DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   All Good Things (Jarecki, 2010) -- Ryan Gosling, Kirsten Dunst, Frank Langella (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/582108-all-good-things-jarecki-2010-ryan-gosling-kirsten-dunst-frank-langella.html)

Throwing Copper 11-15-10 10:01 PM

All Good Things (Jarecki, 2010) -- Ryan Gosling, Kirsten Dunst, Frank Langella

The director of the great 2003 docu "Capturing the Friedmans" finally returns with a new film. This time it's a full length drama.

This is a murder mystery/love story with Gosling and Dunst in the leads.

It's available on demand and in limited release in December.

Sounds interesting. Has anybody seen or heard anything?

http://www.celebitchy.com/wp-content...10/gosling.jpg

Gunde 11-16-10 02:10 AM

Re: All Good Things (Jarecki, 2010) -- Ryan Gosling, Kirsten Dunst, Frank Langella

I know that Dunst "whips them out" :D

It also stars Kristen Wiig. Might be interesting to see her in a serious role.

TheySentYou 11-17-10 12:57 AM

Re: All Good Things (Jarecki, 2010) -- Ryan Gosling, Kirsten Dunst, Frank Langella

Kristen Wiig should whip hers out too.

Film Comment magazine reviewed this film in a positive light... and claimed it's far better than Ryan Gosling in 'Blue Valentine'.. which happens to be my favorite film of the year so far. Thus, i gotta see this.

JeffTheAlpaca 01-20-11 08:28 AM

I saw this back in December on HDNET and I thought it was a great movie.

Gosling should have gotten a Oscar nomination for this movie.

RichC2 01-20-11 08:32 AM

Oscar nominations haven't been announced yet.

IMO, despite what Film Comment may have said, he was better in Blue Valentine and likely will be nominated for that.

TheySentYou 01-20-11 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by RichC2 (Post 10598906)
Oscar nominations haven't been announced yet.

IMO, despite what Film Comment may have said, he was better in Blue Valentine and likely will be nominated for that.

yeah i read that little mini-review in Film Comment - major wtf! i haven't watched All Good Things, but i cannot believe FC was knocking his performance in Blue Valentine. it was mesmerizing.

JimRochester 09-03-11 10:14 AM

Saw this last night as a BB online rental. Excellent performances all around. Dunst does whip them out in a shower scene. Local gal Wiig is great in the serious role and yes she should whip them out too. It was a drama, you really can't call it a mystery or crime thriller because the focus is always on Goslings character. There is never any doubt about who might be the guy that did it. The screenplay was taken from the court proceedings in which Gosling's character was on trial for murdering a neighbor (seperate from the disapperance of his wife) so the narrative comes from his in-court testimony. Did find it a bit slow moving at times but never to the point of boredom.

If you want a good drama then you'll enjoy this. If you're hoping for a crime thriller whodunnit you'll be disappointed.

islandclaws 09-03-11 03:58 PM

I've had this sitting near the bottom of a pile of reviews BDs I need to get to. This thread has inspired me to pull it to the top. I've heard Gosling is great from other people as well.

JimRochester 09-03-11 04:38 PM

Although I usually don't care for extras I will admit they had some great interview material from neighbors and friends and a documentary.

pjflyer 09-03-11 07:27 PM

The commentary is pretty incredible. It's the director and the man who inspired the movie.