Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Untitled Ozzy & Sharon Osbourne biopic

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 10-31-02, 11:13 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone hear that the Osbourne family would like to see a film of the life of Ozzy? (Not surprising, who wouldn't want to see a film of their life get made?) Anywho guess what actor Mrs. Osbourne wants to play Ozzy...drumroll please......Johnny Depp! Yes, she wants Johnny Depp to play the Oz, I for one think this is a bad idea and hope the project never leaves the ground.
Old 11-01-02, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 202 Likes on 156 Posts
Depp is a chameleon kind of actor, and I think he could pull it off if somebody like Tim Burton got behind the wheel.

I would recommend Juliet Landau as the younger Sharon, or if they want a real English actress, maybe Kate Winslet (it would be a GREAT departure for her).
Old 11-01-02, 07:17 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just noticed when I said "Not surprising, who wouldn't want to see a film of their life get made?" I didn't mean the Osbourne family I meant your own life. Carry on.
Old 10-21-21, 02:02 PM

Received 4,557 Likes on 3,092 Posts
re: Untitled Ozzy & Sharon Osbourne biopic

The lives and epic love story of rocker Ozzy Osbourne and manager and personality Sharon Osbourne will be the subject of an upcoming feature film.

The untitled project comes from Polygram Entertainment, and will follow a biopic format centering on their decades-long bond — one that exploded to the heights of pop culture with the flagship MTV reality series “The Osbournes.” Oscar nominee Lee Hall (“Billy Elliot”) is scripting the project.

“Our relationship at times was often wild, insane and dangerous but it was our undying love that kept us together,” said Sharon Osbourne. “We’re thrilled to partner with Sony Pictures and Polygram to bring our story to the screen.”

Sharon and her kids Jack Osborune and Aimée Osbourne are producing via their label Osbourne Media, with Michele Anthony and David Blackman on behalf of Polygram Entertainment. Andrea Giannetti is overseeing development for Sony.

Music will obviously play a large role in the film, and will feature tracks from Ozzy’s band Black Sabbath as well as work from his solo career.

Hall’s writing credits include “Rocketman” starring Taron Egerton, Steven Spielberg’s “War Horse,” Stephen Frears’ “Victoria & Abdul,” and “Billy Elliot,” which earned him an Oscar nod for best original screenplay.

Led by Jack Osbourne, Osbourne Media produces scripted and unscripted content for multiple platforms. He produced the documentary “God Bless Ozzy Osbourne” for Showtime and oversaw the production of NatGeo Wild’s series “Alpha Dogs.” His most recent documentary, “Biography: The Nine Lives of Ozzy Osbourne,” was a headliner for the 2020 SXSW Film Festival.

Polygram is the film and television arm of Universal Music Group, working across scripted and unscripted in film and television. Recent projects include “The Bee Gees: How Can You Mend A Broken Heart?” from director Frank Marshall, and acclaimed docs about The Go-Go’s and the Beastie Boys. They also produced NBC’s Emmy award-winning series “Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist.” Upcoming projects include “The Velvet Underground” feature documentary from Todd Haynes, and a KISS biopic from director Joachim Rønning.
https://variety.com/2021/film/news/o...ry-1235094612/
Old 10-21-21, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 718 Likes on 587 Posts
Re: Untitled Ozzy & Sharon Osbourne biopic

I am a fan but can they cover anything new that was not covered in the VH1 Behind the Music or that A&E doc from last year?
Old 10-21-21, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts

Or from their reality TV show they did on MTV?
Old 10-22-21, 12:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 398 Likes on 266 Posts

Nope. Not gonna watch this.
Old 10-22-21, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 263 Likes on 191 Posts

Yeah this is dumb. It it is on Netflix maybe otherwise nope.

Old 10-22-21, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,300 Likes on 944 Posts

Calling it now. Jared Leto as Ozzy.