DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Headshot (Kramer, 2012) - Stallone as a hitman (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/587296-headshot-kramer-2012-stallone-hitman.html)

MrSmearkase 02-09-11 12:18 AM

Headshot (Kramer, 2012) - Stallone as a hitman

From The Hollywood Reporter;

In the film, Stallone's character teams with a young NYPD detective in a high-stakes investigation that leads from the dingy back alleys of New Orleans all the way to the power corridors of Washington, D.C.

The unlikely duo, brought together by two vicious murders, take on all who stand in their way, and are willing to sacrifice everything to exact revenge.
If Wayne Kramer brings half the energy forth that he put into Running Scared, I'm psyched. The concept of a hitman teamed with a cop is an interesting one, but I just hope that they cast the role of the cop well. Now that I think of it... Paul Walker could be a pretty good choice.

Solid Snake 02-09-11 12:30 AM

Re: Headshot (Kramer, 2012) - Stallone as a hitman

Never saw Running Scared...but...the premise for Headshot seems very interesting.

MrSmearkase 02-09-11 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by Solid Snake PAC (Post 10630730)
Never saw Running Scared

You should check it out some time, totally changed my opinion of Paul Walker, and I would really like to see something similar from him again.

Solid Snake 02-09-11 12:35 AM

It's not on BD yet...damn...

Matthew Chmiel 02-09-11 12:52 AM

IIRC, Running Scared is heading to Netflix Instant in the next few months; so it'll be worth your time to check it out then.

Completely underrated film.

JumpCutz 02-09-11 12:59 AM

Stallone as a hitman?

Yawn.

I can almost guarantee this won't end well despite Kramer's best intentions.

islandclaws 02-10-11 12:07 PM

I hated Running Scared. Walker's accent was so laughable, and his acting was terrible. So was the plot.

This sounds interesting, though.

sauce07 02-10-11 12:16 PM

I'm down for this just because I like Stallone. I thought Running Scared was good but it lost a lot of steam as it went on. I only saw it once 5 years ago, remember the first 20 minutes almost scene for scene and nothing after that.

RichC2 02-10-11 12:30 PM

Running Scared was one of those interesting bad movies, it was poorly made outside of the visuals and corny as hell with stilted acting/dialog in many spots, but the plot got so out of control that it was worth watching.

This could go either way, at least Kramer keeps casting leads that nobody expects much acting out of.

riotinmyskull 04-12-11 09:03 AM

Walter Hill is officially directing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why So Blu? 07-24-12 12:44 AM

Couldn't find any threads about this, so here's a bump. This is called "Bullet to the Head" now and I have a private screening pass for tomorrow evening, which I will not be able to attend due to it being a bitch of a drive. It's across town during rush hour traffic. I bummed.

Hopefully this gets some screenings closer by.

It's coming.

Tarantino 07-24-12 01:32 AM

That's such a "direct-to-video" title.

Why So Blu? 07-24-12 03:36 AM

Originally Posted by Tarantino (Post 11319956)

I like it better than Headshot. Headshot reminds me Killshot for some reason.

RocShemp 07-24-12 01:13 PM

Isn't this the movie that Thomas Jane got fired from because he's white? It had a different title at the time but the premise was the same and Stallone was the lead. I seem to recall that Joel Silver insisted buddy movies can't have two white guys and insisted on firing Thomas Jane in order to cast a "minority".

Why So Blu? 07-24-12 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by RocShemp (Post 11320527)
Isn't this the movie that Thomas Jane got fired from because he's white? It had a different title at the time but the premise was the same and Stallone was the lead. I seem to recall that Joel Silver insisted buddy movies can't have two white guys and insisted on firing Thomas Jane in order to cast a "minority".

You are correct.

bluetoast 07-27-12 03:20 PM

Didn't know anything about Walter Hill, but I saw 48 Hrs for the first time last night, looked through his filmography and coincidentally remembered this thread. Should be a fun time at least.

Dr Mabuse 07-27-12 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Tarantino (Post 11319956)

Or a John Woo title. One of those two.

Sonic 08-16-12 08:02 PM

Trailer

<object id="vid_82218d6ecbd2003f6541e4dd55ce01d3" class="ign-videoplayer" width="668" height="393" data="http://oystatic.ignimgs.com/src/core/swf/IGNPlayer.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"><param name="movie" value="http://oystatic.ignimgs.com/src/core/swf/IGNPlayer.swf" /><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /><param name="flashvars" value="url=http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/08/16/bullet-to-the-head-trailer"/></object>

RagingBull80 08-16-12 08:10 PM

The first of the trailer looked okay until the sidekick stuff. Eh.

And yes, they do still make records.

riotinmyskull 08-16-12 08:12 PM

looks like Hill is going to the STREETS OF FIRE well with that axe fight scene. doesn't look terrible but doesn't look good either. rental at best.

Matthew Chmiel 08-16-12 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by RagingBull80 (Post 11349525)
The first of the trailer looked okay until the sidekick stuff. Eh.

HOW DARE YOU SAY A GODDAMNED NEGATIVE WORD ABOUT HAN!

I thought the trailer looked okay. :shrug:

RagingBull80 08-16-12 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel (Post 11349556)
HOW DARE YOU SAY A GODDAMNED NEGATIVE WORD ABOUT HAN!

I thought the trailer looked okay. :shrug:

I'm sure it will be a fun action flick but the first of the trailer lead me to believe that it could have been more.

Also, I'm always hoping to see another performance from Stallone like the one he gave in Copland.

Why So Blu? 08-16-12 09:31 PM

I'm in. Can't wait for this! I just didn't care that they showed too much of it. The dude in the bar getting clipped and Christian Slater getting blasted on.

Anyhow - looks like savage R-rated fun!

Artman 08-16-12 10:33 PM

I figured it was going for some humor with the title(s) "Headshot" and "Bullet to the Head".. I didn't realize it was based on a graphic novel...so that makes more sense. Trailer looks fun, it doesn't look like a "good" movie in any sense, but will hopefully be sharp and enjoyable. Sort of a less serious "Street Kings" look and vibe. I do have to admit, it looks more interesting with Sung Kang... they can play up the younger, cross-cultural aspect. There wouldn't have been much difference (other than 20yrs) with Thomas Jane.

Sonic 08-16-12 10:43 PM

It looks cool...but my two complaints is the trailer giving away too much, and 2nd is some of the cheesy comedy dialogue. Other than that I'm a big Stallone fan so I will probably enjoy this. I hope...assuming there is more action than the trailer.