DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Uwe "Toilet" Boll makes a movie about Auschwitz (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/578952-uwe-toilet-boll-makes-movie-about-auschwitz.html)

Traxan 09-07-10 03:19 PM

Uwe "Toilet" Boll makes a movie about Auschwitz

http://filmdrunk.uproxx.com/2010/09/...uschwitz-movie

This will NOT end well...

kstublen 09-07-10 03:27 PM

Re: Uwe "Toilet" Boll makes a movie about Auschwitz

Dear God...

NORML54601 09-07-10 03:27 PM

I mistook Uwe Boll for Usain Bolt and was trying to figure out how the hell that movie would work.

Kmical 09-07-10 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by NORML54601 (Post 10358644)
I mistook Uwe Boll for Usain Bolt and was trying to figure out how the hell that movie would work.

I think it would be a hell of a lot better film if it was directed by Usain Bolt ...

Maybe include a Jewish "Forrest Gump" character in a feature role:

"RUN, Abraham, RUN!"

;)

Numanoid 09-07-10 04:03 PM

Mein Gott im Himmel!

asianxcore 09-07-10 04:03 PM

Uwe Boll Exploitation Film

DeputyDave 09-07-10 04:26 PM

Wow...

I didn't know he made a movie about Darfur last year. I bet that was great.

Sonic 09-07-10 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by NORML54601 (Post 10358644)

Me too, I clicked on the link hoping to see him and his big white smile in a movie.

Dan 09-07-10 09:39 PM

There's a documentary about Uwe Boll playing at the Calgary International Film Festival this year. I'm not going to see it, but here's the synopsis:

Tired of nerds and armchair directors slamming his (alleged) cinematic masterpieces BLOODRAYNE, ALONE IN THE DARK and HOUSE OF THE DEAD, besieged German director Uwe Boll decides that if the Marquess of Queensbury rules don’t apply to cyberspace, then he’ll bring cyberspace to a squared circle in Vancouver. Boll invites six of his most vehement opponents in the blogosphere—individuals who have called for Boll to retire, die or both—in an effort to hold them accountable for their words, an act most athletes and politicians have likely dreamed about. Director Dan West’s first feature paints a portrait of a man from a good family who is part misunderstood artist and part Joe Pesci from GOODFELLAS; by the end of the film, the audience is left to decide if Boll is truly deserving of our sympathy, and contemplate the effect that the internet—a place where anyone can have a virtual soapbox—has on the creative process.

GreenVulture 09-07-10 10:39 PM

Fun DVDTalk Fact: Apparently Traxan and kstublen believe this is the first time a hack director has made an exploitation movie about the Holocaust.

Solid Snake 09-08-10 12:38 AM

didn't back out when a guy named Sean Baby from EGM, who was trained in a certain style, took the challenge?

The Valeyard 09-08-10 02:43 AM

"The holocaust is now the second worst thing to happen to Jews."

JumpCutz 09-08-10 11:27 AM

Looking forward to Brett Ratner's 'Buchenwald'.

Heat 09-08-10 11:54 AM

I can't go to the link in the first post, are you talking about this film?

Bloodrayne: The Third Reich (2010)
100 min - Action | Comedy | Adventure | Fantasy - In Production

Rayne fights against the Nazis in Europe during World War II, encountering Ekart Brand, a Nazi leader whose target is to inject Adolf Hitler with Rayne's blood in an attempt to transform him into a dhampir and attain immortality.

Director: Uwe Boll
Writer: Michael Nachoff

Kmical 09-08-10 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Heat (Post 10360035)

Sadly ... no. It's a different film called Auschwitz.

I think we can sum up Uwe's career to date with this quote:

"He's hit rock bottom --- but continues to dig."

Solid Snake 09-08-10 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Heat (Post 10360035)

holy shit....is really making that Bloodrayne 3? WTF?! Why do game studios let a guy do this to their property? Shitty property or not....

Groucho 09-08-10 01:18 PM

I won't postulate that Boll is a good director, but he does a better job than most of his critics would ever do given the same time and resources.

Hell, Postal and Rampage were at least watchable -- which is more than I could say for Transformers 2.

Solid Snake 09-08-10 01:22 PM

btw that's Boll in that 1st shot....

also...wtf?

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cYiOGMKif9A?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cYiOGMKif9A?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

BJacks 09-08-10 03:02 PM

This seems (and looks) crass, even for Boll.

Abob Teff 09-08-10 11:28 PM

First ... I did not know that there was an Auschwitz video game. It must be a a strategy game.

Second, why was Bol wearing a military uniform while standing outside the locked theater door while movie-goers begged and pleaded to be released from having to watch his movies?

Third, the documentary actually sounds interesting.

Gunde 09-09-10 01:23 AM

Originally Posted by Traxan (Post 10358633)
This will NOT end well...

It will end the exact same way as with all his previous movie: with most people not giving a fuck.

DeanoBKN 09-09-10 01:38 AM

Somehow I get the feeling this movie will be in poor taste.

FRwL 09-09-10 01:41 AM

Is Uwe Boll like a modern Jesus Franco? Trashy movies but a lovable nonsensical style.

Osiris3657 09-09-10 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by Solid Snake PAC (Post 10359467)
didn't back out when a guy named Sean Baby from EGM, who was trained in a certain style, took the challenge?

yea, Seanbaby (real name Sean Reiley) offered to fight but Boll backed out after learning he trained in muy thai and jujitsu. He isn't with EGM anymore, but he has a weekly column on Cracked.com that is hilarious.

Solid Snake 09-09-10 02:08 AM

I just saw that EGM was back up 3 weeks ago. I remember when they got taken down. Great magazine it was. Saw and read a bit of the new one, dunno how long this one's been around but...it just didn't feel the same as the old EGM.