DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Name a film you disliked/hated as a kid and still do... (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/576120-name-film-you-disliked-hated-kid-still-do.html)

Solid Snake 07-06-10 05:25 PM

Name a film you disliked/hated as a kid and still do...

I'm just happily wondering..is there a film that you disliked/hated as kid..and still do today?

For me that film is...The Goonies, Superman III, and all Seagal films. Don't ask me why, well Seagal is easily explainable ;). I just never clicked w/ The Goonies. I didn't care for what was happening. I thought it was stupid. As an adult...I've seen it and yeah...I just don't like it. Boring, hate the kids, etc. I think it's an alright flick...but I just have never liked it. And well Superman III...I also thought it was boring and horrible. I stuck seeing it all the way till that nurse or whatever went Cyborg. I just switched to the VCR and probably put in Rambo III or something. I never finished it.

fumanstan 07-06-10 05:28 PM

Re: Name a film you disliked/hated as a kid and still do...

A Christmas Story.

Solid Snake 07-06-10 05:30 PM

Oh shit.. Me too...I FUCKING HATED THAT THING. FUCK YOU, A Christmas Story.

fumanstan 07-06-10 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Solid Snake PAC (Post 10250698)
Oh shit.. Me too...I FUCKING HATED THAT THING. FUCK YOU, A Christmas Story.

Exactly! Everyone seems to love it, but the kid has annoyed me for ages. The 24 hour marathon's on TBS haven't helped. Heh.

Solid Snake 07-06-10 05:37 PM

I KNOW! It's like I'm afraid to change the channel on a TV anywhere during that time out of fear of seeing that piece of shit. Thank god we don't have any cable or access to channels. It's just games and movies on our TVs here.

Dr Mabuse 07-06-10 05:48 PM

:lol:

Get a room you two...

Hokeyboy 07-06-10 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by Dr Mabuse (Post 10250726)

Get a room you two...

rotfl

Hated "Willow" then. Still hate it now.

Mike86 07-06-10 06:55 PM

I don't know if I'd say hate but I was never big on the Rocky movies and still am not really to this day. The first is okay but I have to be in the right mood to watch it.

The Beverly Hills Cop series, The Karate Kid trilogy (haven't seen them in a long time though), the Short Circuit movies, and E.T. are others that I've never really cared for a lot.

terrible chong 07-06-10 07:15 PM

Fuckin' Yentl.

My parents dragged me to it because they didn't want to pay for a babysitter.
It remains one of the all-time most boring experiences in my life.

My hatred for it has only intensified. Especially now that I understand Barbara Streisand as pure evil.

Kurt D 07-06-10 07:40 PM

I was forced to watch <i>Chariots of Fire</i> in the front row. My neck hurt. The shoes were pounding on my very face. And I hate the song, too.

Hokeyboy 07-06-10 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by terrible chong (Post 10250875)
Fuckin' Yentl.

My hatred for it has only intensified. Especially now that I understand Barbara Streisand as pure evil.

Wow... are you me? :up:

MrSmearkase 07-06-10 08:05 PM

The Neverending Story

I have always disliked this movie, all the way back to seeing it in the theatres at an early age.

jfoobar 07-06-10 08:09 PM

I do remember seeing The Goonies in the theater with a large group of friends and being the only one who didn't love it.

Dr Mabuse 07-06-10 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by terrible chong (Post 10250875)
Fuckin' Yentl.

I saw an interview with Mandy Patinkin years back. In the normal flow of questions about his career and whatever film he was doing then, he was asked about working with the 'great'(rotten egomaniacal ****) Barbra Streisand on 'Yentl', and what that was like. He gave the normal 'puff piece' answer. The interviewer pressed him stating that she had a rep for being difficult to work with. He dodged. The interviewer smelled blood, she went for the throat and asked him why he had never worked with her again, and would he if asked. You could see Mandy get serious and he said he would never work with her again, no matter what the project was.

I laughed and laughed.

Abob Teff 07-06-10 08:21 PM

Another "Christmas Story" vote ... first movie I thought of. I don't hate many movies (probably because I don't watch movies that I don't think I'll like), but that is one.

Can I carry over the horror-movie discussion and say "Magic" also ... (see that thread)

fumanstan 07-06-10 08:33 PM

Get a room you two...

I know, because 2 posts is just way too personal!

Zen Peckinpah 07-06-10 11:40 PM

Phenomenon.

A feel good movie with a fuck you ending.

davidh777 07-06-10 11:55 PM

:wave: Also not a fan of A Christmas Story

PopcornTreeCt 07-07-10 12:13 AM

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. Yep, still sucks.

RocShemp 07-07-10 12:18 AM

Another one who hates A Christmas Story.

Blu Man 07-07-10 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt (Post 10251340)
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. Yep, still sucks.

Always have and always will hate that film. Even Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is 10x better then that dreadful movie in my opinion. Oh, and I dunno what's with The Goonies hate, that movie is awesome. A tad overrated, but still awesome.

mike45 07-07-10 12:20 AM

Grease

Pointyskull 07-07-10 08:57 AM

Ferris Bueller's Day Off

I have never understood the adoration this one gets :shrug:

(though I wasn't "a kid" when it was released in '86, I was very immature for my age)

Ash Ketchum 07-07-10 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by Solid Snake PAC (Post 10250687)
I'm just happily wondering..is there a film that you disliked/hated as kid..and still do today?

For me that film is...The Goonies, Superman III, and all Seagal films. Don't ask me why, well Seagal is easily explainable ;). I just never clicked w/ The Goonies. I didn't care for what was happening. I thought it was stupid. As an adult...I've seen it and yeah...I just don't like it. Boring, hate the kids, etc. I think it's an alright flick...but I just have never liked it. And well Superman III...I also thought it was boring and horrible. I stuck seeing it all the way till that nurse or whatever went Cyborg. I just switched to the VCR and probably put in Rambo III or something. I never finished it.

Whaddaya got against Seagal? ABOVE THE LAW, ON DEADLY GROUND and UNDER SIEGE 2: DARK TERRITORY are head and tail above any Chuck Norris movies and most Van Dammes (I've got a soft spot for HARD TARGET and DOUBLE TEAM). Even EXIT WOUNDS is better than most Norris and Van Dammes. Give the brother another chance. And some of his other movies are good for laughs, esp. FIRE DOWN BELOW where he's an aikido expert EPA worker who goes "undercover" as a church handyman while wearing designer leather jackets and jeans. THE PATRIOT is pretty funny, too.

notkevinbacon 07-07-10 09:27 AM

Get a room you two...

...You'll shoot your eye out, kid.

Also, hate that movie.