DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   What is the name of this movie regarding a Queen? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/583409-what-name-movie-regarding-queen.html)

nikolopez 12-13-10 08:37 PM

What is the name of this movie regarding a Queen?

A princess/queen of a Spanish speaking nation travels to England where she marries the prince/king and has to make the decision of going back to lead her country or remain there. She is represented in the movie as being very strong and prominent. It is not Queen Elizabeth. I do believe it is a recent movie and my descriptions may be off a little.

The movie is in color, has to be within the last 15 years, but I believe it to be within the last 10 years.

It is not these movies:

Queen Elizabeth: The Golden Age
Mary Queen of Scots
Elizabeth I

I specifically remember that it is regarding a spanish speaking princess or queen who travels to the United Kingdom and must choose which nation to lead.

nikolopez 12-13-10 08:56 PM

Re: What is the name of this movie regarding a Queen?

Originally Posted by Rockmjd23 (Post 10543109)
Alatriste? though it doesn't really match your description :)

The movie I am trying to find was in English and the protagonist was female royalty. Your suggestion is not it, but I really appreciate your reply!

The Bus 12-13-10 09:16 PM

Norbit, I think.

MrSmearkase 12-13-10 09:34 PM

King Ralph?

chowderhead 12-13-10 10:12 PM

Catherine of Aragon was a Spanish queen married to Henry the 8th. Maybe it was one of those movies or the Tudor's tv series.

nikolopez 12-13-10 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by chowderhead (Post 10543200)
Catherine of Aragon was a Spanish queen married to Henry the 8th. Maybe it was one of those movies or the Tudor's tv series.

I too thought that would be it, but it was not. The movie I am thinking of, the female royal protagonist is political in her Spanish country and must decide which country to rule. I now remember a detail of the trailer. When she moves to her new country (England or maybe France), I believe they make fun of her because she cannot even speak french.

She was made fun of in her Spanish country for being a woman and being political.

Supermallet 12-14-10 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by nikolopez (Post 10543094)
A princess/queen of a Spanish speaking nation travels to England where she marries the prince/king and has to make the decision of going back to lead her country or remain there. She is represented in the movie as being very strong and prominent. It is not Queen Elizabeth. I do believe it is a recent movie and my descriptions may be off a little.

The movie is in color, has to be within the last 15 years, but I believe it to be within the last 10 years.

It is not these movies:

Queen Elizabeth: The Golden Age
Mary Queen of Scots
Elizabeth I

I specifically remember that it is regarding a spanish speaking princess or queen who travels to the United Kingdom and must choose which nation to lead.

Why would someone think it's Queen Elizabeth? Neither one was Spanish. In fact, Queen Elizabeth was quite hated by Philip of Spain.

Sean O'Hara 12-14-10 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by nikolopez (Post 10543222)
I now remember a detail of the trailer. When she moves to her new country (England or maybe France), I believe they make fun of her because she cannot even speak french.

Marie Antoinette?

Groucho 12-14-10 09:22 AM

Queen did music for both Flash Gordon and The Highlander, so I'm sure it's one of those.

chuckd21 12-14-10 09:56 AM

The Queen.

You're welcome.

GoldenJCJ 12-14-10 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by MrSmearkase (Post 10543158)
King Ralph?

Dude, the OP asked for a movie about a queen. So, um, my guess is Queen Ralph.

nikolopez 12-14-10 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by chuckd21 (Post 10543702)
The Queen.

You're welcome.

Thank you for your reply, but that is not it.

GenPion 12-14-10 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by chuckd21 (Post 10543702)
The Queen.

You're welcome.

That would have been my guess too.

FinkPish 12-14-10 09:02 PM

Could it be EverAfter?

Norm de Plume 12-14-10 10:16 PM

Are you sure it isn't chowderhead's suggestion. Otherwise it might be one of these three films.
Nothing else seems to fit your description.