DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   'Suspiria' on the big screen! (AFI Silver - Oct.) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/578958-suspiria-big-screen-afi-silver-oct.html)

Giles 09-07-10 04:54 PM

'Suspiria' on the big screen! (AFI Silver - Oct.)

as part of the Silver's Spooky Movie 2010 International Horror Film Festival, the films included are:

- Shaun of the Dead
- Let the Right One In
- Tucker & Dale vs. Evil
- Nosferatu, A Symphony of Horror
- Dawn of the Dead [with Silver Spring 'Zombie Walk' attendees]
- Suspiria [this should be wicked on the Silver's large screen and soundsystem]

sounds like a fun albeit short list of films
:thumbsup:

Rypro 525 09-07-10 08:42 PM

Re: 'Suspiria' on the big screen! (AFI Silver - Oct.)

I take it that it'll be the original Dawn. Lets hope they use prints for each movie, since the AFI has been known for using dvd/blu versions in the past

Giantrobo 09-07-10 08:53 PM

Where is this? I've been wanting to see "Suspira" since some folks here were hyping it in another thread. I remember when it came out but I never saw it.

mario_c 09-07-10 08:59 PM

That's very cool. I've actually seen half of these on the big screen and you horror fans wherever this may be happening are in for a treat. It's actually kind of tempting...

Rypro 525 09-07-10 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by Giantrobo (Post 10359124)
Where is this? I've been wanting to see "Suspira" since some folks here were hyping it in another thread. I remember when it came out but I never saw it.

DC, actually, Silver Spring but its like 5 min from dc

fumanstan 09-07-10 09:32 PM

Good for DC. I guess?

Giles 09-07-10 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by Rypro 525 (Post 10359105)
I take it that it'll be the original Dawn. Lets hope they use prints for each movie, since the AFI has been known for using dvd/blu versions in the past

I think the AFI has gotten enough grief from patrons when they haven't posted the info pertaining to how the films are being presented - the AFI guide seems to suggest that all the films are 35mm. The cut of 'Dawn' appears to be the theatrical (127min) cut.

in regards to 'Suspiria' - they specifically detail it's a rare 35mm print courtesy of the National Media Museum.

Greg MacGuffin 09-07-10 11:46 PM

Suspiria on the big screen is a treat. The soundtrack, when cranked up, is overwhelming.

Giantrobo 09-08-10 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by fumanstan (Post 10359189)
Good for DC. I guess?

Yep.

filmfan223 09-30-10 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Giles (Post 10359289)
I think the AFI has gotten enough grief from patrons when they haven't posted the info pertaining to how the films are being presented - the AFI guide seems to suggest that all the films are 35mm. The cut of 'Dawn' appears to be the theatrical (127min) cut.

in regards to 'Suspiria' - they specifically detail it's a rare 35mm print courtesy of the National Media Museum.

Yes the 35mm print is being flown over from England especially for the show!

Rypro 525 10-23-10 09:30 AM

Zombie walk tonight. And I am def. doin the double feature of Dawn and Suspiria at midnight