Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Those who bring babies into theaters...

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Those who bring babies into theaters...

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-10, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts
Re: Those who bring babies into theaters...

Plus what does it say about any hearing damage for the kids? I've been in showings where the kids are quite and not crying, but do they really need to be at some action flick that has the sound cranked up?
Old 10-01-10, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went to see Donnie Brasco with a friend opening weekend. 10 minutes before the movie starts a woman sits down right next to me with a baby. We rolled our eyes. She started feeding it and I thought maybe it would sleep. But then the fucking little bastard actually spit up on my arm!! So we got up and luckily found two separated seats a few rows lower. Didn't hear the baby if it did cry.
Old 10-01-10, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 277 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by Hokeyboy
I saw "No Country For Old Men" with a bunch of altakockers in Tamarac, FL, which is just OldFartsVille. These people will not shut up for love or money. I loved the movie anyhow, but I gotta admit, the sudden and abrupt ending of that film threw these elderlies for a massive loop. MASSIVE. As the credits rolled, one of them stood up and screamed (to nobody) "WHAT A WASTE OF TIME!!!" and then collapsed. DEAD! I shit you not...
I guess it really was No Country for Old Men!

Moral of the story: be careful what movie you choose to see when you're at death's door. It might be your last.
Old 10-01-10, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 332 Likes on 251 Posts

That's funny- I worked in theaters for 10 years and never saw anyone die. Did they have the corpse carted out right away?

Whenever I see people with unruly kids, I just say to them "Shoulda used a condom".
Old 10-01-10, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 729 Likes on 532 Posts

Nothing worse than working for a movie studio where asshole employees that should know better still have the need to answer every fucking text that comes in on their iPhone or BB at screenings.
Old 10-01-10, 06:52 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm ok with crying babies in theaters if the parents walk out with them as soon they starting crying. I went to see Easy A during the opening weekend and about 10 minutes before the movie ended a baby in front me started crying and them mom walked out the baby right away. When I saw A Nightmare on Elm Street remake there was crying baby somewhere in the back part of the theater and somebody "take the baby out" but it continued crying for 10 minutes after that.
Old 10-01-10, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by devilshalo
Nothing worse than working for a movie studio where asshole employees that should know better still have the need to answer every fucking text that comes in on their iPhone or BB at screenings.
Not to derail, but I went to see "Machete" last month and an employee ran up to meet her friends sitting near us in the middle of the movie and then sat down and started texting incessantly. I can't believe I had to remind her to put the goddamn phone away.
Old 10-01-10, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by naitram
a theater full of MILFs?
Yes! Allowing other MILFs to suckle their lactating jugs.
Old 10-01-10, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 696 Likes on 430 Posts

Lactating jugs FTW
Old 10-01-10, 08:11 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Hokeyboy
Lactating jugs FTW
Old 10-01-10, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts

I agree with the other posters. Alamo Draft House has this option which is pretty cool. My wife and I have only been to the movies twice since our daughter was born in February.

BABY DAY! INFANTS WELCOME!

Back to Now Showing

The Alamo Drafthouse understands that it is hard for new parents to get out for an evening on the town. That is why we proudly offer Baby Day, for the first showing of any of our films, on Tuesday afternoons. Infants are welcome to these shows, and of course, are allowed in for free. For our baby day shows, we keep the lights up a bit, and the sound down a bit, so your little one never has to know they even went to the movies! Take some time for yourself, pack up the kids, and head out to the Alamo Drafthouse for some much needed entertainment!

Call 512-219-5408 for more information and call 512-219-8135 for show times.
Old 10-02-10, 11:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Infants shouldn't be free, an infant ticket should be $50.
Old 10-03-10, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by superdeluxe
We hated parents that brought their babies into the theater, They would always say shit like 'If you were a parent you would understand or feel differently'. Well we are parents now, and that still irritates us.

If you can't afford a baby sitter, then just rent a movie on demand. DOn't make us suffer your children.
I absolutely hate that excuse that is basically saying it's not them but it's you. Take responsibility for your own actions and don't blame the victims. I respect it's not easy being a parent, but that's just the way it is. Again, I've no problem someone bringing a kid into a movie but if they cry, then be responsible and take them into the lobby until they calm down.
Old 10-03-10, 11:06 AM

I walked out of There Will Be Blood because some stupid @#$& brought her two young kids who just kept running up and down the aisle. I got my money back and the usher said she knew there would be a problem when she saw them come in but couldn't do anything about it.
It's not bringing kids to a movie that bothers me it's bringing them to a movie that is obviously not for them. I mean There Will Be Blood? Seriously? I would pay to have someone from Child Protective Services stand by the door and stop anyone from bringing anyone under 17 to an R rated movie. They should just take kid away right there.
Old 10-03-10, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I would pay good money to go to a theater that wouldn't allow children into a R-rated movie at all (the one here in town has a No Children under 6 after 6 policy) as well as having 21 and over only screenings.
Old 10-03-10, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 329 Likes on 200 Posts

Originally Posted by zekeburger1979
I would pay good money to go to a theater that wouldn't allow children into a R-rated movie at all (the one here in town has a No Children under 6 after 6 policy) as well as having 21 and over only screenings.
Now if they served alcohol at the latter one that would be pretty awesome.
Old 10-04-10, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by zekeburger1979
As I was buying tickets for the Social Network yesterday, I overheard the AMC rep tell the people beside me who were trying to watch a movie with their 2 year old, that they have a no children under 6 after 6 policy which I thought was great and didn't even know about.
Old 10-04-10, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts

When I went to see Unfaithful in the theatres 8 years ago, some woman brought her 4-5 year old son and baby with her. Everytime when Olivier Martinez and Diane Lane started going at each other in a sex scene, the woman covered her sons eyes.

In one instance, the kid asked...."Why are you covering my eyes Mommy?"

Uhhh couldn't she have waited to see the movie on date night with her husband or something and the kids stayed home with the sitter?