Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Green Lantern Corps (2020) - News, Rumors, etc.

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Green Lantern Corps (2020) - News, Rumors, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-13, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,121 Posts
Re: Green Lantern 2: Oan Boogaloo (2014?) - News, Rumors, etc.

Originally Posted by SuprVgeta
Not that I necessarily agree with all four of your points, but you left off:

5. Blake Lively gets nekkid.
Nope. She needs to go too. Mark Strong is the only physical actor other than Bassett as Waller that should remain. Oh, and Geoffrey Rush as the voice of Tomar-Re

Blake

Last edited by Giantrobo; 08-26-13 at 05:45 PM.
Old 08-26-13, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 622 Likes on 480 Posts

I'm indifferent towards Blake Lively. She wasn't bad but she really didn't get much to do either.

Bassett was excellent casting as Waller but then the film did nothing interesting with her. She should have been the DC movie universe equivalent of Nick Fury. Except, instead of seeking to unite all these heroes, she would be seeking to find ways to control or exploit them. That would be a great way to introduce the Suicide Squad.

Geoffrey Rush was great as Tomar-Re but like Mark Strong as Sinestro and the rest of Oa, they were all cast aside for a lukewarm Earth based story.

I actually think Reynolds was fine as Hal (even if he was written as a merge between Hal Jordan and Kyle Rayner). Give him a better script and he'd be fine.

And no to a reboot. Enough with the damn reboots. Just make a sequel that spends at most 15 minutes on Earth. 10 for establishing Hal as the Green Lantern of Earth before he goes off into space for an entire adventure off planet. The last 5 minutes should simply be him returning home to Carol to tell her of his adventures.
Old 08-26-13, 10:20 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

They should do the Green Lantern films as an anthology series. The next film should be about John Stewart, the one after that about Guy Gardner, and the one after that about Kyle Rayner.

And then, hell, do one about Killawog.

Now that I think about it, that would be even better as a TV series.
Old 08-26-13, 10:43 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RocShemp
And no to a reboot. Enough with the damn reboots.
They could do it like Marvel did with The Incredible Hulk with the origin being retold in the first five minutes and then continuing on with the story. It was a good movie.

Originally Posted by Supermallet
They should do the Green Lantern films as an anthology series. The next film should be about John Stewart, the one after that about Guy Gardner, and the one after that about Kyle Rayner.

And then, hell, do one about Killawog.
Then one with G'nort and another with Ch'p.

Hey if Marvel is putting a raccoon on the screen, DC can surely put Ch'p up there too.

(For those that don't know who Ch'p is, he is a chipmunk Green Lantern.)

Old 08-26-13, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 622 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by taffer
They could do it like Marvel did with The Incredible Hulk with the origin being retold in the first five minutes and then continuing on with the story. It was a good movie.
I suppose that could work. And I do like The Incredible Hulk.
Old 08-27-13, 08:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by taffer

Then one with G'nort and another with Ch'p.

Hey if Marvel is putting a raccoon on the screen, DC can surely put Ch'p up there too.

(For those that don't know who Ch'p is, he is a chipmunk Green Lantern.)

Old 08-27-13, 09:01 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

He's back in the New 52:

Old 08-27-13, 09:05 PM
Banned

There's also Dex-Starr, the cat Red Lantern.

(Red Lanterns are powered by rage, so Dex-Starr is a joke based on the rage cat meme.)

Old 08-27-13, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,154 Likes on 901 Posts

Originally Posted by RocShemp
And no to a reboot. Enough with the damn reboots. Just make a sequel that spends at most 15 minutes on Earth. 10 for establishing Hal as the Green Lantern of Earth before he goes off into space for an entire adventure off planet. The last 5 minutes should simply be him returning home to Carol to tell her of his adventures.
Normally I agree about reboots, but in a case like this where the first film was such a major flop it's better to just start from scratch and reboot if you ask me. I'd be okay with the way Marvel did it with Hulk/The Incredible Hulk.
Old 07-11-15, 02:02 PM

Received 4,558 Likes on 3,093 Posts

The movie previously announced as Green Lantern will instead be Green Lantern Corps, Warner Bros announced at their San Diego Comic-Con 2015 panel Saturday. The film will presumably keep its June 19, 2020 release date, meaning it's still a bit off (and the current final film of WB/DCE's announced schedule).

