Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Daredevil 2 (Carnahan?) - News, Rumors, Cast

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-10, 06:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,244 Likes on 855 Posts
Re: Fox decides to reboot Daredevil

Originally Posted by dx23
Disney needs to get back all those characters. What others studios are doing is a complete disservice to Marvel since they are releasing films just so they don't lose the license instead of doing the film to tell a good story. Disney should buy back the rights to X-Men, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Spider-Man and Punisher before these greedy studios kill the superhero/comic book film genre with watered down, shitty versions of these characters.
Uh ... really?
Old 02-09-10, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 114 Likes on 101 Posts
Re: Fox decides to reboot Daredevil

Originally Posted by Sessa17
I'm shocked to see all the love the movie has received here (actually it doesn't suprise me given the films people rave about on this board).
Nah, DVDTALKers have worse taste in women than they do in movies.
Old 03-15-11, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 730 Likes on 532 Posts

David Slade Developing New 'Daredevil' Movie
The untitled project -- which Slade will direct -- will continue the 2003 movie that starred Ben Affleck
6:32 PM 3/15/2011 by Borys Kit

David Slade is in talks to develop and direct the new Daredevil movie, being made by 20th Century Fox and Regency. Peter Chernin's Chernin Entertainment will produce.

The so-far untitled project has no writer at this stage although the studio says it is aiming to make a movie that continues the story begun by the 2003 Ben Affleck movie. Affleck, however, is not involved in the new project.

As the DD project is still in the development stage, Slade’s next project is likely to the Phoenix Pictures’ period horror The Last Voyage of the Demeter. The lead role is not cast but Ben Kingsley and Noomi Rapace are attached to co-star.

Ugh... if they really want to continue it, they should have collaborated with the Wolverine people and it could have been a crossover. With Bullseye sent to Japan and getting infused with adamantium starting with Daredevil #196. They already fucked up Elektra enough that I would NOT want her in this sequel.
Old 03-15-11, 06:27 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Daredevil 2 (Slade) - News, Rumors, Cast

Has Hollywood ran out of new ideas? There are tons of newbies fighting to get their films made and here we are resurrecting a flop.
Old 03-15-11, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by SuperJim88
Has Hollywood ran out of new ideas? There are tons of newbies fighting to get their films made and here we are resurrecting a flop.
I suspect it is only to hold on to the license.
Old 03-15-11, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Damn it! This is exactly the fear I have had, that Fox would do some rush job just so they could hold on to the rights. I hope First Class crashes and burns and they stop production on this movie.
Old 03-15-11, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't wait to never see it.
Old 03-15-11, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 347 Likes on 247 Posts

No Affleck no Daredevil 2
Old 03-15-11, 07:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by Sonic
No Affleck no Daredevil 2
Yeah, no Affleck, no sale!
Old 03-15-11, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

At least they aren't rebooting it.
Old 03-15-11, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

^At this point I don't see the harm.
Old 03-15-11, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

It wasn't much of a flop, it did manage to make more then it's production budget and probably did well on DVD to warrant the release of the director's cut.

I enjoyed the original well enough; wouldn't mind seeing additional stories without a reboot, although honestly I don't think there's much interest for another movie or the character himself from the general public.
Old 03-15-11, 11:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by devilshalo
I suspect it is only to hold on to the license.
You can bet on it. If they don't make it soon, they lose it and it reverts back to Marvel.

That being said, like the Ghost Rider sequel...we are talking about a sequel to a film that did relatively well at the box office.
Old 03-15-11, 11:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's Marvel Films. They are wanting to remake/sequelize everything for their profit. I don't see them lasting long since their films (Iron Man 2, Captain America and Thor) all look terribly generic.
Old 03-16-11, 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt
It's Marvel Films. They are wanting to remake/sequelize everything for their profit. I don't see them lasting long since their films (Iron Man 2, Captain America and Thor) all look terribly generic.
Well, not really. Marvel films isn't making this film. Fox is the one deciding to make this film. Marvel just licenses out the property to Fox, and Fox can not make this movie if they want to, or not. Granted, if they don't...then Marvel gets the rights back if enough time passes.

The titles you mentioned are indeed Marvel movies...wholly funded and owned by Marvel (err...Disney really). The rest of them though...Marvel just gets a small percentage and pays nothing to get the movie made. They also don't really have creative control though.

