Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

The Killer Elite (2011) - Statham, De Niro

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

The Killer Elite (2011) - Statham, De Niro

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-11, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: The Killer Elite (2011) - Statham, De Niro

She's not a master fighter by any means but she's no stranger to an action scene. It's too bad she couldn't have been in one.
Old 09-27-11, 09:02 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

sooooo I saw about 10 mins of her fights from Chuck. Really? Some of you guys think that she can kick butt well. Those were boring fights I saw. Seems like the editor made her good. She seems TV action average.
Old 09-27-11, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

Originally Posted by Solid Snake PAC
sooooo I saw about 10 mins of her fights from Chuck. Really? Some of you guys think that she can kick butt well. Those were boring fights I saw. Seems like the editor made her good. She seems TV action average.
As I said before, don't go expecting 24. The only reason anyone cares about her is because she's very pretty. Her asskicking skills are overrated.
Old 09-28-11, 09:36 PM
Banned

She's a shit asskicker is what she is.
Old 09-29-11, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 277 Likes on 212 Posts

I don't know why everyone's talking about this Yvonne chick. KILLER ELITE is the first thing I've ever seen her in (and probably the last as well) and she made no impression at all. She's just a generic blonde and her thankless girlfriend role could have been played by anyone. Or, preferably, by nobody at all. Her scenes slow down what's already a plodding, tiresome and utterly ridiculous movie. I've already wasted precious time writing these few lines about her.

None of the film makes any sense. We're supposed to root for the Statham and De Niro characters, but I didn't find them sympathetic at all. I didn't care what happened to them. They struck me as bad guys. Clive Owen played the movie's only character with any real honor, yet he's the chief antagonist. That's totally messed up, in my worldview. His character should have been the hero. It's like RISE OF THE PLANET OF THE APES all over again.

Last edited by Ash Ketchum; 09-29-11 at 09:38 PM.
Old 09-29-11, 09:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Ash Ketchum
I don't know why everyone's talking about this Yvonne chick. KILLER ELITE is the first thing I've ever seen her in (and probably the last as well) and she made no impression at all. She's just a generic blonde and her thankless girlfriend role could have been played by anyone. Or, preferably, by nobody at all. Her scenes slow down what's already a plodding, tiresome and utterly ridiculous movie. I've already wasted precious time writing these few lines about her.

None of the film makes any sense. We're supposed to root for the Statham and De Niro characters, but I didn't find them sympathetic at all. I didn't care what happened to them. They struck me as bad guys. Clive Owen played the movie's only character with any real honor, yet he's the chief antagonist. That's totally messed up, in my worldview. His character should have been the hero. It's like RISE OF THE PLANET OF THE APES all over again.
*sigh* she's on a show where supposedly she's a good asskicker. Which is bs cuz after checking out her skills. She's pretty mediocre. They're griping about how she could've done something...which she can't based off what I found.
Old 10-02-11, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts

Holy shit was this film all kinds of terrible. Didn't know it was directed by someone who's never made a movie before (it shows). The script was abysmal. DeNiro was nothing more than an extended cameo, and looked like he wasn't even trying. "Blitz" gets a direct to video release in the U.S. and this turd gets a theatrical release (!?) My rating 3/10.
Old 10-02-11, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This was an abomination.
Old 10-02-11, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The title was made up by a dyslexic writer from the Hostel movies.
Old 10-04-11, 12:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Huh, I actually enjoyed this. The ambiguity of the characters was kind of interesting. The only thing I was disappointed with was the fact that they never thought to just talk to these guys and ask them to fake their deaths as a favor or for a cut of the bounty. Hmmmm. But supposedly it was based on true events so that idea never occurred to the real folks either (If thats the way it went down)
Old 10-04-11, 01:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Daytripper
DeNiro was nothing more than an extended cameo, and looked like he wasn't even trying.
I really wish he would retire or at least be a bit choosier with his projects.

He's a shell of his former self and he's obviously only in it for the money nowadays. I can't believe he's cash strapped, then again if he can get away with phoning in performances while making millions, perhaps THAT allure is just too powerful to walk away from.

It's a shame to see him tarnish such a stellar career.
Old 10-04-11, 08:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts

Originally Posted by JumpCutz
I really wish he would retire or at least be a bit choosier with his projects.

He's a shell of his former self and he's obviously only in it for the money nowadays. I can't believe he's cash strapped, then again if he can get away with phoning in performances while making millions, perhaps THAT allure is just too powerful to walk away from.

It's a shame to see him tarnish such a stellar career.
I read he's pretty good in Another Bullshit Night in Suck City.
Old 10-04-11, 08:53 AM
Banned

I just need him to get back w/ Scorsese on that film they've been wanting to do.
Old 07-19-12, 12:37 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts

I caught this on Netflix and really enjoyed it. Well plotted and plenty of little misdirections. Not too stylish.