Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Gangsters of circumstances less evil than willling gangsters

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 10-02-10, 12:03 AM
En vacance

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you noticed for example in Godfather II, Vito and Michael's difference and in Scarface Tony and Sosa's difference. Tony/Vito were just peasants in Cuba or poor immigrants in NY who really had no other choice to go into their field of crime while the latter two Sosa/Michael, one was English university trained and the other was in the army and had the world's possibilities open for him but instead chose to go crime and sort of lacked that gentleness/morality that those others had. So basically the lesson is go with the flow.
Old 10-02-10, 12:13 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: Gangsters of circumstances less evil than willling gangsters

It's an interesting thought. Though I think both circumstances were somewhat similar, Tony was acting more out of desperation and doing what he could do to survive. Michael inherited the family business and also acted as a patriarch to the family when Vito was shot. I think they both saw what they were doing as temporary until they realized they were good at it and then power corrupted them.
Old 10-02-10, 10:56 PM
En vacance

Re: Gangsters of circumstances less evil than willling gangsters

Yeah but what about Tony/Sosa?