Along with the film's name change, an image was shown featuring a large group of Green Lanterns, including multiple Earth-bound GLs, something rumors have been pointing to for the last few weeks.

No casting or crew information was released about the film.
http://comicbook.com/2015/07/11/gree...y-warner-bros/

Hearing it was announced Chris Pine is Hal.
Old 07-11-15, 02:04 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Future DC Cinematic Universe projects discussion thread - News, rumors, etc.

I searched but didn't see a thread for the upcoming Green Lantern movie. Apparently the movie isn't going to be titled just Green Lantern. It is now going to be titled Green Lantern Corps.

So I guess the recent rumors that Hal Jordan and Jon Stewart will both be in the movie might be true. Hopefully Ch'p will be in it too.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/07/...93798d2600000c
Old 07-11-15, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts
Re: Green Lantern Corps (2020) - News, Rumors, etc.

Right direction go with GL.
Old 07-11-15, 02:22 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah. We better get Guy Gardner. Hated him as a kid but Rebirth onward? I fucking love Guy Gardner. FUCK. I loved the Corps book. Was so much fun seeing that crew do their thang.

Last edited by Solid Snake; 07-11-15 at 05:58 PM.
Old 07-11-15, 02:22 PM

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts
Re: Future DC Cinematic Universe projects discussion thread - News, rumors, etc.

Originally Posted by kgrogers1979
I searched but didn't see a thread for the upcoming Green Lantern movie. Apparently the movie isn't going to be titled just Green Lantern. It is now going to be titled Green Lantern Corps.

So I guess the recent rumors that Hal Jordan and Jon Stewart will both be in the movie might be true. Hopefully Ch'p will be in it too.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/07/...93798d2600000c
You're two minutes late, dude.
Old 07-11-15, 02:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Brack
You're two minutes late, dude.
I got beat by a minute in the Batman v Superman thread as well.

Actually, I would have been first in this thread, but I searched and couldn't find it. I ended up posting it in the Future DC movie thread instead, and it looks like a mod moved it here.
Old 07-11-15, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

considering the success of GotG, I can see why they are doing this.
Old 07-11-15, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 809 Likes on 683 Posts

Originally Posted by Solid Snake
Yeah. We better get Guy Gardner Hated him as a kid but Rebirth onward? I fucking love Guy Gardner. FUCK. I loved the Corps book. Was so much fun seeing that crew do their thang.
I'll feel cheated if Guy Gardner isn't in the movie as well. I get the feeling we are going to get a lot more alien Lanterns and many female Lanterns.
Old 07-11-15, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts

Guy better be included in this movie. In regards to females GL, I only remember Katma Tui and the orange looking one that played a prominent role in the comics. Is there more?
Old 07-11-15, 05:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by LorenzoL
Guy better be included in this movie. In regards to females GL, I only remember Katma Tui and the orange looking one that played a prominent role in the comics. Is there more?
Considering there are 7,200 Green Lanterns, I am sure there are a lot of female Lanterns out there. The Corps can't be that much of a sausagefest...

Seriously though, there are few "named" Green Lanterns that are major characters. The vast majority of them are basically "red shirts." So they can create as many as the story needs...
Old 07-11-15, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts

There's plenty to cull from and this could work as an ensemble pic with Chris Pine leading.
Old 12-05-15, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 218 Likes on 165 Posts

Hal Jordan & John Stewart Confirmed for ‘Green Lantern Corps’?

What is going on with Green Lantern Corps.? We've heard little about this DC Comics reboot. And for good reason. It is one of the final films in Warner Bros.' current superhero movie line-up. And it won't hit theaters until 2020. But a new piece of concept art shown off at a fan convention may finally have our answer as to who the lead characters will be.

