DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Scott Pilgrim or Piranha --> which should I see tomorrow? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/578284-scott-pilgrim-piranha-should-i-see-tomorrow.html)

OldBoy 08-22-10 04:14 PM

Scott Pilgrim or Piranha --> which should I see tomorrow?

now interested in both and have to get out for some time tomorrow, so for those that saw Scott Pilgrim and Piranha...which one was more entertaining, worth the $$ and which should i see tomorrow?

Both, incidentally, are sitting at 81% @ RT.

Scott Pilgrim
Piranha

My Other Self 08-22-10 04:15 PM

Re: Scott Pilgrim or Piranha --> which should I see tomorrow?

Pirahna has a fun theater vibe. Scott Pilgrim, even though I didn't care for it, you'll appreciate it for what it is at either the theater or at home. So my vote would be Pirahna.

MrSmearkase 08-22-10 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by mcfly (Post 10333890)
Pirahna has a fun theater vibe.

Yeah, but you can't expect oo many people in a theatre on a Monday.

mdc3000 08-22-10 04:55 PM

It's a toss up. I loved both of them - I do think Piranha is more fun in 3D than it will be at home (although a lot of people in the thread were hating on the 3D I thought it had some decent 'in your face' moments here and there which were effective), however Scott Pilgrim is my fave flick of the year. I'd say do both back to back and have a great time at the theatre... if you can only do 1, go with Scott Pilgrim since it'll probably be out of theatres sooner (with Piranha getting the boot shortly behind it) box office numbers be damned!

NORML54601 08-22-10 05:02 PM

I don't get Piranha. A few people get eaten, everyone else, get the fuck out of the water. Movie over.

mdc3000 08-22-10 05:04 PM

^That's pretty much it, but it becomes a clusterfuck when you have 400 people trying to get out of the water vs. 4,000 flesh hungry Piranha's. If you don't like B-movie dialogue which is so bad it's good, tons of tits and over the top gore, the movie isn't for you. If you like those things (which I do), the movie is a total blast.

tylergfoster 08-22-10 06:00 PM

I didn't like it, but at best Piranha 3D would be a silly B-movie lark you'd see for the splatter. Which do you think you have a better odds of reminiscing about seeing in theaters for the first time: Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, or Piranha 3D?

bd...? 08-22-10 06:09 PM

I'd go see "The kids are alright" wonderful movie

Eric D. 08-22-10 06:52 PM

Piranha 3D since you won't be able to duplicate that experience at home.

Eva Kaine 08-22-10 07:35 PM

http://www.filmofilia.com/wp-content...orld-photo.jpg

islandclaws 08-24-10 08:25 PM

I see I'm too late, but I voted Piranha because I loathed Pilgrim like no other.

Eva Kaine 08-24-10 09:01 PM

http://www.vanityfair.com/online/osc...right-now.html

--

OldBoy 08-25-10 11:30 AM

well, i saw Pilgrim and Piranha...kinda.

went early and saw the beginning of Piranha, just happened to have 3D glasses with me, saw about an hour. really didn't like it or hate it. it was just meh. 3D was meh as well. i will see it on Blu when it comes out. the underwater ballet was inspired though.

saw all of Pilgrim and really enjoyed it. wasn't wowed, but it was fun and inventive and Cera wasn't too annoying and Winstead actually surprised me as i haven't liked her in much else.

Matthew Chmiel 08-25-10 12:54 PM

You saw an hour? You know if you stayed 15 more minutes, the movie would've been over... right?

OldBoy 08-25-10 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel (Post 10338668)
You saw an hour? You know if you stayed 15 more minutes, the movie would've been over... right?

well, i was always going to see Pilgrim and that was starting, so i had no qualms about leaving since i wasn't loving it.

cungar 08-25-10 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by mdc3000 (Post 10333929)
(although a lot of people in the thread were hating on the 3D I thought it had some decent 'in your face' moments here and there which were effective),

Can we get back to normal English? You don't hate on something. You hate something. You don't say you love on something do you?

OldBoy 08-25-10 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by cungar (Post 10338702)
Can we get back to normal English? You don't hate on something. You hate something. You don't say you love on something do you?

why you be hating on mdc3000?

tylergfoster 08-25-10 01:51 PM

wat u talkin bout dawg

RichC2 08-25-10 01:52 PM

hating on something is still leagues better than labeling it crap. "This is a crap movie", "This is a shit movie!" Just add the damn py or ty. That is all.

mdc3000 08-25-10 04:03 PM

I be loving on this thread.

Solid Snake 08-25-10 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by scott1598 (Post 10338550)
well, i saw Pilgrim and Piranha...kinda.

went early and saw the beginning of Piranha, just happened to have 3D glasses with me, saw about an hour. really didn't like it or hate it. it was just meh. 3D was meh as well. i will see it on Blu when it comes out. the underwater ballet was inspired though.

saw all of Pilgrim and really enjoyed it. wasn't wowed, but it was fun and inventive and Cera wasn't too annoying and Winstead actually surprised me as i haven't liked her in much else.

How do you JUST happen to have 3D glasses w/ you? Don't they give it to you when you get the ticket or did you walk in?

newginafets 08-25-10 07:03 PM

i watched both, why you have to pick just one? you can buy 1 and watch all :o

Adam Tyner 08-25-10 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Solid Snake PAC (Post 10339355)
How do you JUST happen to have 3D glasses w/ you? Don't they give it to you when you get the ticket or did you walk in?

He might have them from other things. Not everyone dumps their glasses in the recycling bin.

MrSmearkase 08-25-10 07:07 PM

/\ I keep mine just in case I feel like wandering the hall after a movie.

Solid Snake 08-25-10 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner (Post 10339371)
He might have them from other things. Not everyone dumps their glasses in the recycling bin.

I have several in my car but I don't walk w/ them in my pocket..lol.

Originally Posted by MrSmearkase (Post 10339375)
/\ I keep mine just in case I feel like wandering the hall after a movie.

i guess that's cool too.