Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Mondo/Alamo Drafthouse Screen Printed Movie Posters

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Mondo/Alamo Drafthouse Screen Printed Movie Posters

Old 09-02-11, 01:33 PM

Received 90 Likes on 76 Posts
Re: Mondo/Alamo Drafthouse Screen Printed Movie Posters

Cool. I picked this up today (huge fan of BB). An artist through EB is selling them (along with a few others).

Old 09-02-11, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah! Just saw that one. It's tempting for sure. Such a great show. We watch it every week.
Old 09-07-11, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Mondo (via Twitter) just said that since it's the 30th Anniversary of An American Werewolf on London - it will be kicking off Fantastic Fest and they're also having Olly Moss do a poster

Last edited by JayDerek; 09-07-11 at 02:03 PM.
Old 09-07-11, 01:21 PM

Old 09-07-11, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hopefully they'll save back 10 or so copies so I can kill myself trying to get them via Mondo.

In other news....I picked up an AP copy of Tom Whalen's awesome DC Super Powers print today via Tom himself. Super excited to get it!
Old 09-09-11, 09:29 AM

Today's Mondo drop:

Poster by Tom Whalen. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 395. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $50

Poster by Jon Smith. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 120. Printed by D&L Screen Printing. $40
Old 09-09-11, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I really like the Dumbo, although it's much different that the Disney Whalen stuff thus far, but I just can't do anything with 24x36 prints at this point for storage. Passing, but not all that happy about it.

Speaking of which....finally got some of those Itoya 18x24 art portfolios and spent last night getting a bunch of my prints put into them. They look great! How do you guys store all your stuff?

Last edited by superfro; 09-09-11 at 09:43 AM.
Old 09-09-11, 09:41 AM

^ Yeah, I wish we'd see more 18x24 prints. Running out of wall space myself. Also, who would even hang that It's Alive print?
Old 09-09-11, 11:19 AM

Both prints are sold out. Dumbo lasted ~5 minutes. It's Alive ~15.
Old 09-09-11, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Geofferson
Also, who would even hang that It's Alive print?
If I had a useable guest room I'd put it in there. Cause I'm a dick.
Old 09-09-11, 12:17 PM

We’re Bringing The Mondo Mystery Movie To LA!
September 9th, 2011
Let’s have a talk…. it’s good news, though. Promise.

We are very proud to announce that we will be teaming up with the New Beverly Cinema in Los Angeles to do posters for special events and screenings. We have been big fans of the theater for years and are thrilled to be working with them on a regular basis. To celebrate this, we will be taking over the theater and programming a series of MONDO MYSTERY MOVIES on October 7, 8, 9. There will be two shows each day (6 total) and like all MMM’s, there will be a poster for each that you can only get at the event. Tickets will be going on sale for these events on Tuesday, September 13th. I’ll let you know the details on those Tuesday morning.

We are excited. These shows are going to be great and we look forward to meeting a lot of our LA fans the weekend of the 7th.

-Justin
L.A. people . . . here's your shot at gold.
Old 09-10-11, 11:56 AM

Has anyone had any experience with a damaged Mondo order? I just received my Monsters, Inc print, and there was a dent in the tube. It's created slight creases in the poster. There is also a very slight tear at the bottom. I'm not sure if either problem will be visible if it's framed, but for what it cost ($59 including the shipping), I'm not sure if I want to settle for less than perfect condition. I've contacted Mondo, but I wonder if they hold any stock on the limited editions for exchanges in a case like this.

