DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Gotti (2018) D: Kevin Connolly, S: John Travolta (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/590633-gotti-2018-d-kevin-connolly-s-john-travolta.html)

Rypro 525 05-10-11 11:43 PM

Gotti (2018) D: Kevin Connolly, S: John Travolta

Given the cast thats already been announced, i'm surpised there hasn't been a thread
from the Wrap
Al Pacino is getting back to a life of crime.
The actor who was twice nominated for the Academy Award for playing mobster Michael Corleone in "The Godfather" movies, has joined the cast of "Gotti: Three Generations."

He'll play Gambino crime family underboss Neil Dellacroce.

The esteemed actor joins John Travolta, who is playing John Gotti, Kelly Preston, who's playing Gotti's wife and Joe Pesci, who's playing a Gotti lieutenant.

Lindsay Lohan also is a member of the cast.

Barry Levinson is directing and, with James Toback, is rewriting the script.

Fiore Films acquired rights to the story from John Gotti Jr., the "Dapper Don's" son -- who spent time in prison and was a "made man" before he decided to leave the family business.

Marc Fiore is producing.

Production is expected to begin in late fall, with a theatrical release in late 2012. The film will be shot in New York.

JumpCutz 05-10-11 11:47 PM

Re: "Gotti: 3 Generations" D:Levinson Travolta, Pacino, Preston, Pesci, Lohan 2012

I like everything about this project except the Travolta/Preston casting and the title. Interesting casting Pacino as Dellacroce, he doesn't seem right for for the part physically, but we'll see.
I wonder who'll play Paul Castellano?

Rypro 525 05-11-11 12:16 AM

Re: "Gotti: 3 Generations" D:Levinson Travolta, Pacino, Preston, Pesci, Lohan 2012

http://www.freeinfosociety.com/media/images/1126.jpg
I can kinda see a young Pacino pulling off that look, not now unless they do some heavy makeup

Groucho 05-11-11 12:41 AM

I thought Lohan was dropped from the cast?

Rypro 525 05-11-11 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by Groucho (Post 10766020)

that Wrap article was written today, so i assume she's still in.

Sean O'Hara 05-11-11 01:40 AM

Originally Posted by Rypro 525 (Post 10766003)
I can kinda see a young Pacino pulling off that look, not now unless they do some heavy makeup

Looks more like DeNiro.

GoldenJCJ 05-11-11 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Groucho (Post 10766020)

Originally Posted by Rypro 525 (Post 10766024)
that Wrap article was written today, so i assume she's still in.

I look forward to hearing daily updates from the set about Lindsay's erratic behavior and her eventual firing from the project.

JumpCutz 05-11-11 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Rypro 525 (Post 10766003)

According to the article Pacino isn't playing Paul Castellano (pictured above)

He's playing Neil Dellacroce aka "The Tall Guy"

http://www.lossoprano.tv/images/mafi...dellacroce.jpg

Solid Snake 05-11-11 12:28 PM

if she acts up, I dunno if Travolta and Pacino would put up w/ it.

Dr. DVD 05-11-11 05:42 PM

Who's playing Gotti Jr?

lamphorn 05-11-11 05:42 PM

The fact that Stuttering John is one of the producers makes me doubt this will ever happen. Looks like they're doing all this publicity as an attempt to raise a budget. I wonder how the victims of this family feel about a Godfather-esque glorification of a murderer.

William Fuld 05-11-11 05:49 PM

This has "camp classic" written all over it.

StephenX 05-11-11 08:40 PM

Pesci? I'm in! I miss this guy so much!

JumpCutz 05-11-11 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by StephenX (Post 10767256)
Pesci? I'm in! I miss this guy so much!

Does he amuse you?

http://www.porhomme.com/wp-content/u...-how-pesci.jpg

DeanoBKN 05-11-11 10:48 PM

Bing! Pow! Puon! Pan! I thought he was gonna shit!

Dr. DVD 05-12-11 06:02 PM

Apparently Levinson's re-write with Toback may be excising Lohan's role. I read she was actually hired by Nick Cassavetes, and Levinson is aware of her antics and wants to ensure they don't cause problems. No better way than to drop the character!

Guess once you get a horrific rep. in Hollywood it will follow you forever until someone takes a leap of faith and you don't fuck it up.

wm lopez 05-12-11 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Solid Snake PAC (Post 10766513)
if she acts up, I dunno if Travolta and Pacino would put up w/ it.

Can't wait to see Travlota & Pacino in a scene together.
This should have happened in the 1980's.

Dr. DVD 05-12-11 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by wm lopez (Post 10768642)
Can't wait to see Travlota & Pacino in a scene together.
This should have happened in the 1980's.

"Al Pacino!!!"

He can't do that in this movie, but you can't tell me people won't be thinking it.

Hokeyboy 05-12-11 10:09 PM

I wonder if there are gonna be supporting roles for Pammerlerr Anderson and Nikkerless Cage...

dex14 05-08-13 05:29 AM

Mobster biopic Gotti is getting a second life.

Veteran filmmaker Joe Johnston (Captain America: The First Avenger) has come aboard to direct the film for Fiore Films' Marc Fiore and Radar Pictures' Ted Field, while Relativity Media has snapped up U.S. distribution rights. Gotti also will be heading to Cannes, where IM Global will shop the project to foreign buyers.

Gotti stars John Travolta as the famed Gambino crime family head John Gotti Sr., nicknamed the "Dapper Don." The movie has been a longtime passion project for Travolta.

"I'm looking forward to portraying John Gotti -- it's been a long time coming. And I think that Johnson is an exciting and fresh addition to the vision of the film. We are all looking forward to starting production," Travolta said in a statement.

Added Johnston: “I think we’ve always been fascinated with the idea of the romantic outlaw. John Gotti could be in one instance a charismatic, kind and loving family man, and in another, deadly to his enemies. The opportunity to tell the true story of Gotti with John Travolta is a director’s dream.”

Johnston is set to begin filming in New York on Sept. 9. The movie is based on a story by John A. Gotti -- Gotti's son -- with an original screenplay by Leo Rossi and revisions by Lem Dobbs.

Gotti has been in the works for several years, going through several incarnations. At one point, the project made headlines when Lindsay Lohan joined the cast, only to drop out.

Fiore and Field are producing with Thomas Devlin and Michael Froch. Mike Weber and Thomas E. van Dell of Radar Pictures are executive producing alongside IM Global's Stuart Ford and Jonathan Deckter, and Russ Faber and Randi Michel.

“We are very excited that Joe Johnston is onboard, along with Relativity Media and IM Global. With this dynamite team, we feel we have put together a production that understands the magnitude and history of this great story, not just in front of but also from behind the camera," Fiore said.

Tarantino 05-08-13 06:10 AM

That title sounds awful.

RichC2 05-08-13 07:26 AM

I read it as Gotti 3: Generations, it makes it sound like a bad 1980s STV sequel.

dex14 05-08-13 07:47 AM

It's an old thread... I'm sure theyll change the title.

JumpCutz 05-08-13 07:59 AM

Teflon Dawn

Crocker Jarmen 05-08-13 11:47 AM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gyQym-MKi8Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>