Not that your point is necessarily wrong...if the rights did go back to them, they'd probably try and make it themselves.
Old 03-16-11, 12:14 AM

It's not Marvel Films; it's the rights holders of the characters that aren't under Marvel/Disney's control, i.e Sony(Ghost Rider/Spiderman,) and Fox(Daredevil, Fantastic Four, and X-Men.) Those two companies have to continually make films in-order to keep the rights, so when the cost of Spiderman 4 became too much for Sony, they rebooted to keep the rights via the cheapest means possible. That is also why there is no immediate X-Men 4 as Fox was worried that the budget would be too much and that the cast would have to re-negotiate their contracts. Hence they went out to make spin-offs that retained the rights.
Old 03-16-11, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jaeufraser
Well, not really. Marvel films isn't making this film. Fox is the one deciding to make this film. Marvel just licenses out the property to Fox, and Fox can not make this movie if they want to, or not. Granted, if they don't...then Marvel gets the rights back if enough time passes.

The titles you mentioned are indeed Marvel movies...wholly funded and owned by Marvel (err...Disney really). The rest of them though...Marvel just gets a small percentage and pays nothing to get the movie made. They also don't really have creative control though.

Not that your point is necessarily wrong...if the rights did go back to them, they'd probably try and make it themselves.
Oops. Didn't realize that about Daredevil.
Old 03-16-11, 01:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 165 Likes on 118 Posts

I personally thought Affleck wasn't half bad as Matt Murdock even if the movie around him was a bit schizophrenic. And he's only gotten better as an actor (see: The Town). A shame he couldn't DIRECT and be in DD2 actually....
Old 03-16-11, 03:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'd love a cross-over platform like they are doing for the Avengers. I'd like to see a New York series with Daredevil, Punisher and maybe Power-Man and Iron Fist added. 3 singles and one collaboration.
Old 03-16-11, 03:56 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just stop right there..it sounds bad already.
Old 03-16-11, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Hero

David Slade to direct next 'Daredevil' pic
Fox taps helmer for superhero feature
By Rachel Abrams, Marc Graser

Fox retained rights to the original "Daredevil," which starred Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck, by keeping the project in development.

David Slade has been tapped to put Daredevil back on the bigscreen for 20th Century Fox and Chernin Entertainment.

Fox introduced the Marvel Comics superhero at megaplexes in 2003, in an actioner that starred Ben Affleck as the blind lawyer-turned-vigilante who wears a red suit and wields a billyclub. Reviews were mixed at best.

Though the film wound up spinning off "Elektra" with Jennifer Garner, studio had hoped "Daredevil" would earn more than its $103 million domestic take and launch a series of sequels. Fox has been looking to redevelop the character since, but people close to the project say it's not a reboot per se -- more a continuation of the "Daredevil" saga. Studio has yet to hire a scribe, but writer would work closely with Slade.

Fox retained "Daredevil" rights by keeping the project in development over the years; had it not, rights would've reverted to Marvel Studios, which Disney acquired for $4 billion in 2009. Same goes for "Fantastic Four," for which Fox is eyeing new installments.

Though Daredevil doesn't rank as one of Marvel's most popular properties, character does have a following.

Created by Stan Lee and artist Bill Everett in 1964, Matt Murdock is a New York City lawyer who, after being blinded by radioactive material, finds his other senses heightened to superhuman levels and becomes Daredevil -- the "man without fear."

Slade has been considering several comicbook properties, including Fox's "Wolverine," but that gig wound up going to Darren Aronofsky ("Black Swan").

Slade most recently directed "The Twilight Saga: Eclipse," which earned $698 million at the worldwide box office. His credits also include Sony's "30 Days of Night" and Lionsgate's "Hard Candy."

Slade is attached to Phoenix Pictures' horror pic "The Last Voyage of the Demeter."

He is repped by WME and Anonymous Content.
Old 03-16-11, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Solid Snake PAC
Just stop right there..it sounds bad already.
my thoughts exactly... Now if we could just get an Elektra sequel!!!
Old 03-16-11, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Navinabob
I'd love a cross-over platform like they are doing for the Avengers. I'd like to see a New York series with Daredevil, Punisher and maybe Power-Man and Iron Fist added. 3 singles and one collaboration.
If they could get this cast together for a movie, I'd be there day one.

Daredevil: Affleck (I thought he was fantastic and it shows in the more sensical director's cut)
Punisher: Stevenson
Power-Man: Michael Jai White
Iron Fist: Ray Park
Old 03-16-11, 04:11 PM

Yup, I'd love to watch that and that's why it would have been great for Daredevil to revert. Having Daredevil and Punisher in the same flick against the Kingpin? Awesome.
Old 03-16-11, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by gmanca
Yup, I'd love to watch that and that's why it would have been great for Daredevil to revert. Having Daredevil and Punisher in the same flick against the Kingpin? Awesome.
Or against each other. They got a long history they could mine for ideas.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.