Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

ENDHIRAN (aka The Robot) full trailer

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 09-22-10, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ne69-4GPwT0?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ne69-4GPwT0?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
Old 09-22-10, 10:08 PM
Banned

Re: ENDHIRAN (aka The Robot) full trailer

This looks boring and shitty. I'm sure it'll make gangbusters in it's home country. Looks Indian? Am I correct?

EDIT: Yep, it's Indian.
Old 09-23-10, 07:11 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Wrong. It looks awesome, and I will be there opening night.
Old 09-23-10, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It looks really shitty. Why would they make a robot slightly chubby and give him helmet hair?
Old 09-23-10, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

India has SyFy Channel Original Movies too?
Old 09-23-10, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Rob V View Post
It looks really shitty. Why would they make a robot slightly chubby and give him helmet hair?
Ha, welcome to the world of Indian cinema! There is a place for chubby, hairy men as leading men over there! Thank god that is not the case for the women - the Indian actresses are usually extremely hot.
Old 09-23-10, 11:02 AM

Such negativity. You people obviously have no imagination. This is going to blow people's minds. October 1st FTW!
Old 09-26-10, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

This is one hot ticket...a theater in Jackson Heights, Queens has already sold out the entire first week and the movie doesn't even open until Friday. Tickets to the U.S. opening night premiere show are being priced at $40...this is for the Tamil version...haven't looked into the Hindi dub. Ticket prices for Tamil and Telugu releases are generally higher priced as compared to Hindi films, and the distribution network is entirely different.
Old 09-26-10, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Flixtime,
did u get the info about that theater? Cuz the bollywood theater in Jackson Heights closed ages ago. Im wondering if you read this is am Indian news agency, because it sounds like they are lying and just trying to hype it up.
Old 09-26-10, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It looks cool! Crazy, funny, nice special effects! Is that Joe Pesci as a robot?

I'll watch it.
Old 09-26-10, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This looks like one of those, "so bad, it's got to be awesome" movies.

Crack some beers & gather a bunch of friends for laughs sort of movie.
Old 09-26-10, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Tarantino View Post
This looks like one of those, "so bad, it's got to be awesome" movies.

Crack some beers & gather a bunch of friends for laughs sort of movie.
This.

It looks so shitty that it works its way all the way around to awesome. I'd gladly watch this. Unlike that crappy Hulk movie.

<object width="1280" height="745"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qn_rYNxSm1s?fs=1&hl=en_US&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qn_rYNxSm1s?fs=1&hl=en_US&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="1280" height="745"></embed></object>

Last edited by RocShemp; 09-26-10 at 09:30 PM.
Old 09-26-10, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by toddly6666 View Post
Flixtime,
did u get the info about that theater? Cuz the bollywood theater in Jackson Heights closed ages ago. Im wondering if you read this is am Indian news agency, because it sounds like they are lying and just trying to hype it up.
Hey toddly, I didn't get any first-hand info. or anything...simply saw it mentioned on a few Indian news sites. Though not the place I first read it, here's one example:

Here's one of the mentions:
http://www.apunkachoice.com/content/...ches_up_in_us/

If reports are to be believed, the tickets are selling like wild though in the state of Tamil Nadu. I have vague recollection that when SIVAJI opened in the U.S., tickets were in high-demand and pricey ($20-$25). So, even if the Jackson Heights thing is complete bull, it still looks to be a high-demand ticket...keeping in mind that the Tamil version will play only in areas with a concentrated population of Tamilians. I don't remember if SIVAJI was shown with English subtitles though...and generally Tamil/Telugu films aren't shown with subtitles in the U.S. (though I think there was one big release a while back that had subs or maybe was announced as being the first Tamil/Telugu film to have subs and didn't...or maybe it was SIVAJI that was subbed). I think too the Telugu dub version might have been pushed back a week. I'm curious to see if the Hindi dub (aka ROBOT) is going to be scheduled in my local theater...and if it follows the same pattern as other Hindi releases (aka English-subtitled and with normal pricing). I'm not too keen on paying a premium to see the Tamil version if indeed it won't have subtitles...though if they sub the Hindi version, you'd think they would sub the Tamil version (but then again a non-Tamilian in the audience will be a rare thing, so why bother).
Old 09-26-10, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

They certainly love their below-the-line crew in the trailer! I'd love to give The Robot a drunken viewing...
Old 09-26-10, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Sonic View Post
Is that Joe Pesci as a robot?
HAHAHA, that's freaking funny. The biggest star in South India can now be called the Joe Pesci of India...

For those that don't know, the movie director, Shankar, is known to be the James Cameron of India, always bringing special effects and action to the next level in India.

And by the way, although it's not advertised in the trailer, Woo-ping Yuen did the fight choreography for the film which is gonna be awesome! Peter Hein does fight choreography as well (he's known as the Woo-ping Yuen of India).
Old 09-26-10, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rob V View Post
Meh, why would you build a robot with an Austrian accent?

Looks like they're taking this somewhat seriously, as opposed to that terrible Hulk ripoff that's been floating around. The snake made out of robots looks interesting.
Old 09-26-10, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

That Indian Hulk rip-off is not connected at all to the Indian film industry. It was just an Indian person having fun with a computer...This movie, however, is going to be a great B-movie!
Old 09-26-10, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Thanks for the extra info, toddly6666. This is definitely on my radar.
Old 09-26-10, 08:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by toddly6666 View Post
That Indian Hulk rip-off is not connected at all to the Indian film industry. It was just an Indian person having fun with a computer...This movie, however, is going to be a great B-movie!
That can be said of several Indian films by the way some of them look.
Old 09-26-10, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Solid Snake PAC View Post
That can be said of several Indian films by the way some of them look.
Meh. Just give 'em the same free pass you give craptacular Japanese CGI and you'll sleep a whole lot better.
Old 09-26-10, 09:04 PM
Banned

Oh you bastard...hahaha.

I JUST gave that pass to the intro to Always 2. lol...
Old 09-26-10, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The music is pretty good:

Spoiler:
<object width="960" height="745"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tZp6lQhun9s?fs=1&hl=en_US&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tZp6lQhun9s?fs=1&hl=en_US&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="960" height="745"></embed></object>

Spoiler:
<object width="960" height="745"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NdAUClYQxmg?fs=1&hl=en_US&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NdAUClYQxmg?fs=1&hl=en_US&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="960" height="745"></embed></object>

Spoiler:
<object width="960" height="745"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/k-Qf5ed20Qw?fs=1&hl=en_US&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/k-Qf5ed20Qw?fs=1&hl=en_US&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="960" height="745"></embed></object>

I'd love the get the soundtrack. Would love to hear what the score is like as well.

Originally Posted by Solid Snake PAC View Post
Oh you bastard...hahaha.

I JUST gave that pass to the intro to Always 2. lol...
I know.

Last edited by RocShemp; 09-26-10 at 09:36 PM.
Old 09-27-10, 12:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by RocShemp View Post
The music is pretty good:

I'd love the get the soundtrack. Would love to hear what the score is like as well.
It sounds like A.R. Rahman teaming up with Daft Punk sort of...
Old 09-27-10, 10:39 AM

That is another thing I'm a little bummed about, hearing the songs in context for the first time in Hindi rather than Tamil. That being said, Naina Miley (the Hindi song) sounds pretty awesome. I'll have to order the Tamil soundtrack from India.
Old 09-27-10, 03:35 PM

FYI, I just found this image on facebook. It says the Tamil version is subbed in English. Now I have to decide if I want to pay $16 for my wife and I to see the Hindi version, or $50 to see the Tamil version.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.