DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Alvin and The Chimpmunks: Chipwrecked (I hate you, Fox) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/593463-alvin-chimpmunks-chipwrecked-i-hate-you-fox.html)

Solid Snake 08-08-11 10:46 PM

Alvin and The Chimpmunks: Chipwrecked (I hate you, Fox)

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pobsYK5OS88" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I was going to make a thread on this cuz of the teaser we got from Capt. America but I forgot...so here it is.

Fuck you, Fox.

fitprod 08-09-11 03:39 AM

Re: Alvin and The Chimpmunks: Chipwrecked (I hate you, Fox)

Originally Posted by Solid Snake PAC (Post 10883206)
<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pobsYK5OS88" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I was going to make a thread on this cuz of the teaser we got from Capt. America but I forgot...so here it is.

Fuck you, Fox.

Fox accountant, "801 million world wide, 802 million world wide, 803 million world wide, 804 million world wide... Who the hell is Solid Snake PAC?"

:p

fitprod

islandclaws 08-09-11 10:30 AM

I could have gone at least a couple of months without knowing this existed.

Then you had to go and make a thread, so...

fuck you.

;)

TGM 08-09-11 10:35 AM

My 2.5 year old triplets friggin LOVE the Chipmunk movies... it keeps them quiet, therefore I love the Chipmunk movies. BRING IT ON.

Jaymole 08-09-11 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by TallGuyMe (Post 10883531)
My 2.5 year old triplets friggin LOVE the Chipmunk movies... it keeps them quiet, therefore I love the Chipmunk movies. BRING IT ON.

So does Duct Tape...BRING IT ON DUCT TAPE!!!!

Solid Snake 08-09-11 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Jaymole (Post 10883559)
So does Duct Tape...BRING IT ON DUCT TAPE!!!!

:banana:.....:sad:

RocShemp 08-09-11 12:17 PM

The first film was (barely) watchable. The sequel was refined excrement. No way in hell am I sitting through the third.

Rob V 08-09-11 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by RocShemp (Post 10883656)
The first film was (barely) watchable. The sequel was refined excrement. No way in hell am I sitting through the third.

You have kids, right? RIGHT?? You sat thru these steaming piles because you wanted to and not because you had to take the kids?

With the plethora of garbage kids movies these days, I put my foot down anymore. No Smurfs, no Chipmunk sequels and no more Dogs Vs. Cats or whatever that crap was... but I'd certainly never see these by myself.

Groucho 08-09-11 12:32 PM

Somehow they got the "I'm a Mac" guy to take time from his busy schedule to return as the voice of Alvin.

RocShemp 08-09-11 01:21 PM

I sat through the first due to nostalgia, Rob V. The second had a cute trailer and I hoped they'd fixed the missteps of the first. Instead, the first is Casablanca compared to the sequel.

Solid Snake 08-09-11 06:03 PM

I thought the Chipmunks were annoying when I was a kid. No way am I seeing something I don't want to see...not w/ my money. Never want to have an experience like Bad Teacher again..piece of crap.

resinrats 08-09-11 06:13 PM

Remind me never to move to where you guys live since they apparently hold guns to your heads and force you to watch these movies.

bluetoast 08-09-11 06:26 PM

I still cannot believe one of the movies had a trailer where a Chipmunk left a turd on a table.

Solid Snake 08-09-11 06:45 PM

Here's the teaser I saw before Captain America actually....

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DOa9xjdvomk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

islandclaws 08-09-11 07:12 PM

Snake, you seem to both hate and love this franchise. You deride it one post, then unleash another teaser. What gives? Admit it, you are going to see this movie.

DeanoBKN 08-09-11 07:17 PM

Take a deep breath, come to the understanding that these types of movies are not for you, and go on with your life.

Groucho 08-09-11 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by bluetoast (Post 10884085)
I still cannot believe one of the movies had a trailer where a Chipmunk left a turd on a table.

You left out the best part -- one of them eating it.

Anubis2005X 08-09-11 08:27 PM

Chimpmunks?

Solid Snake 08-09-11 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by KillerCannibal (Post 10884129)
Snake, you seem to both hate and love this franchise. You deride it one post, then unleash another teaser. What gives? Admit it, you are going to see this movie.

It's my duty as a forum member to give you a heads up on the shit we get in our cinema climate of sorts.

AnonomusBob15 08-09-11 08:46 PM

out of sight, out of mind.

Hokeyboy 08-09-11 09:04 PM

Looks good. can't wait

MrSmearkase 08-09-11 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Dean Kousoulas (Post 10884132)
Take a deep breath, come to the understanding that these types of movies are not for you, and go on with your life.

Indeed.

Michael Corvin 08-09-11 11:24 PM

I thought the first was enjoyable enough. The second? Well, it's not worth discussing. :lol: Smurfs looks terrible.

RocShemp 08-10-11 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin (Post 10884324)
I thought the first was enjoyable enough. The second? Well, it's not worth discussing. :lol: Smurfs looks terrible.

Pretty much. As I said before, the first was watchable. It had a lot of problems (the unfunny turd gag and pisspoor pacing, for instance) but I got through it will little fuss and some genuine enjoyment in parts. I had mistakenly assumed the sequel would be better (the cute teaser and lack of turd gags in the ads had me fooled) and instead found it worse in every conceivable way. Unless the third gets some stellar reviews, there's no way I'll even rent it or watch in on TV.