Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Any thoughts on the documentry It's All True

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-11, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I watched some of the documentary It's All True last night and was wondering if anyone else on here has seen this? I personally didn't find it that interesting. Being a film buff and Orson Welles fan, I was interested in the subject matter, but was disappointed to find out that the documentary was only the first half hour of the feature with the Four Men on a Raft sequence taking up the remaining 50 mins. I also didn't find the documentary portion that interesting. When the interviewees were talking about the film and working with Welles, I was interested, but when they were on other subjects, like samba or the musicians, my interest started going down. I plan on revisiting the film later this week, now that I know what I'm getting myself into, but I don't see myself hanging onto it. Thoughts?
Old 01-06-11, 12:49 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Any thoughts on the documentry It's All True

Orson got carried away with the whole party atmosphere of carnivale and lost his focus, I think. Who can blame him? Also, you have to bear in mind that people didn't know too much about South America at that point in history, and it would have been fascinating to see moving pictures from there. Still, there is some wonderful cinematography.
Old 01-06-11, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 696 Likes on 430 Posts

Some jackball here reviewed it.
Old 01-06-11, 08:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Numanoid
Orson got carried away with the whole party atmosphere of carnivale and lost his focus, I think. Who can blame him? Also, you have to bear in mind that people didn't know too much about South America at that point in history, and it would have been fascinating to see moving pictures from there. Still, there is some wonderful cinematography.
I already knew about all that prior to watching the documentary. I though the doc would elaborate on that, but instead it focused most of it's time on the Four Men on a Raft sequence. I agree that the cinematography in Four Men on a Raft is gorgeous, but other that that, I didn't find it very appealing.

Did Welles actually edit the Four Men on a Raft sequence after filming? I was always under the impression that it was never completed.

Originally Posted by Hokeyboy
I read the review. I just want to know what other people thought of it.