DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Zoo Keeper (2011) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/593419-zoo-keeper-2011-a.html)

grim_tales 08-07-11 01:37 PM

Zoo Keeper (2011)

Just saw this today on a group outing I went on.

Zoo Keeper: 2/5

What initially begins as a lame Dr. Dolittle rip off, or at least it's mirror image, turns into a kind of comedy romance. Zookeeper Griffin (Kevin James) still cant get over his ex Stephanie (Leslie Bibb) dumping him 5 years ago, so seeks his zoo's animals advice for help to win her back. Unfortunately, Stephanie just wasnt what he thought he wanted....
The celebrity voiced animals are amusing but you can see that ending coming a mile off...
I thought that
Spoiler:
Even though Griffin is painted as a nice loveable bloke, isnt he a bit of a tosser for essentially using hot co-worker Kate (Rosario Dawson) to win Stephanie back? I think it would have been more realistic if Kate had gone away and was annoyed with him. and THAT was what made him realise he loved Kate instead.

whoopdido 08-07-11 01:45 PM

Re: Zoo Keeper (2011)

Originally Posted by grim_tales (Post 10881590)
Just saw this today on a group outing I went on.

Zoo Keeper: 2/5

What initially begins as a lame Dr. Dolittle rip off, or at least it's mirror image, turns into a kind of comedy romance. Zookeeper Griffin (Kevin James) still cant get over his ex Stephanie (Leslie Bibb) dumping him 5 years ago, so seeks his zoo's animals advice for help to win her back. Unfortunately, Stephanie just wasnt what he thought he wanted....
The celebrity voiced animals are amusing but you can see that ending coming a mile off...
I thought that
Spoiler:
Even though Griffin is painted as a nice loveable bloke, isnt he a bit of a tosser for essentially using hot co-worker Kate (Rosario Dawson) to win Stephanie back? I think it would have been more realistic if Kate had gone away and was annoyed with him. and THAT was what made him realise he loved Kate instead.

I just read your spoiler. Are you really complaining about lack of realism in a movie about talking zoo animals?

JumpCutz 08-07-11 01:50 PM

A Zoo Keeper thread? :eek:

grim_tales 08-07-11 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by whoopdido (Post 10881595)
I just read your spoiler. Are you really complaining about lack of realism in a movie about talking zoo animals?

Fair point! ;)
It wasnt a particularly good film IMO anyway.

foofighters7 08-07-11 06:03 PM

It's the type of movie that makes me laugh in a bad 'hate the world' kind of way.

The trailer for this piece of tripe is hilarious, not because it's actually funny but because it's so terrible. I know people who like this crap. These people...these are not my type of people.