Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

THE SITTER (2011) (dir. David Gordon Green) (Jonah Hill, Sam Rockwell)

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

THE SITTER (2011) (dir. David Gordon Green) (Jonah Hill, Sam Rockwell)

Old 12-10-11, 04:30 PM

Re: THE SITTER (2011) (dir. David Gordon Green) (Jonah Hill, Sam Rockwell)

For the record, Pat, your review is so far the most positive one I've seen. Then again, I haven't read Armand White's critique so who knows.
Old 04-09-12, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Just saw this and thought it was terrible. Only laughed at the beginning for all the wrong reasons
Old 01-07-15, 12:18 AM

Re-watched The Sitter a while back - hilarious & offensive (to some, not me) film; I think you may appreciate this more if you've seen & liked the late '80's comedy Adventures in Babysitting (which The Sitter is definitely an homage to), but you could still appreciate & enjoy the film without being familar with that other movie.

Like AiB, I liked how the film presented an exaggerated contrast between the "safe" suburbs and the "dangerous" big city...

One of my favorite scenes in the film is when JH runs into an old high-school class-mate in that clothing store (this actress was later in "Orange is the New Black").
Spoiler:
She recognizes him as the kid who got drunk & spewed in her late grandmother's urn at a H.S. graduation party. Hill initially denies this, but then she says that he ran away "like a little b%$^%$" when confronted - Hill, without skipping a beat, says very matter-of-factly, "No I didn't - I probably just ran away like a normal person."