Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

The Rite (Håfström, 2011) Anthony Hopkins in an Exorcism Drama

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 10-22-10, 04:54 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Synopsis - Inspired by true events, "The Rite" follows skeptical seminary student Michael Kovak (Colin O'Donoghue), who reluctantly attends exorcism school at the Vatican. While in Rome, he meets an unorthodox priest, Father Lucas (Anthony Hopkins), who introduces him to the darker side of his faith. Directed by Mikael Hafstroem ("1408"), "The Rite" is a supernatural thriller that uncovers the devil's reach to even one of the holiest places on Earth.

Trailer - http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/wb/therite/

January 28, 2011

Directed By: Mikael Håfström
Written By: Michael Petroni (The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader)
Based on the Book By: Matt Baglio

I think this one looks pretty good despite the inevitable similarities to The Exorcist. The fact that the trailer focuses more on the dramatic side of the story as opposed to "scary CGI possession shots" is a big plus is my book. I thought that Håfström did a good job with 1408 and think the script is was ended up hurting that film in the end. So, I'm looking forward to this one.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1161864/