DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   I'm trying to make a list of horror movies where dead bodies drop down out of nowhere (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/581580-im-trying-make-list-horror-movies-where-dead-bodies-drop-down-out-nowhere.html)

Seantn 11-04-10 02:49 AM

I'm trying to make a list of horror movies where dead bodies drop down out of nowhere

resinrats 11-04-10 07:47 AM

Re: I'm trying to make a list of horror movies where dead bodies drop down out of now

Con Air. - Body right onto General Hammond's car. Why didn't they just put the bunny back?

flagstone 11-04-10 10:43 AM

Re: I'm trying to make a list of horror movies where dead bodies drop down out of now

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, just after Kirk et al arrive at the Genesis station

Numanoid 11-04-10 03:44 PM

Ah yes, Star Trek II. One of the greatest horror movies of all time.

Numanoid 11-04-10 03:46 PM

And you should really spoilerize the descriptions when describing the scenes and especially character names.

flagstone 11-04-10 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Numanoid (Post 10473075)
Ah yes, Star Trek II. One of the greatest horror movies of all time.

Well, I couldn't remember a body falling from the ceiling in Star Trek V. ;)

Groucho 11-04-10 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Numanoid (Post 10473076)
And you should really spoilerize the descriptions when describing the scenes and especially character names.

For the Friday the 13th flicks just replace the names with "Dead Teenager" because that's all we remember anyway.

Hokeyboy 11-04-10 04:19 PM

I'd like to compile a list of horror movies where the camera does a close-up on a character is doing something mundane, and as they turn around the camera pans quickly over and the musical cue SHRIEKS and the character screams as they come face to face with someone they didn't expect to be there, but it's only a friend or a cat or someone harmless...

Navinabob 11-04-10 04:40 PM

What is this list for? Why would this list matter? At least Hokey's comment is about a cliche... It's like trying to make a list of old westerns where the bad guy rode on a brown horse with white feet.

Is this like for some drinking game you are trying to come up with? Did someone bet you that you couldn't come up with 10? I wanna know!

Trevor 11-04-10 04:51 PM

You sure IMDB doesn't already have a keyword for this? The other day while looking at The Exorcist, I noticed one of the many keywords was *SPOILER*
Spoiler:
"masturbation with a cross".
Luckily, it was the only film for that, but someone seriously wanted to track them? some of the keywords in IMDB are quite bizarre and unique.

visitor Q 11-04-10 04:55 PM

I'm not sure if [REC] would apply.
Spoiler:
Out of no where a body falls from an upper floor to the landing full of actors who weren't previously informed of the effect

Mabuse 11-04-10 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Hokeyboy (Post 10473163)
I'd like to compile a list of horror movies where the camera does a close-up on a character is doing something mundane, and as they turn around the camera pans quickly over and the musical cue SHRIEKS and the character screams as they come face to face with someone they didn't expect to be there, but it's only a friend or a cat or someone harmless...

Well, #1 on your list would be David Lean's Great Expectations. Not a horror film, but he invented that shot.

Rockmjd23 11-04-10 05:43 PM

Every slasher ever.

Dr Mabuse 11-04-10 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by Trevor (Post 10473237)
You sure IMDB doesn't already have a keyword for this? The other day while looking at The Exorcist, I noticed one of the many keywords was *SPOILER*
Spoiler:
"masturbation with a cross".
Luckily, it was the only film for that, but someone seriously wanted to track them? some of the keywords in IMDB are quite bizarre and unique.

They called that "masturbation"?

I'd hate to see what they called stabbing and mutilating a pussy with a cross then.

Defiant1 11-04-10 09:41 PM

There's a Dead Teenager who falls onto a car in Friday the 13th (2009), scaring the About-to-be-Dead-Teenager in the driver's seat.

asianxcore 11-04-10 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by Hokeyboy (Post 10473163)

and add the Open/Close Mirror jump-scare.

After watching as many films as I did for the October Horror Challenge, that shit got tired.

FRwL 11-05-10 02:04 AM

The Last Hunter- italo nam actioner has dead rotting pilot who falls and hangs on straps.

DRG 11-05-10 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by Seantn (Post 10472048)
Friday the 13th (Steve Christy drops down from the tree above)

It's one thing when Jason does it, but I've always found it amusing that
Spoiler:
Mrs. Voorhees, who is supposed to be 50 at the time of the original Friday the 13th, had the strength to rig up all those bodies by herself, dead weight no less.

islandclaws 11-05-10 10:15 AM

The Fly II - when that security guard's body comes flying in from right field. It's actually really funny.