Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Only remember one scene - Can't think of the movie

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 12-03-10, 09:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've exhausted the knowledge I have for hunting down this kind of information... I was talking to a friend and I could remember a single scene from a movie but cannot for the life of me think of what movie it belonged to.

In any case, the scene is of a guard (I think), like a security guard for a company, and he's sitting in an office and a fly is buzzing around the room. The man pulled out his pistol and started trying to kill the fly by shooting at it. He blows away several things in the office until the fly lands on the end of his shoe. Of course, he takes the shot, but I don't think you get to see it, I think you just hear the shot and see an exterior of the building and hear him scream. I'm not 100% sure about any of the details here, but I'm hoping it's distinct enough to spark someone's memory. It's driving me nuts!

Anyways, if there isn't already a thread like this (sorry if there is), perhaps people can post the descriptions of some vague details of a movie they're trying to remember...

Thanks!
Old 12-03-10, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 754 Likes on 613 Posts
Re: Only remember one scene - Can't think of the movie

Toys (1992) with Robin Williams.

The General appears to have gone power-mad, as later on that evening, while sitting in his office, he attempts to take care of an errant fly by shooting it with a pistol...and succeeds in shooting himself in the foot.
Old 12-03-10, 10:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Only remember one scene - Can't think of the movie

Ah! Thanks! Yeah, I can't imagine it was too good, but we were talking about catching bugs, and then talked about shooting bugs, and it just bugged the hell out of me (no pun intended) that I couldn't remember where that scene came from.

Thank you, thank you!