There are many, many Green Lanterns in the DC Comics upon which this particular Justice League spinoff is based. And it has long been rumored that we'll see at least two main characters. Most believe these two will be Hal Jordan, played by Ryan Reynolds in the 2011 bomb Green Lantern, and John Stewart, who has never been seen in a live-action feature film. This new art seemingly confirms that we'll get this pairing when the movie finally arrives five years from now.

Concept art for Green Lantern Corps. was shown off at this year's Comic-Con in San Diego. But it was a blink and you missed it moment that came and went quickly during Warner Bros. and DC's giant Hall H panel. Until now, there has not been a solid description of what was depicted in this brief sneak peek. Now, that same art has been spotted at Professional Cinema Days in Sorrento, Italy.

Warner Bros.' plan has always been to feature at least two human Green Lanterns in their reboot. But nothing has ever been confirmed by the studio. And they were fairly quiet in announcing that it would even be called Green Lantern Corps., a title that hints at multiple lead characters. According to CineFilos, Hal Jordan and John Stewart were the two characters shown as part of the presentation. Here is a translation of what they had to say.

“"Hal Jordan and John Stewart will be deployed together in the DC / Warner film. That has become more concrete following the Warner panel during the Professional Days of Cinema in Sorrento. A featurette was shown at the event, of the DC universe in progress and the movies. And among other things, we have seen a concept of the Green Lantern Corps in which stood out clearly these two characters."

Sadly, we do not have a look at the art in question. Way back in January, before SDCC this year, actor Tyrese Gibson shared fan art depicting the actor as John Stewart from the Green Lantern comic books. Ever since then, he has been actively campaigning for the role through his social media platforms, even teasing that he has met with Warner Bros. for the coveted role in Green Lantern Corps. At this time, we haven't heard of anyone confirmed to be in talks for this role.

Lance Gross has also thrown his hat into the ring for this coveted role. But since he started an online campaign in August, we've heard little to nothing on that front. There was also a rumor from June that claimed Chris Pine was in contention to play Hal Jordan, alongside whoever lands the John Stewart role, but that turned out to be false. Chris Pine signed on to play Steve Trevor in another Warner Bros. superhero movie, Wonder Woman. That film is currently filming. What do you think? Are we getting both Hal Jordan and John Stewart in Green Lantern Corps.? As this was official concept art, it seems very likely.

Green Lantern Corps. comes to theaters June 19th, 2020.

http://movieweb.com/green-lantern-co...-john-stewart/
Old 12-05-15, 07:12 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Shit. I forgot about this thing.
Old 01-12-17, 12:37 PM

Received 4,558 Likes on 3,093 Posts

EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros and DC are moving aggressively on a new screen version of Green Lantern. They’ve set David Goyer to write the script with Justin Rhodes for Green Lantern Corps, with Goyer producing and with DC heads Geoff Johns and Jon Berg exec producing. The new version is described as Lethal Weapon in space, and it’s based on a comic book origin story. The focus will be on two characters: Hal Jordan and John Stewart. The latter is an African American Marine sniper before he joined the Lantern Corps and the story very much focuses on his relationship with Jordan and the Corps. The story was conceived by Goyer and Johns.

It’s unclear whether the studio would reengage with Ryan Reynolds, who starred in the disappointing first film and is soaring with Deadpool and working on its sequel. They will get a script and move quickly to get a director, so this project now has a beating heart.

Beyond his pedigree as scripter of superhero series that includes the Dark Knight series and most recently Batman V Superman, Goyer recently signed on to script a virtual reality project based on Star Wars. He is repped by WME.

Rhodes, whose script work includes the upcoming Guillermo del Toro-directed Fantastic Voyage remake (on which Goyer is exec producer), is repped by WME and Madhouse.
http://deadline.com/2017/01/green-la...dc-1201884133/
Old 01-12-17, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

David Goyer ugghh, pass.
Old 01-12-17, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts

Goyer!?! Fucking come on, Warner!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.