Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

movies where a plot line centers around an (in the movie) actor's real life illness

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

movies where a plot line centers around an (in the movie) actor's real life illness

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-10, 05:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: movies where a plot line centers around an (in the movie) actor's real life illne

Originally Posted by Hokeyboy
Will you fuckers lay off Sarah Jessica Parker already? Her suicide scene in "The Ring" is one of the last decade's most riveting screen performances...
As was her scene in The Godfather. She really nailed it.
Old 06-11-10, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: movies where a plot line centers around an (in the movie) actor's real life illne

I'm pretty sure Hume Cronyn was actually suffering from dementia when they wheeled him into Marvin's Room.
Old 06-11-10, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chris Burke in the TV series "Life Goes On", about the life of a kid with Down's Syndrome.
Old 06-11-10, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul1957
Did the Edward G. Robinson character in Soylent Green have cancer? I think Robinson died a couple weeks after the film was finished.
No, he was just "old" although that's not why he died. But there was something about his being close to death and how they did the heavenly-sequence being related although I can't remember exactly what it was.
Old 06-12-10, 02:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Mabuse
You've got your facts a little screwed up. In real life Mark Hamill actually was attacked by a wampa. It happened in Malibu.
lol, I'm picturing a Wampa in board shorts
Old 06-12-10, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Yavin
As long as we're considering actors' injuries, how about Mark Hamill. I didn't research the details of this, but I believe a similar thing happened to him (car accident), resulting in some facial injuries, which were then worked into the beginning of ESB by having him be the victim of a Wampa attack.
Lucas claims that was in the script before Hamill's accident. Then again, Lucas claims he had the entire series planned out from the beginning, and we all know that's bullshit.