DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Who do you have to kill to get a Major Motion Picture made of you?? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/591442-who-do-you-have-kill-get-major-motion-picture-made-you.html)

Buttmunker 06-02-11 11:25 AM

Who do you have to kill to get a Major Motion Picture made of you??

Forget all those Made-For-TV and Direct-To-Video movies about killers. While some are pretty good and some outright suck balls, they weren't in the movie theaters! Shit, even Manson wasn't made into a theatrical movie, and he's the complete epitimany of evil!

Of all the serial and mass murderers out there, David Fincher decided to make a film about the Zodiac Killer. Nobody even knows who it was! David, why that series of crimes, when there are better subject matters out there to tackle.

Oh, I forgot. They did make a movie about the Boston Stranger, starring Tony Curtis and Henry Fonda. That wasn't a bad flick.

But I just wish there were Grade-A quality films out there, instead of the ones found in the bargain bin.

And even some of the better quality Made-For-TV movies aren't even available to own! Where's "Murder In The Heartland" starring Tim Roth as Charles Starkweather?

I kind of hope David Fincher, with his great talents, decides to return to the same realm as Zodiac. He could really do a great series of films on notorious figures. I'm sure he'd be bored, doing the same shit, different killer, but a guy can hope.

Buttmunker 06-02-11 11:28 AM

Re: Who do you have to kill to get a Major Motion Picture made of you??

...and before you throw me the documentary film "Manson," remember it wasn't a movie. Also, forget about that one by Spike Lee about Son of Sam. That film was horrible, and it hardly had anything to do with David Berkowitz. Hardly.

d2cheer 06-02-11 11:31 AM

:why:

islandclaws 06-02-11 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Buttmunker (Post 10799175)
Forget all those Made-For-TV and Direct-To-Video movies about killers. While some are pretty good and some outright suck balls, they weren't in the movie theaters! Shit, even Manson wasn't made into a theatrical movie, and he's the complete epitimany of evil!

Would you say he has a plethora of evil?

riotinmyskull 06-02-11 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by Buttmunker (Post 10799181)
...and before you throw me the documentary film "Manson," remember it wasn't a movie. Also, forget about that one by Spike Lee about Son of Sam. That film was horrible, and it hardly had anything to do with David Berkowitz. Hardly.

the film is called SUMMER OF SAM and it's about how the Son of Sam effected NYC not about Berkowitz himself. also, it's brilliant.

sauce07 06-02-11 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by riotinmyskull (Post 10799192)
the film is called SUMMER OF SAM and it's about how the Son of Sam effected NYC not about Berkowitz himself. also, it's brilliant.

:thumbsup:

Ash Ketchum 06-02-11 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Buttmunker (Post 10799175)

Of all the serial and mass murderers out there, David Fincher decided to make a film about the Zodiac Killer. Nobody even knows who it was! David, why that series of crimes, when there are better subject matters out there to tackle.

Oh, I forgot. They did make a movie about the Boston Stranger, starring Tony Curtis and Henry Fonda. That wasn't a bad flick.

But I just wish there were Grade-A quality films out there, instead of the ones found in the bargain bin.

And even some of the better quality Made-For-TV movies aren't even available to own! Where's "Murder In The Heartland" starring Tim Roth as Charles Starkweather?

I kind of hope David Fincher, with his great talents, decides to return to the same realm as Zodiac. He could really do a great series of films on notorious figures. I'm sure he'd be bored, doing the same shit, different killer, but a guy can hope.

Well, First Officer Murdoch killed a couple of passengers and they made one of the top boxoffice films of all time about him. I'd have thought that would have made you very happy.

PopcornTreeCt 06-02-11 12:06 PM

You could start knocking off celebrities. That would make for an interesting movie.

Nick Martin 06-02-11 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt (Post 10799233)
You could start knocking off celebrities. That would make for an interesting movie.

I have no desire to ever see a movie about Robert Bardo. Not unless it included his being stabbed 11 times by a death-row inmate many years later. Of course he survived that but it would make for a good ending.

dugan 06-02-11 12:19 PM

Kill a violent gangster. The Assassination of Jesse James by The Coward Robert Ford.

Solid Snake 06-02-11 12:21 PM

you could suck somebody's dick, buttmunker. I'm sure someone will take you seriously when you do that. Show them your dedication...

JumpCutz 06-02-11 12:25 PM

Epitimany of Evil: Buttmunker Unchained

Crocker Jarmen 06-02-11 12:30 PM

Does From Hell count as a "Grade-A quality films out there, instead of the ones found in the bargain bin"? What about In Cold Blood or Monster?

Nice to see appreciation for the fantastic Summer of Sam.

RocShemp 06-02-11 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Solid Snake PAC (Post 10799264)
you could suck somebody's dick, buttmunker. I'm sure someone will take you seriously when you do that. Show them your dedication...

Sheesh. You'll say anything to get Buttmunker to go down on you. -ohbfrank-

Gunde 06-02-11 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by riotinmyskull (Post 10799192)

No it's not. It's a clumsy and sloppy soap opera. In other words: a complete mess.

Bobby Shalom 06-02-11 01:19 PM

Badlands - Charles Starkweather
Targets - Charles Whitman
Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer - Henry Lee Lucas
M - Peter Kürten
10 Rillington Place - John Christie

This was just off the top... I think you'll find there are many many more

Solid Snake 06-02-11 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by RocShemp (Post 10799288)
Sheesh. You'll say anything to get Buttmunker to go down on you. -ohbfrank-

I know. You're a hard one to get. I don't mind working at it though...one day...one day, my friend.

majorjoe23 06-02-11 01:40 PM

Ed Gein got Silence of the Lambs, Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Psycho. All based 100% on his life.

Navinabob 06-02-11 02:09 PM

It appears Mandi from Mean Girls 2 is pretty popular; perhaps if someone killed her you'd land a movie deal.

SuckaMC 06-02-11 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Ash Ketchum (Post 10799216)
Well, First Officer Murdoch killed a couple of passengers and they made one of the top boxoffice films of all time about him. I'd have thought that would have made you very happy.

Bravo! Bravo!

Btw, that was a smear job!

arminius 06-02-11 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Bobby Shalom (Post 10799361)
Targets - Charles Whitman

This was just off the top... I think you'll find there are many many more

Never heard of that. But The Deadly Tower was a great TV movie on Whitman.

Poink 06-02-11 05:56 PM

JFK.

Think big.

Dr Mabuse 06-02-11 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by d2cheer (Post 10799186)
:why:

:lol:

Exactly what I was thinking.

NoirFan 06-02-11 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Buttmunker (Post 10799181)
...and before you throw me the documentary film "Manson," remember it wasn't a movie.

Uh, so documentaries aren't movies? What are they then, exactly?

Solid Snake 06-02-11 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by NoirFan (Post 10799921)
Uh, so documentaries aren't movies? What are they then, exactly?

Only if it's not animated, more than 2 hours, and are rated R...that's what a movie is...that's what they tell me.