Last edited by Dusty Bottoms; 09-10-11 at 12:26 PM.
Old 09-10-11, 12:03 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'd bring it up cuz it did cost you that much.
Old 09-10-11, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms
Has anyone had any experience with a damaged Mondo order? I just received my Monsters, Inc print, and there was a dent in the tube. It's created slight creases in the poster. There is also a very slight tear at the bottom. I'm not sure if either problem will be visible if it's framed, but for what it cost ($59 including the shipping), I'm not sure if I want to settle for less than perfect condition. I've contacted Mondo, but I wonder if they hold any stock on the limited editions for exchanges in a case like this.
Mondo was very quick to respond to my inquiry, but they don't have a replacement print for me. I just need to send them with photos of the damaged tube and the damage to the poster, and they are going to provide a return label and give me a refund. I can't fault their customer service so far, but I really liked the print. Even framed, I don't think I would be satisfied with it in this condition though, so I'm planning to send it back.
Old 09-10-11, 07:26 PM

Should be a variant from Sideshow right?
Old 09-12-11, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Sooo... Drew Struzan print is dropping tonight in LA at 10PM showing of Frankenstein at the New Beverly.

$285. 75 Available. It IS a 21 Color Screenprint though. Which is completely fucking insane and something I have never even heard of before (I though the 10-color Uncle Boonmee print was nuts).

Y'all can count me out at trying to get that however. I would think this would be the ULTIMATE Mondo print however. Way Waaaay too rich for my blood though at 300.

Jez Mondo, if you love LA so much, why don't you fucking leave Austin and go there? I can count the number of local drops in the past year (INCLUDING MMM showings) on one foot. Shit is unacceptable. The only things we get locally are the damaged shit no one wants lately. I've actually gotten the majority of Mondo prints for the last year/year and a half from the artists themselves because I really don't feel like camping out on the computer all morning.
Old 09-12-11, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The Struzan Frankenstein piece is a run of 325 though, so I'm sure the rest will be showing up as an online sale. That will totally wreck the site.
Old 09-13-11, 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by superfro
The Struzan Frankenstein piece is a run of 325 though, so I'm sure the rest will be showing up as an online sale. That will totally wreck the site.
I wonder though at $285. I think it might be a trigger for ebay scalpers, thinking it would be worth a lot of money because of the high price.
Wonderful poster though!
Old 09-13-11, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

The tickets for the LA show went up 40 minutes ago, the first show is sold out, however the whole site pretty much crashed since then. By the time I was able to get to the checkout, the 15 minutes given to make a purchase had elapsed.
Old 09-13-11, 08:46 PM

I am glad I didn't even try to mess with it. I don't think an LA trip for posters would have gone over with the wife even if I do have places to crash. Besides if there is a Stout I have to have it would probably be cheaper to get on eBay than flying out for 3 days and buying $450 in movie tickets.
Old 09-13-11, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I would buy that poster for 285, but not the inflated eBay prices we are sure to see. Oh well, time to get a new hobby.
Old 09-15-11, 03:08 PM

Friday's Mondo drop:

We're back with another Star Trek release! Available tomorrow is the Seven of Nine special art print we introduced at Comic-Con, as well as single versions of Seven's character from the Star Trek Voyager episodes Scorpion: Part 2 and The Gift. We had every confidence that Craig Drake was the perfect artist to capture Seven of Nine and we were overjoyed with his work.

Please follow us on Twitter for the on sale announcement. These posters will be for sale online at a random time on Friday, September 16th.

Poster by Craig Drake. 36"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 145. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $65

Posters by Craig Drake. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 130. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. Sold only as a set. $85/set
Old 09-16-11, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Sale is live for those that are intertested. Personally, I'm passing. I don't like this at all. I get that it's an homage to Nagel, but...
Old 09-17-11, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms
Sorry, I don't have PM privileges yet. If you haven't sent the Monster's Inc poster back already. I would love to buy it from you. I'll gladly pay the full $59 you spent. Let me know!
Old 09-17-11, 11:27 AM

Hey, I'm new to the forum and new to Mondo collecting. I was wondering if anyone can help me out. I'm looking for a few non-Mondo Tom Whalen prints. Namely, his Wizard of Oz, Star Wars: A New Hope and Dark Knight prints.

Any help would be appreciated!

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.