DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Hangover III (2013, D: Phillips) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/591429-hangover-iii-2013-d-phillips.html)

RoyalTea 06-01-11 07:18 PM

Hangover III (2013, D: Phillips)

http://www.getthebigpicture.net/blog...-go-ahead.html

Matthew Chmiel 06-01-11 07:31 PM

Re: Hangover III

So far, Part II has taken in $202 million worldwide within its first six days. Warner has already broke even due to the film's modest budget of $80 million.

Did anyone expect anything different?

Sorraffy 06-01-11 08:16 PM

Meh, I'll be skipping 3 .... I got my fill with the first two and it started dulling once 2 ended.

E Unit 06-01-11 08:45 PM

If they change up the formula and not have them blackout and lose someone, I'd pay matinee to see them do fucked up things again.

RoyalTea 06-01-11 08:51 PM

Maybe it'll be a prequel and will tell the story of Phil's bachelor party.

CharlieK 06-01-11 09:52 PM

The Hangover Part II is structurally similar to the first movie — Bradley Cooper, Ed Helms, and Zach Galifianakis gather for a wedding, then have to piece together a blackout night — but Todd Phillips wants to go in a totally different direction for the inevitable trilogy-ender. "I have an idea [for the plot], but the idea is just an idea," he told Vulture last night at the movie's premiere. "It's not even something I've talked about with the guys." How much would Phillips dare to shake things up in a successful franchise? "My idea is serious. Deadly serious," he promised. "It will not revolve around a wedding, and it will not revolve around a forgotten night, I'll tell you that much. It's just a different structure. We'll see." That's right: No more weddings, which will surely come as a disappointment to actress Jill Hennessy, who told us that she hoped a third movie would find Galifianakis's Alan tying the knot with Heather Graham's character from the first Hangover. "Alan will never get married," Phillips laughed. "Alan's asexual. If he doesn't know that by now, he's in trouble."

Vulture

Also....

The Wrap, via tracking-board.com, reports that Craig Mazin has been hired to write the film… which means we know the ending of it! Last week I interviewed Craig and he told me how he wants to end the film, which he thinks should finish the series:

I think the third movie ends with Doug staring at a row of crosses in a graveyard. It’s everyone – his wife, his family is dead, everybody from the first movie is dead. Somebody shows up and tells him his dog is dead.

Badass Digest

Matthew Chmiel 06-01-11 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by CharlieK (Post 10798586)
I think the third movie ends with Doug staring at a row of crosses in a graveyard. It’s everyone – his wife, his family is dead, everybody from the first movie is dead. Somebody shows up and tells him his dog is dead.

... and considering his wife is pregnant during the events of Part II, I'd pay to see that movie if made even if Part II was lackluster.

jeffkjoe 06-02-11 11:27 AM

If they wanted to be COMPLETELY lazy, all they would have to do is fill in the following blanks:

Hangover III

Celebrating the nuptials of ______________, the Wolf Pack wakes up in exotic _________, only to find out they have mispaced _____________.

I say, fill it in with: Zach Gallafinakis's wedding, exotic Rio de Janeiro, and they have misplaced Zach's dad.

But of course, Todd Phillips said that wouldn't happen.

islandclaws 06-02-11 11:35 AM

Meh, I'm sure I'd watch it. They better shake it up big time, though. I don't need another BTTF comedy series, where we get the same jokes & scenarios in different locales.

Anubis2005X 06-02-11 11:36 AM

Sigh, not every movie needs to become part 1 of a trilogy...

Groucho 06-02-11 11:38 AM

:|<span style="display:none;">text</span>

Raul3 06-02-11 12:36 PM

I was hoping for Tijuana and a donkey show. :(

Dr. DVD 06-02-11 12:41 PM

They need to do something with the wives of the Wolfpack guys, and have Christina Hendricks be a part of the group of women just for all of the neat stuff she could do while drunk. ;)

Solid Snake 06-02-11 01:10 PM

...Christina Hendricks acting all fucked up and partying? I'd be down for that.

Goat3001 06-02-11 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Anubis2005X (Post 10799195)
Sigh, not every movie needs to become part 1 of a trilogy...

It does when the the first two movies make as much as these two have. Or that's what every studio head would say at least.

I wonder how they'll work the "hangover" part in if the story doesn't involve them waking up after a blackout and figuring things out about the night before.

Mike86 06-02-11 02:13 PM

I fully expected them to make a third one and I look forward to seeing it. Yes, maybe Part II wasn't as great as the original but I still enjoyed it as I like seeing these characters interact with eachother.

Dr. DVD 06-02-11 03:32 PM

Maybe what someone said in the reviews thread will happen; they wake up having had sex change operations! Gotta admit, it would be a way around shelling out the bucks to get the cast back together. ;)

madcougar 06-02-11 04:48 PM

This movie reeks of Austin Powers. By the time the third one came around they had completely killed any joy I'd ever derived from the first one.

Solid Snake 06-02-11 04:58 PM

...but it still made money, no? I'm honestly asking....I think it made more money than 2. 1 for sure wasn't hot till video.

tylergfoster 06-02-11 06:11 PM

I'm very interested to see what Phillips' supposedly way different idea is.

Also, I like how the way The Wrap phrased their piece (unless it was a joint interview) makes it sound like the interview was not actually by Badass Digest.

Giantrobo 06-02-11 07:42 PM

Bridesmaids II will kick its ass.

islandclaws 06-09-11 01:23 PM

A snippet from Rolling Stone's interview with Zach Galifianakis:

"They want to do a Hangover III," he says. "I'm getting fricking phone calls already." According to what he's heard, the plot ditches the format of the first two and focuses on his character escaping from a mental institution with help from the wolf pack.

RichC2 06-09-11 01:36 PM

That'd be great, start off with getting wasted at Alan's wedding, and end as a prison heist movie breaking him out of a mental institute.

It could be like Toy Story 3, but, you know, funny and entertaining. (I'm still odd man out on that one.)

tylergfoster 06-09-11 03:18 PM

Phillips has already said Alan will not get married (saying he's "asexual") and there will not be a wedding in the movie.

RichC2 06-09-11 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by RichC2 (Post 10810601)
That'd be great, start off with them getting wasted and end as a prison heist movie breaking Alan out of a mental institute.

^ Noted and fixed.