Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Monsters (2010) dir. Gareth Edwards

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Monsters (2010) dir. Gareth Edwards

Old 03-17-11, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 289 Likes on 209 Posts
Re: Monsters (2010) dir. Gareth Edwards

/\ agree.
Old 07-24-11, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Finally saw it. Liked it okay, although I would like to have see more of the global effect of the infestation, not just the jungles of Mexico. Also left me wanting more info on the Walking Octupi. Are they intelligent? Are they overly aggressive or just defending themselves against humans? Are they eating us? And how did they manage to break through the border? You would think that in the face of alien invasion, the US would have every weapon available pointing toward the walls.
Old 07-25-11, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 184 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
Finally saw it. Liked it okay, although I would like to have see more of the global effect of the infestation, not just the jungles of Mexico. Also left me wanting more info on the Walking Octupi. Are they intelligent? Are they overly aggressive or just defending themselves against humans? Are they eating us? And how did they manage to break through the border? You would think that in the face of alien invasion, the US would have every weapon available pointing toward the walls.
That they didn't explain all that made it a better movie, IMO. The situation simply exists and they have to deal with it.
Old 07-25-11, 05:59 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SmackDaddy
That they didn't explain all that made it a better movie, IMO. The situation simply exists and they have to deal with it.
this...not eveything needs to explained. They're in some shit..and they have to handle it somehow. Good enough for me.
Old 11-29-11, 03:11 AM
Suspended

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I watched it today, it's beautifully shot and for such a low budget it's not terrible. It's not District 9 but I thought it was fairly entertaining albeit slow at parts.