probably a prick (at the very least I find him extremely annoying to listen to) but I don’t think this accident was done with any sort of malice on his part. It was just an accident. It’s no different than Stallone fracturing his neck on The Expendables, Harrison Ford breaking his leg on Star Wars, or Susan Backlinie breaking her ribs on Jaws. Unfortunate but it happens.

Making movies is a completely different beast from almost all other professions. Actors are asked to do some pretty unusual stuff for their roles, stuff that no other job would ask people to do. And yes, the more famous actors get BIG paydays to do it. The Kill Bill movies are pretty action oriented and Uma Thurman knew what she was signing up for. If she wants to stay completely safe she should stick to movies like Danergous Liaisons or The Truth about Cats and Dogs.
Old 02-11-18, 01:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 78 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
I realize I’m being sarcastically glib about this. I’m sorry that she was injured on set, I wouldn’t want that to happen to anybody but this isn’t exactly the crime of the century.
I never said it was the crime of the century. Did I even imply that it was criminal in nature, in my posts?

I don’t think this accident was done with any sort of malice on his part. It was just an accident. It’s no different than Stallone fracturing his neck on The Expendables, Harrison Ford breaking his leg on Star Wars, or Susan Backlinie breaking her ribs on Jaws. Unfortunate but it happens.
I agree. However, the issue of Tarantino withholding the footage from Thurman is questionable IMO. Like I said, that part of the article sounds more appropriate in a different article about actors suffering injuries or put in unsafe situations on the set of making a movie. It doesn't have to be written to make it look like the directors are criminals, but showcasing that high paid actors making movies isn't exactly a bed of roses either. I myself had no idea so many actors have suffered some pretty serious injuries on set.
Old 02-11-18, 06:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,151 Likes on 900 Posts

He had the footage and gave it to her when she asked for it. Tarantino claims she was denied it by Weinstein.

From the Deadline article where he responded. It sounds like that Maureen Doud who wrote the article did it with the intention of making him out to be the bad guy probably because he’s a big name.
TARANTINO: I figured that eventually it would be used whenever she had her big piece. Also, there was an element of closure. She had been denied it, from Harvey Weinstein, being able to even see the footage. I wanted to deliver it to her, so she could look at it. So she could see it and help her with her memory of the incident. I never talked to Uma about this, but I don’t exactly know exactly what caused the crash, and Uma doesn’t know exactly what caused the crash. She has her suspicions and I have mine. I thought, if I get this footage to her and she puts it out there in the world, that a crash expert can look at it and determine exactly what happened on that road.
Old 07-22-19, 12:27 PM

Received 4,557 Likes on 3,092 Posts

Talking to Josh Horowitz on the Happy Sad Confused podcast, writer-director Quentin Tarantino revealed that he’s still kicking around an idea for Vol. 3, and spoke to Uma Thurman about it as recently as last week:

“Me and Uma have talked about it recently, frankly, to tell you the truth. I have thought about it a little further. We were talking about it literally last week. If any of my movies were going to spring from my other movies, it would be a third Kill Bill.”
Kill Bill 3: Quentin Tarantino Offers a Brief Update about the Sequel | Collider
Old 07-22-19, 12:33 PM

Received 1,894 Likes on 1,118 Posts

I'll believe he will actually retire before I believe he'll actually make this.
Old 07-22-19, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,721 Likes on 1,878 Posts

He's said he'll make ten movies and then retire...

1. Reservior Dogs
2. Pulp Fiction
3. Jackie Brown
4. Kill Bill
5. Death Proof
6. Inglorious Basterds
7. Django Unchained
8. Hateful Eight
9. Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
10. Star Trek?

He could fuzzy up the math here, though, and throw out Jackie Brown because it's an Elmore Leonard movie. Then throw out Death Proof because it's part of Grindhouse and not a complete movie. And, like Jackie Brown, Star Trek is a Star Trek movie.

So he's down to seven movies. Kill Bill 3 could also be said to be an extension of Kill Bill, so he can throw that one out as well.

And he still has three open slots for his "ten and done" plan...
Old 07-22-19, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,299 Likes on 943 Posts

No way they'll​ let him do an R-rated Star Trek.
Old 07-22-19, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,020 Likes on 811 Posts

Originally Posted by TomOpus
The current TV Series is TV-MA at times
Old 07-22-19, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,190 Likes on 916 Posts

If he were to retire then doing that Star Trek film would be a great way to go out with. Science fiction. Hell, he did TWO westerns back-to-back. Outside of a horror film (From Dusk till Dawn does not count) Star Trek makes better sense.
Old 07-22-19, 08:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by TomOpus
I’m really not convinced it couldn’t happen. If he wants to do it like Paramount would really turn him down? They aren’t exactly producing a lot of big hits and Tarantino is a draw.

