Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Fast Five (Fast & Furious 5) -- The Reviews and Comments Thread -- Opens 4/29/11

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters
View Poll Results: What did you think of Fast Five?
Loved it! Bring on the sequel
60.00%
Thought it was good, not great.
17.50%
Meh. It was just alright
6.25%
Didn't hate it, but was disappointed
0%
Thought it sucked.
1.25%
Not interested in seeing this. I was drawn to this thread by unknown forces
8.75%
Will wait until home video to see it. Too lazy/cheap to see it in theatres.
6.25%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Fast Five (Fast & Furious 5) -- The Reviews and Comments Thread -- Opens 4/29/11

Old 05-08-11, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Fast Five (Fast & Furious Five) -- The Reviews and Comments Thread -- Opens 4/29/

Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
Since you didn't bother seeing this movie. Your comment goes under the:

pile.
Yeah I wouldn't waste my time watching this crap.

But unfortunately I've seen more than my fair share of Paul Walker "perfomances".
Old 05-08-11, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 80 Likes on 66 Posts
Re: Fast Five (Fast & Furious Five) -- The Reviews and Comments Thread -- Opens 4/29/

Originally Posted by JumpCutz View Post
Yeah I wouldn't waste my time watching this crap.
Okay whatever man. I don't get why you even bothered wanting to chime into a movie review thread for something you have no interest in seeing.
Old 05-08-11, 02:43 PM
Banned

This is coming from a guy that hated the franchise as whole. This film at least was overall solid. I liked it and will buy it on BD at some point.
Old 05-08-11, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 9 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
Okay whatever man. I don't get why you even bothered wanting to chime into a movie review thread for something you have no interest in seeing.
Old 05-09-11, 02:19 PM

this movie could (and should) have been twenty minutes shorter and R-rated
Old 05-09-11, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll agree that it could have been shorter but I thought it was extreme enough as a PG-13 rating plus the one f-bomb was used effectively.
Old 05-09-11, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

I agree. I don't see how the movie would have benefited from having a R rating.
Old 05-09-11, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 63 Likes on 45 Posts

I thought it was borderline R to begin with.
Old 05-09-11, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Noonan View Post
I agree. I don't see how the movie would have benefited from having a R rating.
oh that's a DVDTalk 'inside' joke.

oh and I thought the finale car chase was insane - on the ETX screen - the bass just kicked.
Old 05-21-11, 12:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Just got around to seeing this tonight. Enjoyed it immensely just like all the other ones but I found it odd that the characters (especially Brian) had such a blatant disregard for human life in this one. I mean I know they are criminals but I don't remember them killing so wantonly in the previous movies. They were just wiping out innocent bystanders left and right GTA style in the car chase safe scene. Just strange for someone to go from being a cop to slaughtering tons of people without giving a fuck.
Old 05-21-11, 01:19 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Maxflier View Post
Just got around to seeing this tonight. Enjoyed it immensely just like all the other ones but I found it odd that the characters (especially Brian) had such a blatant disregard for human life in this one. I mean I know they are criminals but I don't remember them killing so wantonly in the previous movies. They were just wiping out innocent bystanders left and right GTA style in the car chase safe scene. Just strange for someone to go from being a cop to slaughtering tons of people without giving a fuck.
have you seen the interview w/ the screenwriter?
Old 06-06-11, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is perhaps the best dumb action movie since Bad Boys 2. I think it helped a lot that I didn't see a single trailer of this, so the cliff scene and the safe were both surprises for me.

I was shocked when I saw it was Lin who directed this. Good for him, he's improved a lot.
Old 06-12-11, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Finally got around to seeing Fast Five this weekend and thought it was pretty good. It felt more like "The Italian Job 2" than the rest of the movies in the series, but it was fun to see a lot of the old characters back together again. Loved the cameo at the end and can’t wait to see how the next one plays out.
Old 07-26-11, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I attempted to see this back in April with my friend, and it was sold out in the second weekend. Finally we got to see this at the local Drafthouse and really enjoyed it. We had only seen 1 and 2 prior to this....never got around to the rest, but will have to do that soon. Like everybody said, great action, and I personally loved 2 Fast 2 Furious (that was the first one I saw). Didn't know Ludacris was back, so I was happy with that, and obviously it was great to see Tyrese again. The Rock really fits perfectly into this franchise, and I hope to see more of his character. Awesome.
Old 05-17-12, 12:12 AM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I kind of love this.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5mY0ji1otH8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 05-17-12, 12:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts

^

I'll have to watch some of the other videos available:

Transformers: Just the Transforming
Kickboxer: Just the Kicking
Pulp Fiction: Just the Swearing
Old 05-17-12, 06:09 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 63 Likes on 45 Posts

I think all cars would be more fun to drive with that ridiculously loud shifting sound effect.