I’d totally be up for a Kill Bill Volume 3 or whatever it would be called. It seems like Tarantino is still sticking with ten films as when he’ll be done though.
Old 07-22-19, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

Who even has the rights to Kill Bill now that the Weinstein company doesn't exist anymore?
Old 07-23-19, 07:37 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,020 Likes on 811 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Who even has the rights to Kill Bill now that the Weinstein company doesn't exist anymore?
Kill Bill was a joint production with Miramax and A Band Apart, so it's either beIN Media Group, Tarantino himself or Studio Solutions Group.
Old 07-23-19, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
He could fuzzy up the math here
I don't see how since he proudly announces the chronological number of each his movies in the opening titles. My personal feeling though is he's going to pretend like he never said that and keep making more movies since he's still at the top of his game.
Old 07-23-19, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 945 Likes on 719 Posts

Originally Posted by rennervision
My personal feeling though is he's going to pretend like he never said that and keep making more movies since he's still at the top of his game.
Ding ding! The correct answer!

Oh sure, he may take some time off (it was six years between Jackie Brown and Kill Bill), but he'll be back after film #10, with some blustery excuse.
Old 07-23-19, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

What good filmmaker aims to make only 10 movies? Sounds like Chris Evans wanting to walk away from a paying role in order to art or something.
Old 12-10-19, 02:34 PM

Received 4,557 Likes on 3,092 Posts

Is “Kill Bill Vol. 3” going to be the last feature film Quentin Tarantino directs? The filmmaker recently joined Andy Cohen for a radio interview and confirmed a third installment in the Uma Thurman-led franchise is “definitely in the cards.” Tarantino said in July he was still in talks with Thurman about the project and added, “If any of my movies were going to spring from my other movies, it would be a third ‘Kill Bill.’” But Tarantino sounded even more confident about “Kill Bill Vol. 3” during his interview with Andy Cohen.

“I just had dinner with Uma Thurman last night,” Tarantino told Cohen. “We were at a really cool Japanese restaurant. I do have an idea of what I would do with [‘Kill Bill Vol. 3’]. That was the whole thing, conquering the concept. What has happened to The Bride since then? And what do I want to do?”

Tarantino added, “I didn’t just want to come up with some cockamamie adventure. [The character] doesn’t deserve that. The Bride has fought long and hard. I have an idea now that could be interesting. I still wouldn’t do it for a little bit. It would be at least three years from now. It is definitely in the cards.”

The “Kill Bill” director has long been outspoken about wanting to continue the series with a trilogy-ending third installment. Tarantino once said his plan for “Vol. 3” was to focus on the now-adult daughter of Vernita Green (Vivica A. Fox) as she pursues vengeance against Thurman’s Beatrix Kiddo/The Bride for killing her mother. Figuring out where The Bride is years after “Vol. 2” appears to have been a challenge for Tarantino, but it sounds like he’s finally cracked it and has brought Thurman into the loop.

Tarantino just picked up a Golden Globe nomination for Best Director and Best Screenplay thanks to his most recent release, “Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.” The film is expected to earn multiple Oscar nominations. Tarantino has remained committed to his plan to retire from feature filmmaking after his 10th movie, which means he’s got one project left. Tarantino said last month fans should expect a delay between “Hollywood” and his 10th movie.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/I8RDp9mw3JQ" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
https://www.indiewire.com/2019/12/qu...ay-1202196130/
Old 12-10-19, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 825 Likes on 546 Posts

A. I hope he’s not done
B. I hope KB3 never happens.
Old 12-10-19, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

I would still love him to do something completely different, that's why the Star Trek thing appealed to me. And it would be nice if it didn't have Leo or Sam Jackson in it.
Old 12-10-19, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,403 Likes on 1,028 Posts

As the KB movies are the only ones of his that really appeal to move (Basterds was amusing. Once.) I would be down for a well made KB 3, as long as the story had some meaning to it.
Old 12-10-19, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by milo bloom
As the KB movies are the only ones of his that really appeal to move (Basterds was amusing. Once.) I would be down for a well made KB 3, as long as the story had some meaning to it.
At one point it was his intention to have the daughter of Verneta come back to hunt down Kiddo, to complete the circle. I guess it would be called Kill Beatrix at that point.
Old 12-10-19, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by Toddarino
A. I hope he’s not done
B. I hope KB3 never happens.
A) I hope he does do KB3
B) I loathe Andy Cohen
Old 12-10-19, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,721 Likes on 1,878 Posts

He's always talking up these sequels that never happen.

Remember Vega Brothers and Inglorious Basterds 2 (or prequel, or whatever he held onto the unused scenes for)?

So far, he's never made one sequel to any of his movies.
Old 12-10-19, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I feel like if he would do a sequel a Kill Bill Volume 3 would be it though. I think for the fact that there are already two volumes and it makes the most sense as a follow-up. As much as I’d watch a Vega brothers movie or a sequel to Basterds they feel like unneeded sequels.
Old 12-10-19, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,168 Likes on 4,198 Posts

Originally Posted by Daytripper
A) I hope he does do KB3
B) I loathe Andy Cohen
This x 1000

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.